+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

howmuchlonger

Dec 21, 2009
Highlyfavoured - I believe the form is DS-156 to print it off and DS -160 for online. the link to do it online is :

http://evisaforms.state.gov/

kmc

Star Member
Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
Doc's Request.
june2010
AOR Received.
may 2010
Med's Done....
nov 2009
Morning room

God is good

@ iambless
Funny i got my aor for rprf july 14 also

@nae nae
Blesss all 3 of us in the sametimeline

Does this now mean i should hold off on going for our 1st annivesary aug 22?

Bless up forum family

HighlyFavoured

Jan 26, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
Doc's Request.
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
Thanks Howmuchlonger! :D

Good morning everyone!! Be blessed & stay blessed! ;D

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
good morning forum family!!!! ;D

lcw - congrats on the new house!!! that's exciting news! and about St. Lucia, my co-worker went there, he said it's the best island he's been too....loved it!! said it's so lush and green, beautiful island and highly recommends it! have fun girl!

HF - just curious and since you mentioned it....what is the process you have to go through for hubby to get into the USA? I'm curious because I always cross border shop lol and would love to take hubby but from what I understand they need a Visa to cross. Also my hubby has a friend that's leaving to go to Louisiana and we'd love to visit him sometime. This is pre-mature for me to be asking but just wondered what the process was so we are prepared for the future. Besides, shouldn't everyone experience at least 1 Mardis Gras in New Orleans? I have and loved it!!! wouldn't mind doing it again!!

canuck - you always make me laugh....keep the jokes and humour coming!!! my hubby loves the rain for the same reason...although he refers to it as Spartacus instead of bam bam bam lol yeah, he loved that series ....lots of bam bam bam going on lol

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Hey room,

Hope all is well ... I been in and about checking things out as usual.

Big ups to all you and to those who have heard some news. Remember, any news from CIC is good news ..LOL

Well, I am here counting down the weeks before my interview in September and have been working my rass away on these interview questions and gathering evidence to show rship is ongoing and genuine. CIC hasn't sent the interview letter yet stating what I should bring but I am definitely working on gathering as much proof right now.

Big ups to all of you forum family members, you all know who you are :)

Nae-Nae, I dislike your post about St.Lucia .... why must you only share those thoughts now, the time after I already booked my ticket and accommodation for Barbados in two week? When my partner and I were looking into places to go, I was really considering St. Lucia but we thought BGI would be more convenient because flying from GEO to St. Lucia was an extra thousand to the price.

I think we will go there next year if I am still stuck in GEO. We are looking into going to a few other island such as St. Martin, Curacao, Bonnaire and St. Lucia.

Anyway family, back to my answering these imm questions and working on my long arse paper work of evidence. WE have only 1 week to print pictures and gather all hard evidence I have at my home in Canada before partner leaves to meet me in Barbados.

Enjoy the trip LCW and to whom ever is vacaying this time of the year.

Peace out all :)

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
Afternoon... ;D

Thanks everyone for all your warm wishes..My sister in law from JA and her husband are meeting up with us at the resort ....So we are pretty excited ...we got a good deal on these tickets and well i told my sister in law and she jumped jumped jumped at it...So we get to see them ...We are packing a shit load of things for the girls back in JA ...And well we have the room cause we aint going past 3 days so we thought we would take advantage of it...1 suitcase for both a we and 1 suitcase for the kids..Sounds good to me....

We drove past our new house and its really nice there the neighbourhood ...very quiet and modern ...Kids riding on their bikes and the man of the house cutting and watering the grass...Hubby wanted to move to the country ...I just had to ignore ignore ignore ...LOL....I cannot move right out in the BUSH ...Its not like BUSH in JA...Its way different ...I dont think he believes me ...I said to him get framiliar with the term REDNECK!!! Please please please ...hahahahahahha...

Lard!! anyways all in all i have heard quite alot of nice things about st lucia ...so we are really excited ..I honestly hope i dont get drunk off my RASS and miss the whole 3 days ...i pray i have sense after the first 5 drinks hehehe!!

Well nae nae i havent done this as yet but you have to call a 1-800 number where you pay so much a minute and i am not sure how long you stay on but once that is over and there is a appointment made and you go in with PP and pay a 100 dollars fee and i am assuming you get the visa ...We are planning on doing this very soon my father in law who is passed away has property in the states and it need to be claimed so we are going there to do this soon..

ANyways peeps not doing to much today but surely enjoying my last fews days of time off...But what a way to end my time off with a vacation ...Looooookk out!!

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
confused - sorry you "disliked" my post .... I'm not a mind reader and you didn't consult with me before you booked nor did you invite me so what's a girl supposed to do? ;D shoot, wish I was a mind reader cause then I could tell everyone what's going on with their files. If it's any comfort to you, I've heard from other friends that Barbados is also lovely, the people are friendly, it's just very expensive. One of my prior neighbours retired and moved there she loved it so much. Nothing but positive reports about Barbados too!

lcw - thanks for the info....and have a drink for all of us!!! enjoy the new surroundings and family time

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
you ROXXX nae-nae .... do we need to get that crystal ball out or what? :p

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
Hello everybody.

Hope you all good.

LCW: Congrats on the house purchase. Sounds great. And have fun on your Vacay.

Hubby and I are looking at Barbados sometime in December. Its either that or Starfish(think its breezes now) for a week and this time we are taking the little one with us. She is too excited for that and counting down the days.

Wow this week flew by fast.

Canuck: Don't even mention rain. I am hating it right now. This baby making weather is killin me!

