+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

kenswife

Star Member
May 17, 2010
??? ??? ??? ???UPDATE :)UPDATE :)UPDATE ??? ??? ??? ??? ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D

My hubby is here with me now on vacation since july 5th kg just called him on his cell and they want him to drop off his passport and 4 pictures thursday THIS THIS THURSDAY OMG ok i have to go and rebook his flight im so nervous!!!!!!

Kenswife

iambless

Star Member
Dec 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/06/2010
Doc's Request.
11/11/2010
AOR Received.
11/08/2010
File Transfer...
14/07/2010
Med's Request
25/05/2011
Med's Done....
01/03/2010
Interview........
25/05/2011
Passport Req..
08/09/2011
Hi everyone

I called immigration office in Mississauga and they said that my application has been sent to KG office on July 14. So I guess the real waiting begins.

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
kenswife - wow! that's awesome!!! but a bit of a jam for you...but the good news is he will be coming back in no time! congrats!!

iambless - that's good news. we are on approximately the same timeline....my file was transferred to KG on Jun 28 and I believe kmc is just before us....we'll have to see if we all get through at the same time

I was just reading that the US Embassy issued a press release today stating that due to the recent discovery of fraudulent issuing of police records they are not accepting any police records before June 14/10 - all Visa applicants that submitted a police record before that date have to go back and get another one done at their own cost. I can understand that they want to be sure their police record is not fraudulent however, I don't feel they should have to pay for it again themselves! There are probably many innocent people that are not part of the fraud yet have to pay for the crimes of others. Just another cash grab!!!

I hope Canada does not follow suit!

Kimore

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2009
AOR Received.
29-01-2010
File Transfer...
10-Dec-09
Med's Request
09-Feb-2011
Med's Done....
10-11-2009
Interview........
09-Feb-2011
Kenswife congrats.

Nae, VW, LCW, HF, everyone else i hope everyone had a great day. New week started, new things to come. We are still waiting to here from KGN patience they say is a virtue. Hubby is considering contacting KGN again, i told him to just wait until the end of the month, we don't want to seem anxious or pushy, also we don't want them to tell us not to contact them for 60 days as they do to other applicants. It's just frustrating at times, people who are married should not be apart from each other. Yes i know eventually we'll be together but it just seems that we are wasting so much time apart. The times we spent apart can never be restored cause it's already gone. i am just telling myself he'll be home soon. I just thought i should share this moment. Lets continue to hold each other up in prayers, as we continue to wait for wonderful reunions. God bless you all.

Miracle_44

Star Member
Jun 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Blessings to all the wonderful people!

Kenswife: Congrats, hubby will be back with you for good the next time when he comes.

To everyone esle who are waiting for updates or trying to sort documents and gain relevant information about procedures, praying for positive and speedy results and hope that all works out smoothly. Continue to encourage each other and ask God for strength, patience, guidance and keep you in the right frame of mind, because this is indeed a stressful process! But remember nothing worth having comes easy, and God is working it out for you to have the best results. I hope that everyone is having a good week thus far and will continue to, much blessings. Nae, virtuous, HF, Missing, Maple, Jam, LCW and those not mentioned by name, I trust that all is well, be blessed!!! Hubby is off on vacation for 2wks and we will be travelling tomorrow, therefore I might be missing for a few days.

So all the best to everyone, and enjoy the rest of the week guys!!!

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
STATUS UPDATES

NAMES DATE FILED LATEST UPDATES TOTAL TIME

Sheraig(Skilled Class) Nov 07 Doc requested and Submitted
Torontogirl June 08 Husband Landed 20 months
Maple Aug 08 HUBBY LANDED 23 Months
Missingmybaby Oct 08 MED REDO AND ARC FEE REQUESTED
Sassy Nov 08 Hubby Landed 18 Months
Junor Oct 08 Husband Landed 09 months
Faithhope Nov 08 Hubby Landed 16 months
Workinprogress Nov 08 Hubby Landed 16 months
Peaceloveunity Dec 08 Hubby Landed 15 months
Mizzy Dec 08 Hubby Landed 15 months
Lonley Dec 08 Husband Landed 14 months

