14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Sassy, Glo, Missing ....

Why is ARC so confusing all of a sudden? I was told at CBSA at GTEC that if you pay your for your own ticket out of Canada you will not need to pay the Cdn Govt 1500 but instead 400. Now, from what I understand is you have to spend close to $2000 to process ARC with no guarantee that it'll be approved.

I think there is a flaw in their letter/message to you guys and I think you should further look into it. On CIC's website it says exactly what the CBSA officer told me that if the Govt had to pay for your ticket you need to pay them back $ 1500 regardless of cost of ticket and the application fee of $400 totally $1900.

Different story now and I do hope you guys didn't get ripped off here because $2000 is a lot of unnecessary money to waste especially when you didn't need to spend it.

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
Nae nae...

SWIPER NO SWIPING!!! SWIPER NO SWIPING!!! SWIPER NO SWIPING!!! SWIPER NO SWIPING!!!

HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND ALL I GUESS NO NEWS TODAY BUT I AM STILL PRAYER FOR YOU GUYS !!

MAPLE NICE STORY ABOUT HUBBY I LAUGHED....

OKAY BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Miracle_44

Star Member
Jun 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HELLO AND WISHING ALL A DELIGHTFUL FRIDAY!

NAE: Happy to hear that you got confirmation of your payment being received.

ANGELLA: Be strong and of good courage, the end draw nigh! Hope that all is well with you!

VIRTUOUS: All is well my darling, and I hope the same for you! Blessings and have an enjoyable weekend!

HF, JAMWIFEY, KMC, NAE, SHERAIG, FREQUENT, GLO, MAPLE (aaww :), have sweet, you guys will have lots of time and fun moments together, GOD BLESS), KIMORE, CANUCK (LMBOl! :DYou got that right!), GLO, ROSEMEL, CONFUSED, ANXIOUS, SHERAIG, LCW, VW, KMC, HELPME, much blessings everyone, and I'm praying for more good news in the upcoming weeks for those who are still waiting to be reunited with the husband/wives and other loved ones. Wishing you all a wonderful, relaxing and fun weekend!!!!!!!

Glogirl68

Nov 27, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
confusednscared its so interesting yoy say all this. Cause when hubby his hearing in T.O they asked him "are we paying for your ticket cause if so you have to pay that fee $1500 if not then its waived." The lawyer even said the same thing. Now we can see thats taking a different turn. When I spoke to IMM awhile back when all this came to light they said if he paid his ticket and has the stub no fee. Now this was Mississauga I called, even my MP said no. BUT I think JA has different ideas. And add on the $400 and with no guantee that you are getting through. They know what a place we are in and know that we will do whatever is asked. If we would have known now what we do, then um ya pay his ticket cause either way we have to pay. He could have taken that $300 home with him. So here we are $1040 for fee and then for us add the $1500 and oya $400 if they ask now thats a chunk. Hmm how many times could I have been there and back. Where did you read that info if possiable you can guide me. I will for sure read that and maybe give them a call next week and see what they say. I need to be prepared anyway.
Wishing you all a great weekend and look forward to more good updates coming.

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
greetings all

i'm hoping to sneak a few mintues in on the computer before the boys wake up... my daughter is off for the weekend with her best friend doing fun girl stuff (i'm jealously stuck here with my icky boys! hehe) loving the house (esp since no bills have come in yet lol), loving having space to ourselves and actually have a life that is OURS... other than that no big changes here...

but i see big changes on the board!!!

ABOUT DAMN TIME MAPLE!!!!! Jeeeeeeze... opps, i mean CONGRATS.... enjoy it, you deserve it so much, your patience has been beyond a virtue.... so glad life sort out for you!

i hope everyone else's updates mean progression... KG initating some sort of request is never a bad thing, right?

i think these little people have supersonic ears, b/c i hear someone moving upstairs and i'm typing as quietly as i can... they should sleep for another 2 hours at least, no? argh!

hope everyone is having a great summer...
anyone working on another link up? tis bbq season and if anyone cares to bring a bbq we have a (smallish) deck and backyard :) lol

missingmybaby

Star Member
Dec 2, 2009
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON,JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2008
AOR Received.
16-02-2009
File Transfer...
02-12-2008
Med's Request
(redo of med /police clearance) July 14,2010
Med's Done....
15-10-2008 Submitted to Kingston August 17
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 22,2010/DROP OF PP NOVEMBER 24
Glogirl68 said:
Good afternoon all you beautiful people.
Missing, me personally would wait until I went to JA to deliver all the papers and fee. That way you know its there.
As far as we go and that 60 days. So Aug 15 is 60 days from what they emailed me. I am thinking at that time they review AGAIN and then send a letter requesting redo's and fee Another 60 days added to that lol. hmmm. So maybe years end. Maybe just maybe he will be home for christmas.
Gotta love them. 60 is there favorite number. :p
They did the letter June 29 so 60 days from that day we have to send redo of medical and police clearance that will be all done by end of this month so we plan to go to Kingston on the 11Th of August to bring the payment and all the receipt.I hope it won`t take that long :D :D its worth to pay the money than me going to Jamaica every 3 months to see my husband. ;D ;D ;D

