14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Hey hey heyyyyy forum members,

Hope all is well with everyone. I have been around reading the posts. Can't keep up with the many pages I go through each day .. LOL .. you guys do talk a lot in here and I LOVEEE IT .... takes the mind off a lot of CIC stress for most of it.

Thank you to all of you wonderful people for sending out greetings each day. GOD BLESS!!!!

CONGRATTSSSSSS LCW on your upcoming pickney ..... meh tink it be wan bwoy or two bwoys or tree bwoys <:O ... YIPPIEEEE to you gurl 8) ;D

My days are counting down for my trip to BGI next week ... well, I have a week more to pack and get all sorted out but I am still excited because it's a vacation out of this boring place.

I hope you all are enjoying your summer and nice weather wherever you all are.

Peace out everyone and don't forget to KEEP SMILING because it's always a day closer to being reunited with your loved ones ;D

Kimore

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2009
AOR Received.
29-01-2010
File Transfer...
10-Dec-09
Med's Request
09-Feb-2011
Med's Done....
10-11-2009
Interview........
09-Feb-2011
Good Morning All,

Just wanted to let everyone know i am still around, busy at work these days, i thought summer was suppose to be slow but not for me. We have not heard anything from KG but in all things give thanks. I will be heading home in August i have to spend our anniversary together. I can't wait to see hubby, i am definately looking forward to our reunion. Anyways hope everyone has a blessed day.

HighlyFavoured

Jan 26, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
Doc's Request.
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
Morning to everyone!!! Miracle, Glo, Rosie, Nae, LCW, Maple, Helpme, KMC, VW, Kenswife, Angella, Kimore, Sheraig, iambless and anyone else I may missed - you are not forgotten! :)

Enjoy your day today.

Remember when the praises go up, the blessings come down! ;D

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
Happy Friday forum family!!

Another week has passed and no news for anyone from KG???

Hubby still hasn't received the AOR letter and no ecas update yet....maybe next week, or next month, or maybe even next year lol

It's a long weekend ;D I hope you all have a great weekend!!

Soso-2-di-whurlll

Nov 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HELLO everyone !

Long time no speak.... I can't believe this forum is at page 311.....

So what's new.... anyone else through since I have been gone?

I miss you guysssssssssssssssssssss

Soso-2-di-whurlll

Nov 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LCWWWWWWWWWWW

I just read the news MY GIRL..... so happy for you.... I hope you get your boy....
I knew you would be pregnant in NO TIME....

Maple and KC are NEXT IN LINE............

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Good morning everyone. a long weekend ahead of us again and I hope everyone has a great one. Those of us with your spouses will have to make up for those of us without. We'll take our turns later, we promise.

LCW, congrats girl, I'm sending this one out to Mr LCW

The room was full of pregnant women and their partners, and the Lamaze class was in full swing. The instructor was teaching the women how to breathe properly, along with informing the men how to give the necessary assurances at this stage of the plan.

The teacher then announced, "Ladies, exercise is good for you. Walking is especially beneficial. And, gentlemen, it wouldn't hurt you to take the time to go walking with your partner!"

The room really got quiet. Finally, a man in the middle of the group raised his hand. "Yes?" replied the teacher. "Is it alright if she carries a golf bag while we walk?"

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
hey soso

Yah i know this is it fi mi man ....And bwoooy mi miss you too ....hows the baby doin girl ......are you getting excited yet???

Yes alot of things a happen since you last were on ......It warmed my heart to see you post glad to see you deh bout and thanks girl Mi dunn ready fi be a new mommy again ...

Canacuk .....lol

Soso-2-di-whurlll

Nov 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LCW

I am doing alright... 7 months now ... and the baby is moving like CRAZY....
My husband is being way to protective and talks to her inside my tummy and gives her sweet kisses.... SOOOOOO cute....

I am not sick anymore.... thanks be to GOD... morning sicknedd went away after 6 month....LOL

I wish you nothing but a safe and morning sickness free pregnancy my girl. So excited for you!

