+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Tagum-N.B. said:
DOES ANY ONE IN THE PHILIPPINES NEED THIER ADVISORY TO MARRAIGE FOR ANYTHING, OR DOES THE AVERAGE FILIPINO EVEN KNOW IT EXISTS, I THINK ITS SOMETHING MADE UP TO PRODUCE INCOME FROM FILIPINOS LEAVING THE COUNTRY
Obviously nobody knows it exists, it's like some weird loophole for the NSO to get 415p from everybody who applies. They have to earn somehow ???

scos

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012-08-01
AOR Received.
2012-10-16
Med's Request
2013-05-02
Med's Done....
2013-05-07
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2013-05-02, In-Process: 2013-06-04, Decision Made: 2013-07-25
VISA ISSUED...
2013-07-30
LANDED..........
2013-08-18
Steph C said:
It's not a course.. it's a document everyone has to get from the NSO. Most people include a Marriage Certificate from the National Statistics Office. This isn't what they are looking for - they will always ask for an AOM from the NSO. Your wife should get one before you get a PPR that specifically requests it.. we have been waiting for delivery of that document for what will be 2 weeks now when we could have had the passport sent already.
RUH-ROH! We had our marriage certificate but saw that they wanted an AOM on the app so we ordered one (or at least I thought we did). It took like 6 months or more after the wedding for it to be arrive. It was on the bright green NSO paper with a stamp, etc. I am hoping that was the AOM and not just another copy of the marriage certificate. Like most of the app, I was sure I had it right at the time, but as time goes on I get less sure... :-\

Maybe I better get my wife to order another one "just in case"...

kickkass

Mar 13, 2013
Tagum-N.B. said:
DOES ANY ONE IN THE PHILIPPINES NEED THIER ADVISORY TO MARRAIGE FOR ANYTHING, OR DOES THE AVERAGE FILIPINO EVEN KNOW IT EXISTS, I THINK ITS SOMETHING MADE UP TO PRODUCE INCOME FROM FILIPINOS LEAVING THE COUNTRY

Hi buddy :) Cenomar ( cert of no marriage) is a document needed if you're applying marriage license and it also needed for 18 years old dependents to submit cenomar during sponsorship applications, AOM is for married people.. this document proves if you are single/married and how many marriages you have. :)

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
manila 20-03-2012 in process july1, 2013
IELTS Request
remeds request july11 remed complete july17-aug 1
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
kickkass said:
Hi buddy :) Cenomar ( cert of no marriage) is a document needed if you're applying marriage license and it also needed for 18 years old dependents to submit cenomar during sponsorship applications, AOM is for married people.. this document proves if you are single/married and how many marriages you have. :)
What i meant was did anyone in this forum (or thier spouse) even know what and AOM was b4 they applied for visa

chelseaviel

Dec 15, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 04, 2012
Doc's Request.
addt'l docs sent on Jan. 11 and recv'd by CEM on Jan. 14 2nd addt'l docs reqt'd on Feb 26,2013 sent on March 21 recv'd on March 22,2013
AOR Received.
July 31,2012
File Transfer...
Aug.13, 2012...in-process June 7, 2013...DM July 11, 2013
Med's Request
May 09, 2013 (remed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 31, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 03, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 19, 2013
LANDED..........
August 09, 2013
Tagum-N.B. said:
What i meant was did anyone in this forum (or thier spouse) even know what and AOM was b4 they applied for visa
Hi Tagum-N.B,

I just knew AOM when CEM requested for it together with my passport. At first I got confused between AOM and marraige contract (authenticated) so I sent my marraige contract only to find out that I sent the wrong document fortunately one forumate told me that it's different and I was able to send it before 45 days was over.

chelseaviel

Dec 15, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 04, 2012
Doc's Request.
addt'l docs sent on Jan. 11 and recv'd by CEM on Jan. 14 2nd addt'l docs reqt'd on Feb 26,2013 sent on March 21 recv'd on March 22,2013
AOR Received.
July 31,2012
File Transfer...
Aug.13, 2012...in-process June 7, 2013...DM July 11, 2013
Med's Request
May 09, 2013 (remed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 31, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 03, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 19, 2013
LANDED..........
August 09, 2013
CEM keeps on asking me for additional documents (proof of financial support, chat logs, pictures, etc...) twice already. The first letter I received from them states that they need my correct NBI with the authorized signatory coz the director has retired already so I submitted to them the new NBI with the authorized signatory along with the documents they requested and my passport. Unfortunately I done a stupid mistake on the maiden name of my mother which I wrote the maiden name of my Grandmother. I was really mixed up with all the stress from work and the whole immigration process which is sometimes inevitable to commit mistakes.. So I got my 2nd letter from them stating that they need again additional documents (proof of financial support, chat logs, pictures, etc...) together with my correct NBI...My husband called the MP and requested for GCMC notes. As per the MP upon checking on the GCMS notes they only need my correct NBI. Im just wondering why did they ask for additional documents again if they only need the NBI? anyways, I gave them what they asked for. Just few days ago the MP called my husband to ask if I send my correct NBI and my husband told her that it's already sent coz thats the only thing that keeps the papers from moving. I was just thinking how credible are the case analysts/VO that are checking our papers? Coz the MP said that they are mixed up sometimes and they sometimes lost some papers :(