missingmybaby

Star Member
Dec 2, 2009
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON,JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2008
AOR Received.
16-02-2009
File Transfer...
02-12-2008
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
sassy75 said:
also, missing, I sent the money to my hubby thru westurn union, then he went to the bank there and bought a Canadian money order. That is what the paper said that he received. The fees must be paid via Canadian money order. ( longdistance also did it this way, homesoons hubby had enough money in the bank there, got a canadian m/o and paid it at the embassy also)
I call immigration and they said i could buy the bank draft here and bring it when i go and call the scotiabank and ask if i buy a bank draft here if its going to be valid in jamaica they said yes so im going to buy the bank draft here for 1500 and 400 for the other one

missingmybaby

Star Member
Dec 2, 2009
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON,JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2008
AOR Received.
16-02-2009
File Transfer...
02-12-2008
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
I called Immigration last Thursday they Kingston ask for 1500 because it`s showing that Immigration and Borders pay for my husband ticket and i told them that they didn't pay for it we actually buy his ticket 2X due to the fact that zoom airline went on the bankruptcy the day before my husband flight and we didn't even get back our money so we buy one from air Canada and they said if we have the reciept just bring it to Kingston Immigration and show them the proof that we actually bought the ticket same thing what the Immigration and Border told me when i called them any how Mp telling me different story so me and my husband just decide to play safe and pay the $1500 and $400. for the ARC and just fight for it later after he get through and reach to Canada :p :p :p :p

Glogirl68

Nov 27, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there peoples. Hope everyones weekend is going great. I was looking around CIC website and wow what alot of reading. Yup I lead a boring life.lol
Missing happy to see you have things in order. Get it all submitted and pray for speed my dear.
So after reading for awhile and loosing my spot on different pages I found that with a exclusion order which hubby is out on this is what I read.
Exclusion order: A person who has been removed as a result of an exclusion order cannot return to Canada for one year unless the written permission of the CBSA is obtained.
So he was told at his hearing 1 yr out and thats what we did. I also read other parts but lost them and they said you don't need a ARC after the order of 1 yr. Sooo grasping at straws here and hopefully they can read dates and no ARC required.

For those of you who needed the ARC did you apply within the 1 yr?

missingmybaby

Star Member
Dec 2, 2009
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON,JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2008
AOR Received.
16-02-2009
File Transfer...
02-12-2008
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Glogirl68 said:
Hi there peoples. Hope everyones weekend is going great. I was looking around CIC website and wow what alot of reading. Yup I lead a boring life.lol
Missing happy to see you have things in order. Get it all submitted and pray for speed my dear.
So after reading for awhile and loosing my spot on different pages I found that with a exclusion order which hubby is out on this is what I read.
Exclusion order: A person who has been removed as a result of an exclusion order cannot return to Canada for one year unless the written permission of the CBSA is obtained.
So he was told at his hearing 1 yr out and thats what we did. I also read other parts but lost them and they said you don't need a ARC after the order of 1 yr. Sooo grasping at straws here and hopefully they can read dates and no ARC required.

For those of you who needed the ARC did you apply within the 1 yr?
They told us that he can come back to Canada within one year and one day but it`s almost 2 years now in counting and still MP said it`s a mandatory that we have to get the ARC once husband get deported the funny thing is that they put it as Deported even though husband went back on his own will (they want more money from us that`s why they did that i guess)

missingmybaby

Star Member
Dec 2, 2009
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON,JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2008
AOR Received.
16-02-2009
File Transfer...
02-12-2008
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Just Can`t wait to get this over with. And be with our husband. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
good morning forum!

chelley - nice to hear from you! glad things are going well for you guys. I'm in for a get together...It would be fun!

lol @ lcw....what does this mean? ??? SWIPER NO SWIPING!!! SWIPER NO SWIPING!!! SWIPER NO SWIPING!!! SWIPER NO SWIPING!!!

we'll be starting a new week tomorrow...come on KG, we need some good news!!!!

Glogirl68

Nov 27, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Missing did you guys wait for the full year to be up before applying to come back? Cause basically whats written in the CIC site says if you apply before the year is up you need a ARC after the year is up you don't.
Again its all coming back to $$$$$. And don't ya know we are all millionairs. ;D

HighlyFavoured

Jan 26, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
Doc's Request.
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
lol Nae it's from Dora the Explorer. :D

Good morning everyone! The forum fam is HUGE now so consider yourself counted when I say 'everyone'!

KG keep cranking out those applications - hubbies and wives need to be reunited, families need to be restored! ;D

God bless you all!

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
Mawning ...

Nae yah highly is right its from DORA the explorer...I didint know what to write so i did that ....You have no pickney so mi figet dat all now!!

Have a blessed day everyone .....