whydotheykeep Hubby Landed 13 Months
Peni Feb 09 Wife and Child Landed 12 Months
Hatewaiting Feb 09 Hubby Landed 16 Months
Longdistance Feb 09 Hubby Landed 12 Months
Kc416 March 09 Husband Landed 7 Months
Frequent March 09 Husband Landed 6 Months
Soso April 09 Husband Landed 7 Months
Glogirl April 09 Contacted MP
Missinghubby April 09 Hubby Landed 13 Months
Stressed May 09 Hubby Landed 12 Months
soanxiouswifey May 09 RPRF Submitted and received
Confusedandscared June 09 Interview Date set(dealing with ARC)
Rosemel June 09 Quebec Application
Interview date set-Sept 13
Homesoon(ARC) July 09 Hubby Landed 9 Months
Helpmeplease Aug 09 Hubby Landed 5 Months
Chelley Sept 09 Hubby Landed 4 Months
Missingmyboo Sept 09 AOR received
Jamwifey Oct 09 AOR received
Ash Oct 09 AOR received(Conjugal spn)
Siron Oct 09 PP REQUEST 9 MONTHS
Anxiouslyawait Nov 09 HUBBY LANDED
Kimore Nov 09 AOR received

Highlyflavoured Jan 10 HUBBY LANDED 5 Months
Angella Jan 10 MED REDO REQUEST
Miracle44 FEB 10 LANDED 3 MONTHS
Canuck Feb 10 AOR received
KMC MAR 10 RPRF submitted
Virtuous MAR 10 Doc Request
KensWife MAR 10 PP REQUEST 4 MONTHS
NaeNae MAY 10 Sponsorship approved
Iambless June 10 Sponsorship approved
LCW waiting to send app off(dependents spn)

IF I MISSED ANYONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
Congrats Kenswife and Iamblessed.

Canuck: Hopefully we will hear some news soon. You should be getting your doc request any day now.

Looks like KG still at work. Hope there are more updates this week.

kmc

Star Member
Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
Doc's Request.
june2010
AOR Received.
may 2010
Med's Done....
nov 2009
Good day room,

God is good

@ Highly
Thanks for the encouragement I could sure use some right now

@Jamwifey
I think you need to change my start day to May 4 .That is when I was approved as a sponsor,even though I mailed everything in March ,I needed a signature.I went in April and got it signed.
I think the signature part is so unfair .I lost 2 months because of it .

@ nae -nae how are things with you?

@Canuck .Any info yet my friend?

big ups to those i did not mention

have a blessed day

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
good morning everyone!

kimore - you're right and I'm glad you shared that with us! I often feel the same way. Some days it's hard and all we can do is keep busy and keep telling ourselves it's worth it and it will all be over soon. I always tell myself that in the grand scheme of things, what's 6 months compared to the rest of our lives? (or whatever time this is going to take.) if we can get through this as a couple, we can get through anything! keep your chin up kimore, your time is coming!!

kmc - things are good, how are things with you? hubby hasn't gone to the post office yet but plans to go this week to see if the AOR letter is there waiting for him. This will be interesting to see how our timelines go....you, myself and iambless are all about 1 month apart in this process. I got a little excited this morning reading jammy's updates....3 people got through in no time, 3, 4 and 5 months.....hope and pray we follow the same timelines!!! some of my family members are going to JA on October 23. They want me to come with them but I'm really hoping hubby gets his PRV before then. I've already been to JA 4 times this year and it's getting expensive!!! Not to mention I've used up all my vacation time already lol oops!!!

HF, jammy, miracle, kenswife, lcw, missing, confused, canuck, glo, rosemel, chelley, sheraig and anyone else I missed...I hope you are all having a good week so far. We already got some good news this week....let's hear some more KG!!!!

HighlyFavoured

Jan 26, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
Doc's Request.
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
Kenswife that is the most excellent news! God is truly good to us!! Amen! :D I'm telling you when my hubby got the call I was a ball of nerves and excited and wanted to cry and every other emotion! Sometimes it's like "Is this for real?!" But praise God it is! ;D

Nae, VW, Jam, Kimore , LCW, KMC, Missing, Canuck, Glo, Rosie, Chelley, Sheraig, Miracle, Maple and anyone else I may have missed.

"Mi seh mi know seh me bless! Mi seh mi know seh mi bless!" <--- Kenswife that's your song right there!

And for everyone who is still waiting:
"Things already better! Things already better! For the Lord is on my side, things already better, things already better!"

"Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning." Psalm 30:5b
Be blessed and stay blessed! :D

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
Kenswife and iambless CONGRATS!!!

WOW its definatly very encouraging for people whom are about to start the process with KG that the hope of getting through in 4,5,6 months is possible i remeber when i first signed up on the old JA forum before we moved here and i was told that 7 months was what was to hope for not so lucky cause most of we 08 09 applicants were stuck in backlogg..I am glad the system for spousal is changing and i am glad that people are getting through alot faster ...I only wish that most of we could have had the same results ...I just pray that the ones who have been waiting so long see results soon ...