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chelseaviel said:
CEM keeps on asking me for additional documents (proof of financial support, chat logs, pictures, etc...) twice already. The first letter I received from them states that they need my correct NBI with the authorized signatory coz the director has retired already so I submitted to them the new NBI with the authorized signatory along with the documents they requested and my passport. Unfortunately I done a stupid mistake on the maiden name of my mother which I wrote the maiden name of my Grandmother. I was really mixed up with all the stress from work and the whole immigration process which is sometimes inevitable to commit mistakes.. So I got my 2nd letter from them stating that they need again additional documents (proof of financial support, chat logs, pictures, etc...) together with my correct NBI...My husband called the MP and requested for GCMC notes. As per the MP upon checking on the GCMS notes they only need my correct NBI. Im just wondering why did they ask for additional documents again if they only need the NBI? anyways, I gave them what they asked for. Just few days ago the MP called my husband to ask if I send my correct NBI and my husband told her that it's already sent coz thats the only thing that keeps the papers from moving. I was just thinking how credible are the case analysts/VO that are checking our papers? Coz the MP said that they are mixed up sometimes and they sometimes lost some papers :(
Maybe cem just double checking something with your application? Since you mistakenly send them a document with a wrong information. Anyways as you said that you already sent them the right document now all you have to do is wait again.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
chelseaviel said:
I believe its because the people looking at your file are not "visa officers" but contracted clecks who may not know what they are doing.

Unhappy

Mar 29, 2013
You don't really want to talk to those people because when you find out they gave you the wrong info, you don't have any paper evidence. They do have a phone number and so far, when I was inclined to use it, I did get answers. I stumbled on the name of a supervisor and was able to use the dial by name directory though. Talk to your MP's office. People need to do that more. Maybe they will all gang up on Jason Kenney and demand he do something effective for us end users.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Unhappy said:
You don't really want to talk to those people because when you find out they gave you the wrong info, you don't have any paper evidence. They do have a phone number and so far, when I was inclined to use it, I did get answers. I stumbled on the name of a supervisor and was able to use the dial by name directory though. Talk to your MP's office. People need to do that more. Maybe they will all gang up on Jason Kenney and demand he do something effective for us end users.
I think you are right. People need to be far more demanding and far less patient.

Dan_from_Surrey

Nov 5, 2010
Surrey BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2012
Doc's Request.
Submitted with app
AOR Received.
Sponsorship approval 24-10-12
File Transfer...
24-10-12
Med's Request
Meds received 1-11-12
Med's Done....
15-08-2012 - Meds re-done 24-10-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
04-06-2013 DM 04-11-13
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-11-2013!
Ok, so what is a AOM form of paper??? God, like some others on here I am so tired of chasing damned paper work :(

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
scos said:
RUH-ROH! We had our marriage certificate but saw that they wanted an AOM on the app so we ordered one (or at least I thought we did). It took like 6 months or more after the wedding for it to be arrive. It was on the bright green NSO paper with a stamp, etc. I am hoping that was the AOM and not just another copy of the marriage certificate. Like most of the app, I was sure I had it right at the time, but as time goes on I get less sure... :-\

Maybe I better get my wife to order another one "just in case"...
We got the same thing but that is the official marriage certificate if I'm not mistaken. I asked my wife if she new what the AOM was and she had never heard of it so she will look into that on monday as well as her police clearance from Dubai. She was a resident there for just under 2 years but cancelled it when she returned to the Philippines in 2009. I missed that in her application when I reviewed it. She doesn't recall getting one and I don't recall seeing one so she will also get onto that this next week.

DaveSav

Sep 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
Doc's Request.
8/8/2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
13-03-2013
Med's Done....
07-12-2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
8/8/2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2013
LANDED..........
28-11-2013
Dan_from_Surrey said:
Ok, so what is a AOM form of paper??? God, like some others on here I am so tired of chasing damned paper work :(
An AOM - advisory of marriage is an updated CENOMAR.

Bascially after you get married just request a new CENOMAR and they will send you an AOM because your status should now show as married. You can request the CENOMAR online and it shouldn't take long.

doljan

Sep 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
mnl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 24, 2012
Doc's Request.
mar 25, 2013
Med's Done....
apr 24, 2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
mar 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
apr 8, 2013
LANDED..........
apr 22, 2013
Dan_from_Surrey said:
here is what you (or your spouse) need to do, order a cenomar (certificate of no marriage) from nso, either in the nso office or you can order it online with additional charge.
if you are married, the record that nso will give you is AOM (advisory on Marriages) showing that you are married with your wife.

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Sorry guys its out of the topic but I like to know if I need to register to NSO my marriage certificate if I got married here in Canada. I'm planning to renew my philippine passport im single back then 2009 and its expiring this 2014. What documents do I need to prepare to change my status from single to married. Btw I'm ftom Quebec I can't change my maiden name to my husbands surname so I'm keeping my maiden name. Any thoughts?