Big up yourself and the rest of the forum family as well

Glogirl68

Nov 27, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey everyone. People we are shrinking to the bottom of the board. I had to hunt.. :p
Hope you all are having a awesome long weekend. Well we are now in ANOTHER new month, phew time is ticking. We are now going into our 15month waiting. I pray for something this month. Hopefully we all will hear something.
Take care everyone :D

SmoothiesQueen

Jun 18, 2010
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 24th 2011
I almost died of happiness when I saw this thread...finally other Jamaicans on the board. We are not in Kingston, we are in St Anne. But obviously we are having to come to Kingston for all the embassy business. Is their anyone in Kingston familiar with the process of filing? I posted in other areas about being a Canadian citizen with Jamaican descent in one of my parents...I live here with my husband and step daughter. I am twenty three years old...and about to file my husband to Canada. Is there anyone familiar with this process I could link with??? I could use someone to check my paperwork or give me some guidence!!!

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
good morning forum!!!!

it's looking quiet in here! I hope that means you were all out having a good time this long weekend

I just stayed home, relaxed and did some yard work this weekend. It's the first year I haven't gone to Caribana...just wasn't in the mood. Next year I'm hoping to bring hubby 8)

Hey Glo! just another 14 days now before you can contact KG....they better have some answers for you!!!

Welcome SmoothiesQueen! you are in the right place! I live in Canada and hubby is in JA. If you have specific questions, I'm sure we can help. Some are more familiar with the process than otherss ... I personally have received a lot of help in filing my paperwork so I'm sure there is some help for you here.

someone told me to read the guide from front to back and back to front which can be found here if you don't already have it

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

Before you file your paperwork make sure your medical is done for both hubby and step daughter (if she is going to Canada too) as close to the time you file as possible. They have to be done by a designated medical practitioner which you can find on this site

http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=2056&CountryName=Jamaica

Police checks must be done in Kingston also done as close to the time of filing as possible. My hubby went there, paid $3000 (I think) and got it back in a few days. He did his before we filed, he got 2 papers back with his photo on it which I filed with the application.

The guide has instructions for the size of photographs required for each and how to get your police check done etc. Make sure the photos are the size indicated in the instruction booklet....my hubby got the regular size photos for a JA passport which are not the same size as indicated in the guide. I had to send him back for more. You need to bring photos to your medical with the form in the guide and you need to bring photos for the police check which are also outlined in the guide. I can't remember specifically how many.

jamwifey posted this information for me when I was starting out

Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?
Yes, all applicants aged 18 or older must provide a police certificate.

How or where do I obtain one?

If you live in Jamaica
You must apply in person at this address:

Ministry of National Security
Mutual Life Building - North Tower
2 Oxford Road, Ground Floor
Kingston 5
Jamaica

For your application, you will need:

* your valid passport
* two identical passport-size photographs
* pay the applicable fees. Fees are $1000JMD (normal service) or $2000JMD (express 1 week service). Note that Fees are subject to change.

You will be issued a receipt, which you must then bring to:

The Criminal Records Office
Police Certificate Section
34 Duke Street, Kingston
Jamaica

Hubby had to go to the second location to pick up his police check a few days later. As I said before, hubby was given his police check to send in with his application, he was not given a receipt which was back in April 2010. Some people here were given a receipt to send in.

I hope that helps, and if you've already done the above, great!!! then I've just told you everything you already know lol

again, if you have specific questions, it might be easier to help by answering them

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
Before you file your paperwork make sure your medical is done for both hubby and step daughter (if she is going to Canada too) as close to the time you file as possible. They have to be done by a designated medical practitioner which you can find on this site

http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=2056&CountryName=Jamaica

mawning

i was just checking in and nae you info is great BUT i wanna clear something up medicals have to be done for all accompaning and non accompaning children so it doesnt matter wether they are coming to canada or not they have to be medicaled by a DMP regardless....

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
hey lcw!

yep, listen to lcw....she is the go to gal for all info lol

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
nae i wasnt going to say anything but the old me couldnt help myself ...It all you guys who are going through it now a dis forum a you guys now ...i have retired only to long over patois writtin posts ....lol....

Bless nae ....i wasnt trying to over do you but i didnt want the gyal deh to mek any mistakes ...yuh see ...hey and know you know that too !!

Okay i am gone .....