Anyways things are good here ....We found a HOUSE .....Yahhhhh we are siging the papers today ...The market around here is ridiculous ..We will move in septemeber first ...I managed to get a home with 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms...NO friggen pool ...But oh well i dared to dream .....the house is valued at 275 000 but we talked them down to 260 000 ....So happy right now ....We are gunna have the space for all the kids and now its good ...But the only thing is MOrgage ...lol ....why cant that be free..hahahah

Anyways we leave for st lucia on friday night ...we are only staying for 3 days But i am soo excited ...I told him i would have rather gone to JA to see my granny ...YAHHHH....but hell we have been dealing with JA and this BS for years we need a change ...So off we go to St lucia ..

So mi nuh kno wah gwaan inna St lucia BUT we are gunna make the best if it ...BAM BAM BAM BAM for me ..hahahaha

Pool drunkin epsiodes and lots of bam bam so mi dunn ready fi dat ...

Hope sintin gwaan more round yah ...

All i can see is my hubby just chillin and some regular st lucian try fi chat to him and mi husband a seh wah ...wah?? wah ?? who yuh a chat too?? same thing happened the other day a guy from guyana try to chat to him inna guanese or what ever and mi husband just stood deh deh and a make up him face ...Bwoy mi never laugh so hard!! Island mon always think say every island mon chat same way ...NOOOO SAH!! A funny ting dat!! Mi kno seh most people nuh dunse nuh rass like like dat yah mnon but trus mi i couldnt beleive ...heheh

Bless

Kimore

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2009
AOR Received.
29-01-2010
File Transfer...
10-Dec-09
Med's Request
09-Feb-2011
Med's Done....
10-11-2009
Interview........
09-Feb-2011
Have a fabulous time LCW, well deserved.

kenswife

Star Member
May 17, 2010
:-* :-* :-* :-* :-Thanks everyone for your positive responses and wishes and prayers :-* :-* :-* :-* :-

I dropped hubby off at the airport this morning and it was different because we were both actually excited for him to go home. the only thing now is that we booked a vacation to florida in aug and now i will prolly have to cancel his ticket.

is this really the final step they asked for 4 passport photos, his work experience from when he was 18-24yrs somehow we missed that on the application OOPS, and his passport?

will KG hurry the process if we show them evidence of our trip to florida? or the fact that they are asking for his work experience for those 5yrs delay the process another 60 days?

they called yesterday at around 430pm canadian time i answered the phone it was an unknown number and a lady asked for MR........ i started freeeakin because i knew it was them for some reason i had someone at my house at the time so he left the room to talk to the IO when he came off the phone he said i have to go to JA tommorow. I was thinking so soon. wow i said to my hubby are u ready to make an international move in 2-3 wks!!!

I dont want to get toooo excited until he has his visa in his hand i still cant believe this is real!!!!

will keep u all posted

Kenswife ;)

HighlyFavoured

Jan 26, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
Doc's Request.
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
That's wonderful, kenswife! :D It's just a matter of time.

Does anyone know the name of the form to fill out for a Permanent Resident to visit the US?

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Good day my family, nothing but silence from KG on my end but hopefully someone gets great news this week.
Congrats on the new place LCW. We are all a day closer to our loved ones. .
Hear it's raining in JA today, God only knows I would love to be sitting on the settee listening to the Bam, Bam, BamBam. Even the edge of the chair or bed would be great to be checking out the bamming, waiting for the next bout of thunder and lightning.
Oh, well. sit in the sunshine and dream about the rain I guess.
Ok Jammy and kmc, I will put myself into the naughty corner today, but a little joke before I go

A little old lady goes into the store to do some shopping. She is bewildered over the large selection of toilet paper. "Pardon me, sir," she says to the store manager, "but can you explain the differences in all these toilet papers?" "Well," he replies pointing out one brand, "this is as soft as a baby's bottom. It's $1.50 per roll."

He grabs another and says, "This is nice and soft, strong but gentle, and it's $1.00 a roll." Pointing to the bottom shelf he tells her, "We call that our No Name brand, and it's 20 cents per roll."

"Give me the No Name," she says. She comes back about a week later, seeks out the manager and says, "Hey! I've got a name for your No Name toilet paper. I call it John Wayne." "Why?" he asks. "Because it's rough, it's tough and it don't take crap from anybody!"