Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
Mawnin everbody

Vanny welcome

As for a TRV i have neer applied for one...but most of the ladies on here have and all BUT one lady got through.....

I noticed you said you were not married so wat are you filling with...Common law?

I am confused...As for the pregancy that will not rush your application...Time and time again that same old question has been asked ...and been proven to be not successful in any regards to the processing of ones application in KG (kingston High Commissions)

Here is a list copied and pasted from another forum families SUCCESSFUL TRV

- applied for the TRV on November 10
- hubby given the return date of today
- hubby is unemployed
- hubby does not own his home
- hubby does own a car (not mentioned anywhere)
- we put me down as his host and included a separate letter outlining how I would cover his expenses while here and included a copy of my most recent pay stub
- hubby ran into problems at the embassy the day he went in --- seems there is some 'Additional Information' form you need to include if someone is hosting you and the lady tried to send him away - FYI --- no such mention of this form on CIC site.
- hubby persevered and paid one of the diplomats $500 JDs to get him a copy of the form
- this form outlined my employment history, salary etc.
- we also included a letter from my folks talking about wanting him here with the family for the holidays
- included same type of letter from my sister and her husband emphasizing the same
- and a letter from me explaining why I wanted my husband here for the holidays (including mention that I may not be able to afford to go to JA)
- in all 3 letters we referenced the PRV application and expiration of hubby's medicals and the uncertainty of when the process would finish and that we simply wanted to be together for the holidays
- oh, and we bought a return ticket and travel insurance for the duration of his stay and included copies in the package

I think this is a wonderfull collection of details that can be submitted in a TRV applicaiton...try this out..this womans husband doesn not own his own home..i and i belive does not have a job so give it a whirl....

This preganacy thing is horrible i know just keep your slef busy and keep having the faith..

before i write whole bunch of stuffs are you sponsring him currently?

hatewaiting

Dec 1, 2009
Toronto
hey Vanny,
I recently applied for a TRV and now waiting on the process to be completed, in which we will know the decision on dec 16. Basically, I sent the TRV appl, an invitation letter stating our PRV had been in processing for 9 months and have not heard from CIC. The reasons why I wanted him here, such as our 1st yr anniversary, n reasons why I’m not able to go there…such as I’ve exhausted my vacation time with my employer, unable to take my son outta school...its expensive for my son n I..As it’s an extra ticket cost. Blah blah (make it up as u go along) with that I sent a job letter, 2 most recent copies of my pay stub and a letter from my momma saying she wants her son-in-law here for the festive holiday season.. .(don’t know if that will make a difference). Also, with what I sent, he included a letter he received from his JP (who is also his uncle) speaking about his character (again, don’t know if it makes a difference) his land title, blue print from his house, USD bank statement, CND bank statement, JMD bank statement. He has his own business, so he sent his business certi and ownership for all 4 of his vehicles… 3 of which are being used for taxi operation, he also sent the paper work he received from Jamaica taxi association. And that was all….so now we WAIT ???
Last yr he applied, providing pretty much the same documents except for the CND and USD statements, n he was denied. They said he didn’t have enough MONEY…lol…the IO there are nuts!!! It’s all with LUCK…

Vanny said:
So we are sending another request for a TRV- with detailed explanation , letter from my doctor, letter from CIC and some other documents, but I don't know what else I could say to them. Or do you guys think it wouldn't go through anyway since it was denied before?

The situation has changed from the last TRV app request
I just need him to help me out a bit as I don't have family members here to help me with that type of request.
If you guys have time, let me know what you think. thanksss a lot
Vannesa

hatewaiting

Dec 1, 2009
Toronto
hey missing,
i was in JA last xmas n new yrs...it was NICE but not as festive as it is here...not as much xmas lights n tress n presents..fi 2 nights straight di current did gone to ra$$ so di place did dark so till...lol..but apart fr that, there is plenty to do..then again it all depends on where in JA you'll be. lots of hype abt STINK which will b in kingston, i'm not sure of the date though..some of my friends are going down specifically for that. there's GRAND MARKET the day before xmas. thats much like carribana without the floats and costumes...its on the streets so its FREE, its a hype crowd..and i really mean CROWD...all kinds of ppl- young, old, thief, pick pockets, and ppl just trying to have a good time...alot of half naked grls n young men loving it. :) plenty of different sound systems and street vendors...if u like anything JERK thats the place to be. ;) it goes on all night. Last yr my friends got home at 8 in the am. that event was the highlight off their trip. if u like crowd, parties and loud music u will like it. ;) if all else fails there's alwayz CHURCH.. :) there's one at every corner..lol..

missingmyhubby said:
Has anyone ever spent xmas or new years in JA.....just trying to figure out what i should expect?