Everybody bless up and keep smiling.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Jamwifey, the prices for December to go to BGI are sky rocketing ..... I booked my trip through expedia.ca ... if you find a better site please do share .... I was looking into going to another island in January but the prices are backing us down man ....

The same package I booked to go to BGI a few months ago for August went up right after to a few hundred bucks more ... total rip off so I was glad we decided to book early ....

I will be sure to share my BGI experience when I get back in 3 or 4 weeks from today :D

VirtuousWoman

Star Member
May 28, 2010
Good Evening Fam!

I trust you all are doing well! God is Good all the time!! :) :)

Congratulations to kenswife!! God is able and has worked speedily on your behalf!! Bless God! I am happy for you!

Congratulations to you as well iambless! Time soon come!!

HF, Miracle, kmc, sheraig, nae, missing, jammy, kimore, chelley, soanxious, anxious...all the newbies and the oldies ;) BLESSINGS!!!

My Jesus is sweet, sweet, sweet! More victories to come! ;D

rosemel

Nov 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2009
AOR Received.
16-11-2009
File Transfer...
28-07-2009
Med's Request
26-10-2010
Med's Done....
28-10-2010
Interview........
26-10-2010
Passport Req..
07-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2010
Hello Forum :D

Congratulations to LCW...wow..life is good house & vacation, have fun :p :p!!!!

Congratulations to all the updates too....glad to see KG is still doing something. We have 53 more days to wait!!! I must admit the time is going rather fast...thank god!!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend and keep the updates coming!!! :D

kenswife

Star Member
May 17, 2010
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

So i just called my hubby his phone was off all day when he dropped off his passport they returned the old passport pictures we took at the mall last christmas because they had a stamp on the back and the KG wanted the back to be blank, also the IO told him to come back in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!! KG is working fast fast fast

Thanks again everyone for the congrats!!!!

LCW- enjoy urself to the max in st lucia, st lucia is beautiful!!!!!! good luck with the big move.

Kenswife

VirtuousWoman

Star Member
May 28, 2010
Wow! Congrats kenswife!!!!

God is Good!!!! KG is really working hard! Hubby will be home for good soon!! CONGRATULATIONS! ;D

LCW, have a wonderful trip!

Angella

Star Member
Mar 22, 2010
North York ONT
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2009
File Transfer...
07-11-2009 KGN Rec'vd July 30 2009
Passport Req..
9/06/2010
LANDED..........
10/18/2010
:) :) :)CONGRATS TO KENSWIFE!!!!!!!

MORE GOOD NEWS KG, ME MYSELF JUST WAITING TO HEAR BACK SINCE HUBBY DROPPED OFF THE MED AND POLICE REDO, Found out anyone who did their police records before june of last this year cannot recall the immediate date will have to re-do their police records no matter what.

Fraud Squad investigators are currently probing the operations of Medley Development Corporation, a self-styled employment agency, which allegedly fleeced victims of millions of dollars.

The Ministry of Labour and Social Security alerted the Fraud Squad after the matter was brought to its attention by job applicants who had grown anxious about their prospects.

Some of these victims had paid as much as $40,000 for a range of fees, some in U.S. dollars, before they became suspicious and started asking questions.

Ministry officials and the police recently visited the company and seized its books.

Wooed by ad

The sequence of events started with the placement of a newspaper advertisement by a company bearing the name Medley Development Corporation, with a local address at 89 East Street. This address, ironically, is situated just a few chains from the Labour Ministry's employment recruitment centre at 110-114 East Street.

Several persons from southern St. Elizabeth responded to the advertisement and were promised jobs in a wide range of occupations in various states in the U.S. They subsequently met with the 'recruiters' in Black River and immediately began a series of payments.

Payment for airfares

These payments were for application fees, processing fees, work permits, police records, U.S. visa applications, and identification cards.

It was only when the job applicants were asked to pay the company up to $39,000 for their air fares, even before they had received the requisite visas, that some of them began second-guessing their earlier decisions.

"In the first it sounded very good, but in the end it didn't sound so good at all, because they wanted us to pay the air fare before we got the visa, so I got suspicious," explained Dennis Henry.

Had they exercised due vigilance earlier, the job seekers might have uncovered several points of concern.

One U.S. address given by the company turned out to be the office of the Jamaican Embassy in Washington, D.C.; so was the telephone number.

Two names given in association with that address were unknown to embassy staff, according to Derrick Scott, information attachat the embassy.

"We have no record of either of these gentlemen being employed at the embassy and the names are not known at all. The embassy will be carrying out its own investigations into the matter," Mr. Scott promised.

"Our officers investigated the company and were convinced that the employment agency had not complied with the requirements of the law," Alvin McIntosh, Permanent Secretary in the Labour Ministry, told The Gleaner. These conditions fall under the Employment Agencies and Regulation Act.

Given the pattern of activities and addresses used by the suspect company, the Permanent Secretary believes a deliberate strategy was employed to mislead the public into believing that it was aligned with the Government.

"This might serve to undermine the credibility of the Government's own programmes and we have to do everything to preserve the integrity of these programmes," he said.

When The Gleaner visited the East Street address of the company, an employee of another firm at the premises confirmed that Medley Development Corporation had been there for a brief period but had recently closed down.

Just thought I'd share, you all probably aware of this SCAM, if its not hard enough for us to get our other halfs up here, can you Imagine!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Dis juss piss me the $%%^^&^ off! Truss me

Just venting cause when my hubby had to do his police redo he had to be there at 4am and him no get thru until 2pm cause dem let in 300 persons a time everything a go change up in dis ya IMM matter and me pissed off bout it right now...CHO!!!!

:( :( :mad: :mad: