06-09-2009
File Transfer...
07-11-2009 KGN Rec'vd July 30 2009
Passport Req..
9/06/2010
LANDED..........
10/18/2010
:mad: :mad: :mad:MORE FE TELL UNNU!!!!

On Wednesday, the office that processes applications for police certificates, popularly known as the 'Fingerprinting Office', located at 34 Duke Street in downtown Kingston, experienced a crush of persons trying to renew their police records.

Many of them complained that they were being told by officials at the US Embassy that persons who had received their records before June were being asked to renew the documents.

"All now mi can't understand what a happen. Mi do mi thing the other day and now people a tell mi seh because a some fraud scheme mi have to come do over mi document, this is unfair," fumed one man.

A woman, who said she was not fully aware of what was happening, told the Observer that she heard that there was a fraud and that the embassy was moving to clamp down on it.

Police at the 'Fingerprinting Office' declined to speak definitively to the issue.

"What I can say is that some persons are being sent to renew their police certificates. As for other details, we cannot say," said one cop.

THIS GOES FOR CANADIANS AS WELL, SO EVERYONE LOOK OUT FOR POLICE REDO'S ONLY IF DONE BEFORE JUNE 2010.... They are not letting anyone proceed without this done...

:mad: :( :(

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
angella - I was afraid of that!!! and they have to pay the fee again themselves....that p's me off!!! :mad:

kmc

Star Member
Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
Doc's Request.
june2010
AOR Received.
may 2010
Med's Done....
nov 2009
morning room

god is good

@ kenswife .. conrgats wish u and hubby all the best

@ canuck...you just love the naughty corner dont you???
the rain right now is killingme..lol

question ... our spouses obviously come here landed .so how soon can they go back and how long can they stay?

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Good morning family, hope everyone is well and gonna have some fun this weekend.
kmc, I not the naughty corner I like, it's the rain in JA. I imagine we all miss that pitter patter of soft tender rain drops. Ah,
Some naughty friday humour.

A Jamaican is walking down the street with some chicken wire under his arm. His neighbor sees him and asks what he has. The guy replies, "Its chicken wire and I'm going to catch some chickens." His neighbor says, "You fool, you can't catch chickens with chicken wire." Later that night, he sees the guy walking down the street dragging 12 chickens. The next day he sees him walking down the street with some duct tape under his arm. Once again he asks what the guy is up to. The guy says he has some duct tape and he is going to catch some ducks. He replies, "You fool, you can't catch ducks with duct tape." Sure enough later that night, he sees the guy walking down the street dragging 12 ducks behind him. The next day, he sees the guy walking with something else under his arm. He asks what it is. The guy replies, "Its pussy willow." He says, "Hold on, let me get my hat."

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
kmc I believe it is ok to travel but it's probably best after receiving the PRV card

I found some information on this site http://www.canadavisa.com/canadian-immigration-faq.html

Canadian Residency Obligations
|
Canadian Permanent Residents have the right to enter and live in Canada.
Canadian Permanent Residents must meet certain residency obligations or they may lose their Permanent Resident status. Two years of "residency days" must be accumulated in every five-year period. Residency days need not be consecutive and may be accumulated inside or even outside of Canada, in the following ways:

Inside Canada:

By physical presence

Outside of Canada:

By accompanying a Canadian citizen spouse/common-law partner, or
As a child accompanying a parent, or
By employment on a full-time basis with a Canadian enterprise or the Public Service of Canada, or
By accompanying a Canadian Permanent Resident who is outside Canada and who is employed on a full-time basis by a Canadian enterprise or the Public Service of Canada, as the employee's spouse/common-law partner or child.

Prior to June 28, 2002, Canadian Permanent Residents could, in certain circumstances, obtain Returning Resident Permits that allowed the holder to remain abroad for a given length of time. Returning Resident Permits are no longer available, but any time remaining on a previously issued permit will be honoured. Moreover, days that have been spent outside of Canada under a valid Returning Resident Permit are accounted as residency days.

The calculation of residency days for a person who has been a Canadian Permanent Resident for more than five years will be limited to the five years immediately preceding the examination. Persons who have been Canadian Permanent Residents for less than five years must demonstrate that they will be able to meet the residency requirement during the five-year period immediately following their becoming a Canadian Permanent Resident.

Canadian Permanent Residents who plan to re-enter Canada by common carrier (plane, train, bus, boat) will have to show their Canadian Permanent Resident Card or Temporary Travel Document before boarding.

Glogirl68

Nov 27, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good day everyone. Hope you all are having a awesome weekend. No news here just waiting for the 60 days to be up on the 15th of Aug. Poor hubby almost lost it on friday. His cousin who works at the post office in Galloway/Waterworks called and said there is a letter here for you. He got all quiet and THEN she says its from Gloria. He was thinking it was IMM requesting meds/police. Instead of saying hey your wife sent a package its here. All thinking it was IMM and no. But some day soon I pray. Would love to have him home for his birthday and Christmas.
We start a new week and pray for good news for anyone here. Kenswife big congrats on the PP thats great.

Have great day all. :D :D

HighlyFavoured

Jan 26, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
Doc's Request.
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
Good morning everyone: VW, Nae, Kimore, KMC, Kenswife, Sheraig, Glo, Angella, Miracle, Chelley, Jammy, Rosie, LCW, Canuck, and anyone whom I missed! :D I pray that your weekend was blessed with all good things that come from above!

F.E.A.R. False Evidence Appearing Real

Psalm 27:1 "The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" ;)

God is on the move and that means that regardless of who your IO is or how slow they are and regardless of how many times they tell you to "wait 60 days" HIS will MUST be done, in YOUR life! :D Trust Him because there is NO OTHER name under heaven by which man can be saved. (Acts 4:12)

Be blessed and stay blessed! :)

kmc

Star Member
Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
Doc's Request.
june2010
AOR Received.
may 2010
Med's Done....
nov 2009
@nae nae .thanks for the info

@ canuck .rain rain rain . let it pour

@ highly .thank you for the blessings

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Good morning everyone, a new week is upon us and lets pray for some good news.
kmc, I feel the need to play in the rain all day, and all night too for that matter

A guy is walking around in a supermarket yelling, "Cris-co, Cris-co?" A store clerk says to him, "Sir, the Crisco is in Aisle Five." He says, "I'm not looking for cooking Crisco, I'm calling my wife." The clerk says, "Your wife is named Crisco'?" He says, "No, I only call her that in public." The clerk says, "What do you call her when you're home?" He says, "Lard a$$."

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
Hello everyone!!

I have a question ....

Hubby's application was sent to KG on Jun 28, he has not yet received an AOR letter. I know that some people don't actually receive one. How long should we wait to call to find out his B # ? And this may be a dumb question but we do call the High Commission in KG for that right? Can I call or does it have to be him?

I have checked my file on ecas and it says the PR application status is "Not Available" . When they update his file in their system, will it show also under my number on ecas?

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
Good morning

I am back from sunny st lucia short but sweet .....WE HAD A BLAST ...And enjoyed it man ....Diffrent culture there too ...Everyone was relle nice ...My brother in law got drunk off his ass sooo bad...I swaer my sister in law was gunna kill him..I dont think she was done with him yet ...All i know he lost his shorts and well sure as heck he wasnt wearin know damn drawers....WTF...LAst thing i wanted to see was mi breddas package BUT SO IT GOES....eww....ALL I KNOW WE ARE GOING THERE AGAIN ...IT WAS AWESOME

First day back at WORK ....YUCK!!...and man do i have some work to do ..that is what happenes when there isnt anyone to replace you ...OH WELLL....i want a timmies ...trapped in a cold fridge ..It feels like antartica in here ..Beam me up scotty

Anyways i do hope this week can bring much more good news for those waiting ....FINGERS CROSSED..

ANYWAYS i have lost touch with some of the old forum peeps...BUT I DO KNOW THERE ARE SOME THAT ARE STILL READING ...I have amazing news ....I AM PREGNANT!!!!

I went to the hospital last week for a infection WITH A KINDA CUT I HAD also a cough ...the took a pregnancy test because its proceedure ...Then that same day drawed blood...I left the hospital...Now monday during the day they left a message on my answering machine i was pregnant ...Got it last night ...after getting home...I callled to confirm ....ITS TRUE!!

We are pregnant ...with our 2nd child together...I am soooooooooooooooooooooo HAPPY...wASNT EXPECTING THAT ONE

So i thought i would let you all know ....Hopefully everything goes smooth i am about 1 month along ...

Take care everyone ...AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL FOR YOUR STREGNTH

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
awww CONGRATULATIONS lcw!!!! that's fantastic news!!!!

HighlyFavoured

Jan 26, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
Doc's Request.
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
Congratulatiosn LCW!!!! That's wonderful news!! :D

James 1:17 says "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." Amen & Amen.

I'm happy for you and your hubby. Looks like the house is going to come right on time! :)

How is hubby doing with the news? Have you told all the family yet or just bit and pieces?

Maple Syrup

Nov 26, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 1, 2008
AOR Received.
November 14, 2008
File Transfer...
September 15, 2008
Med's Request
March 3, 2010
Med's Done....
July 14, 2008 & April 19, 2010
Interview........
September 28, 2009 & June 11, 2010
Passport Req..
June 7, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 8, 2010
LANDED..........
July 9, 2010
LCW - MI DEH YAH ALL DI WHILE.

Congratulations on your pregnancy news as well as the purchase of your new home. I'm sure your girls... and your...... ahem new BOY (yeah I said it!!) will love it!