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
hey haitwaitng wah gwaan my girl....

Why you do that...talk about all those things round christmas mi miss sooooo much...Grandmarket nightman oh man ...those were the days :( :(

How you doin anyways... i wish you luck with the TRV ....my god i hope him get it

Anyways TGIF.........boring day today rounda yah ::)

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
Morning everybody!

Well I am taking a half day today. Lord me no stop skip put pon the people dem work....lol

Hubby thinks I am working all day so I am surprising him by going home early. ;)

Only have 3 full days left with him.

Missingmyboo: Did your ecas update to say Medical received?

Well Its friday everybody. Another week gone by which brings us a step closer to the end of our journey. Enjoy your weekend!

hatewaiting

Dec 1, 2009
Toronto
hey Lonely mi grl...mi dey yah...a stress mi self... mi nuh know if mi a go or a come!!! mi just caan wait fi wedn..on a normal day mi woulda glad sey a fri...but mi just wish if we could skip dis wknd so dat Wedn hurry up n come..lol..know what i mean?!?! if him nuh get thru on wedn den mi haffi do spend all dat $$$ fi go down...a so life set up still...
u start shopping fr x mas yet? i finally started shopping today...my 8yr old son wants a Labtop, cell phone (specifically the iphone), DSI, games for his Wii and the list gones on. like what the KCUF, dude ur only 8...i dont even have a labtop n his a$$ is alwayz home what the LLEH he need a cell phone for...lol..from the long list he gave me i only got him the DSI...n that TIHS cost mi 200$ with tax...mi memba when i was 8 in JA i never got a xmas or b-day present..lol...kids in CA r so lucky..lol..

anyone else with children wanting super expensive gifts??!?!

lonelycanadianwifey said:
hey haitwaitng wah gwaan my girl....

Why you do that...talk about all those things round christmas mi miss sooooo much...Grandmarket nightman oh man ...those were the days :( :(

How you doin anyways... i wish you luck with the TRV ....my god i hope him get it

Anyways TGIF.........boring day today rounda yah ::)

stressedwife

Star Member
Nov 26, 2009
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
14-12-2009
AOR Received.
27-10-2009
hatewaiting....2 questions
have your hubby left the country before? cant remember
and did your aor have a b#?

question for the forum....who here has a b# on their aor...and who doesnt....just want to know...mine has no B#...
thank you

Helpmeplease

Star Member
Dec 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stressedwife...you made me feel a whole lot better about the B# lol my husband says there is none on his aor..he has made a copy and mailed it to me but have yet to receive it...I'm not sure why some would have one and why some wouldn't...

I also wonder why some ppl get the ecas update medical received and some don't? I did not get that update yet just says in processe we received the application...

hatewaiting

Dec 1, 2009
Toronto
stress...hubby has never left the country before....my AOR does have a B#....it looks like a label with a bar code thats glued at the top left side of the paper beneath the CIC address. right above the bar code it has some #s... the #s are not close together..this is the format
B #### #### #

stressedwife said:
hatewaiting....2 questions
have your hubby left the country before? cant remember
and did your aor have a b#?

question for the forum....who here has a b# on their aor...and who doesnt....just want to know...mine has no B#...
thank you

hatewaiting

Dec 1, 2009
Toronto
hey Helpmeplease
when u log into ecas if u click on
in process
then click on
•Application for Permanent Residence Outside Canada
somewhere on that page it should say:
Medical Results Received by CIC
We have received your medical results. We will contact you only if additional tests are needed

let me know if it works...

Helpmeplease said:
stressedwife...you made me feel a whole lot better about the B# lol my husband says there is none on his aor..he has made a copy and mailed it to me but have yet to receive it...I'm not sure why some would have one and why some wouldn't...

I also wonder why some ppl get the ecas update medical received and some don't? I did not get that update yet just says in processe we received the application...

homesoon

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When ours was updated online it stated application in process as of October 28, 2009 and under that line it read medical results received.
The problem is - there's no standardization at all. It seems that each IO and each case is treated differently.
Just look at the fact that my update happend months ago and still no AOR - and then some never got an update online but got an AOR.

So now I just figure - why worry. It's clear that it's 100% out of my control ... but it would be great to get an update ;

Sassy - how are things going with you guys? Any updates as of late? How's hubby holding up down there.

Vanny

Dec 10, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
AOR Received.
18-12-2009
File Transfer...
27-11-2009
Med's Request
?? pending med redo req
Med's Done....
9-10-2009//
Interview........
03-02-2011,Denied///ADR, appeal won Sept 7th 2011
Passport Req..
Dec 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2012
LANDED..........
02-02-2012
Hey ladies,
thanks for the replies, I appreciate it.
I mailed the TRV application to jamaica today, see what happens.
stressed wife, sorry about the burned down post office lol
missingmyhubby, sorry to hear about your difficult delivery , but i am glad you're alright and your little is one is too.
lonelycdnwife: thanks for the list, it was very helpful, i added a few more things-keeping fingers crossed. I did apply for sponsorship back in October, it's in jamaica right now sitting on someone's desk collecting dust haha
hate waiting: holy! you sent it lots of things, maybe he should get a letter from a JP as well. i hope you get good news on Dec 16, keeping fingers crossed!!! he had sent a request back in september it was denied as well for reason of traveling and financial assets lol
They seems to like to tick that one off on the denial form ($$). :mad: hehhe
we'll see ::)

sassy75

Star Member
Nov 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-02-2009
Med's Request
03-12-2009
Med's Done....
15-10-2008
Passport Req..
03-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2010
LANDED..........
19-05-2010
Hi there homesoon,
Same old over here. Hubby is stressed out. You know how it is....holidays are coming close and he is alone there. Right now we can't afford to go so unfortunately there is nothing we can do right now. :(
I called my MP as I was expecting her to follow up this month only to find out that she is on holidays for the month of December. :-[
I guess the wait continues. Have you asked your MP to assist you as yet?

Canuck is probably enjoying the heat right now as we in Canada are freezing!!! I'm in Toronto and boy, that wind is terrible. Hope everyone has a great weekend ;)

homesoon said:
When ours was updated online it stated application in process as of October 28, 2009 and under that line it read medical results received.
The problem is - there's no standardization at all. It seems that each IO and each case is treated differently.
Just look at the fact that my update happend months ago and still no AOR - and then some never got an update online but got an AOR.

So now I just figure - why worry. It's clear that it's 100% out of my control ... but it would be great to get an update ;

Sassy - how are things going with you guys? Any updates as of late? How's hubby holding up down there.

hatewaiting

Dec 1, 2009
Toronto
honestly, i really dont think it matters if we receive the AOR or not. I recd mine shortly after KNG recd the file, but it made no difference. there's nothing you can do with it. i'm sure its comforting knowing that you have one, but whats the difference if you still have to wait?? when you use the B# to log into ecas it gives the same info as your ID #. have no worries. just know that they're working on your files behind the scene....well, we hope....

sassy75

Star Member
Nov 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-02-2009
Med's Request
03-12-2009
Med's Done....
15-10-2008
Passport Req..
03-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2010
LANDED..........
19-05-2010
Good Afternoon all...

So to all of my ARC peeps....I got some bad news... I wanted to investigate it though before I posted it...
Regarless of whether or not your spouse paid for thier own ticket when they left, they may still need to pay the deportation recovery costs if CIC requests it. For deportations to Jamaica the fee is $1500 on top of the $400 for the ARC fee. :eek:

I read the old forum on the ARC thread and this has happened in the past. I also called CIC to ask them if and when the time came for my husband to pay his ARC fee would he need to pay this $1500 fee also.....they said YES!!!!

So start saving your pennies just in case :mad: