Kingston,Jamaica

homesoon

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kc you're too funny. reading the stories just makes me laugh. It takes me a little longer because of the language ... but once I get it - it's too funny.
Remember, I've lived with a Jamaican for 14 years, together for 17. So although Canadian thru and thru - your stories are something I can relate to!

And you guys are right about the patience - the updates for others are great, not discouraging. All of our time will come... and then we'll all be walking around looking for our slippers & cussin our phone bills!!!

Night to all and praying for more updates from JA tomorrow.

homesoon

stressedwife

Star Member
Nov 26, 2009
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
14-12-2009
AOR Received.
27-10-2009
Hi my forum family...lawd been few days...
soso- check your junk box cuz i emailed you my addresss..lol...at bin laden...mi ago add you man....
hey did you see kartel amnd movadoo peace at jamboreee.....gullly and gaza unite..hear dat lonely....

KC- THANKS HUN DEM TEAFIN DOCTORS DEH TRUSS ME...I JUST HAVE TO WAIT NUNNE I CAN DO..
i dont know where i fall on the list...i have aor...request originals....and medical redo sent out...mi nuh know

lonely and kc- mi ahhh dead wid laff with all the jokes...lonely ah nuh di ganja dem goat deh seh bare tingss....meeeeeyyyyyyy....maaaaaahhhhh...all day long....lmao..u r jokes.....
kc tell hubby fi spit it off the balconey..lol at apple seeds on ground hahahahahhahaha....these are good stories for life....

soso- we have sush snow..like rain ah wet up everyting suh you and hubby will be having slush fight....what flavour?lol.......hail up huby fi mi....

stressedwife

Star Member
Nov 26, 2009
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
14-12-2009
AOR Received.
27-10-2009
anxious yuh soon get your bam bam...
jamwifey congrats girl....aor deh bout...see you got a b#.....i wonder why some dont have and some do.....maybe ones without nah get tru quick...lawd....

glo me and your timeline is very close...dont worry girl dem soon call your hubby...hang in there
canuck enjoy your big day....
not sure who post crazy had her baby...but as always crazy is lying her arse(kc) off...lol...cuz if i had a baby i would not be online so quick.....lawd she sick....
everyone else big up and the wait continues...lawd i am looking for new job...anyone can help me ....i will be appreciated.....
snow not making me happy..my car kept slipping all day...gotta get mmy snow tires

stressedwife

Star Member
Nov 26, 2009
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
14-12-2009
AOR Received.
27-10-2009
anyone heard from FF?....

frequent_flyer

Star Member
Nov 28, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2009
File Transfer...
21-04-2009
LANDED..........
11-11-2009
WHAT'S UP MI FORUM FAMILY....MI DEH YAH

Whats up Stressed...girl i am here...as i mentioned home computer was not connecting to the net for 1 wk straight dats why uno nah hear me and i try not to go on too much when i am at work....any ways i am good. Hubby is good too....finally got to experience snow for the first time. Got dressed early this morning and went out side fe see wah gwann....run back inside inna no time and seh out side "dreadful"....him nuh see nuttin yet...lol

KC - no PR card yet, looking for it in the coming week.
Jam.....u have to make use of the few days you have left with hubby....so mek sure the BAM BAMdem extra special
Soso...u a walk good yet?
LCW......a wah you an KC a bun mek uno a hear goat talk....me know goat say bahh or beeh....lol...y'all bunning some different trees....lol

Canuck i imagine you have landed in JA by now and i imagine you trying to get sort out...but just wanted to wish you all the best for your up coming wedding...mek sure you have a good handkerchief cause you ago sweat...hope every detail is as perfect as u plan and no douby Mrs Canuck is going to look stunning

frequent_flyer

Star Member
Nov 28, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2009
File Transfer...
21-04-2009
LANDED..........
11-11-2009
cont'd

stressed i hear you bout the story....i read it....gotta say its so mello dramatic.....but hey maybe she is a writer...lol

everyone else...BIG UP EVERYTIME....

Soso-2-di-whurlll

Nov 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Morning everyone... Blessed cold day in deed...
Big up everyone...
LCW and KC, pure jokes a Gwan yesterday....lol... I sear mi hear a goat tell mi HIM LOVE ME ONE DAY in the yard,....... and mi tell hubbi seh.. the goat dem love soso

Dem say mmmmeeee maaaa... sooooooo soooo... LUVVVVVV UUUUUUUUUUU
LOL..... him a fall down pon di ground him laugh so hard....

Stressed......... YES,,,, mi just check my hotmail and mi see yuh request.. so when mi get home mi accept it .....yes... it's about time.. you are harder to get a hold of than the president.... LOL

Mi nah see the jamboree ting.. but mi gonna you tube it tonight fuh real..

Last night Mi show hubby the Ross Kemp documentary on Gangs in Jamaica. If you have not seen it.... check it out..... really good... !

Got him some boots yesterday and him love the SNOW... BAD, can you believe it... mi shocked when mi hear it come out of his mouth.... him seh soso, yuh a born here and mi a hear yuh wine about da cold more dan mi...HIm sey... it not DAT bad SOSO... LOLLLLL......... Just wait babes....... lol

Just like the rest of the hubby dem....mine is also a clean freak....
Can you believe when I got home the entire driveway was shoveled... and when mi say shoveled,,, not a glimmer or snowflake on da WHOLE DRIVEWAY...... and mi hear him seh to my son last night that he bought my X-mas present..... How in the rass him a do dat... when him have no money.... must have been my friend or something..LOL

LOL....... AT boiling water... mi nuh learn yet ROSIE..... and broke mi broke from the winter gear mi haffi buy hubby.... jacket... boots.... style nuh cheap.... LOL

iambless

Star Member
Dec 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/06/2010
Doc's Request.
11/11/2010
AOR Received.
11/08/2010
File Transfer...
14/07/2010
Med's Request
25/05/2011
Med's Done....
01/03/2010
Interview........
25/05/2011
Passport Req..
08/09/2011
Hi kc,

I have been on a visitor's visa for 1 year now. I got an extension. My husband is a citizen. If my daughter left jamaica when she was 12 years does she still need a police record from jamaica. Do you know long before i will get the police record if i apply for it in January (both for Jamaica and here). I am planning on going back in August next year.

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Soso - wha gwan, maybe hubby made some change shovelling peoples driveways... you should send him round the block if him love so much. LOL. keep him busy.

That is so good that he loves the snow and that he isnt complaning - what a good guy, now if i can only get mine to quit complaning - this morning he is in the shower and starts yelling to me to bring him a blanket... he couldnt even get out the shower him say it was too cold in the bathroom so he wrapped himself in a blanket and then stepped out of the shower... jokes!

Glad things are going well..... oh, and girl you must be something real special for the goats to be loving u off too... u got it goin on !

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
iambless said:
Hi kc,

I have been on a visitor's visa for 1 year now. I got an extension. My husband is a citizen. If my daughter left jamaica when she was 12 years does she still need a police record from jamaica. Do you know long before i will get the police record if i apply for it in January (both for Jamaica and here). I am planning on going back in August next year.
iambless, You will need to get a police check in Canada and in Jamaica.

How or where do I obtain one?

If you live in Jamaica

You must apply in person at this address:

Ministry of National Security
Mutual Life Building - North Tower
2 Oxford Road, Ground Floor
Kingston 5
Jamaica

For your application, you will need:

your valid passport
two identical passport-size photographs
pay the applicable fees. Fees are $1000JMD (normal service) or $2000JMD (express 1 week service). Note that Fees are subject to change.
You will be issued a receipt, which you must then bring to:

The Criminal Records Office
Police Certificate Section
34 Duke Street, Kingston
Jamaica

Note: For your application, you may be required to submit fingerprints. If so, follow these instructions:

Go to the police station closest to where you live.
Bring a valid passport.
Request that your fingerprints be taken on the prescribed Jamaican Police form.
Advise the police officer that the fingerprints are required for immigration purposes.
The police officer will affix the Police Station's stamp and seal to the form on which the fingerprints are taken and return it to you.

If you live outside Jamaica - Non Resident

You may apply in person or ask a representative to act on your behalf in Jamaica.
To obtain a police certificate, you or your representative can submit your application to:

Assistant Commissioner of Police
Criminal Investigation Branch
East Queen St.
P.O. Box 462
Kingston, Jamaica
Include with your application:

If you are applying from Canada, submit your complete mailing address in Canada so that the police certificate may be mailed directly to you.
Two photographs
The applicable fees in the form of a manager cheque or a bank draft. Fees are $1000JMD (normal service) or $2000JMD (express 1 week service). Note that fees are subject to change.

Other people on this thread have gotten a police check for their husband for Canada - they will be able to help you out with that information.

Your Daughter will have to get a police check in England because she is over the age of 18, I dont think she will have to get one in Jamaica since she moved away from JA when she was 12 but just to be sure you can always follow the same procedure for yourself for her.... if she doesnt need it its only a loss of JA dollars, if she does need it and she hadnt got it done then this could add some time on to your package.

Your daughter can also go to a DMP in England and get her medical done

You can also check out this website

http://www.canadavisa.com/canadian-immigration-police-clearance.html#J

The only part that throws me off is that it says for non- residents of Jamaica this is how you apply for a police check but you are concidered a resident of Jamaica.

I will look into this more.

I am not sure how long it takes but I would assume at least a couple of weeks min.

Soso-2-di-whurlll

Nov 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LOLLLLLL

Did the blanket not get wet...... LOL....... Where was the towel.... LOL
That is too funny.

Good idea bout the snow removal..... Just had a master genius idea come to my head.... LOL... Dolla- la- laz

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
hahahah..lol...click deh link ....KC as we all know anting is possible.hehe....BUT him cyaaan feel no weh

IT all in good fun mi tell mi hussy fi suck it up.....all deh time when him was dehya.......sweat we sweat inna JA an bun up wi skin..... an freeze we freeze inna canada bwoooooooooy it nuh nuttin.....Lyrically talented here....watch outttttttttttt

Afternoon all Forum Family Bless.........IT Cold nuh RASS outta door tiday ...bwooooooy......LOL Miss SoSo pan deh shovel bwoy..hehe niceness.

So weh deh RASS UPDATE dem.......holiday soon start fly mon..

Okay everyone have a nice eva day mi a check back in lata zeen

missingmyhubby

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-04-15
Doc's Request.
2009-09-08
AOR Received.
2009-09-21
File Transfer...
2009-05-04
Med's Request
2010-02-25
Med's Done....
2010-03-04
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
2010-05-20
KC, lonely and soso...love love love the stories ;D

Lonely...you had me crying with the goat story, as i was reading it i thought maybe it was your hubby playing a joke on you, then when i got to the goat part i nearly fell off my chair with laughter, i loved it!

Has anyone ever spent xmas or new years in JA.....just trying to figure out what i should expect?

looks like another quiet week with the exception of JAMWIFEY's good news regarding AOR....come on KG get moving!

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
lonley - any help for iambless? just incase i am missing something?

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
Hello Everybody!

Hope you all are doing good.

Frequent: Yes its the last of the BAMBAM so me have to put little extra niceness in it...lol. Bwoy me ago miss it.

SOANXIOUS: Only 3 more sleeps. Then you will have your hubby. Cheer up!

Bless up everybody and stay smiling. Its almost christmas. :-\

By the way I get vacation in 6 days!!! ;D