Waived - In Process Dec 21/12
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
firstladyking said:
I'm waiting for mine too, when did you apply for yours? Man I miss my hubby something awful, it's to the point that I'm getting numb. Putting in tons of hours at work just to escape the loneliness. This is by far one of the hardest things I ever had to go through :eek:
Mississauga received my app on October 19, 2011. Criminal Record Check expires this week and medicals expire Mid August.....

This is def very hard. I haven't seen hubby since Feb 2.... our sons 2nd Birthday is on this Thursday... Just keep busy, that is what I do. My whole camping trip, I honestly didnt think of immigration, but I did imagine almost every moment as if my hubby was there experiencing it with us and it did hurt my heart that he wasnt there. I just keep hoping for the future. I have had my moments on this forum, and I have cried my eyes out. The last landing story, I bawled when she said her son just kept saying "daddy". That is what I imagine and can't wait for. But, I have to stay strong for my kids and for me. I am choosing not to dwell on it. I am choosing to find things that make me happy, it is the only way for me to survive. I choose not to express my negativity to immigration on a daily basis, but every now and then, I feel the need to scream too.

The only way thru this depressing journey is to occupy yourself with positivity!!! It is a must!

Out for the day now peeps, and back to my wonderful night shifts at the hospital tonight!!

One Love xxx

PS I got a wicked tan on my trip, more sun than when am in yaad as hubby always tellin me "don run down da sun babes" lol

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012 received 26-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
11-25-2011 extension requested from IO 11-20-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January 14th, 2013 Decision Made!
LANDED..........
In a minute!
Welcome back from a much needed vacation Jamgirl!

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012 - Kingston In Process
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
daintygirl said:
Thanks very much for your help, what i could do is volunteer for about 2 weeks and find something on weekends for the rent we will open an account and ask for a bank statement to show the landlord. Thanks again
Anytime Dainty Girl - just to add to your note, landlords won't be so interested in seeing bank statements honestly plus it's not info they should be privy too. They're more interested in your credit history, a steady income and someone who can vouch for you in that you've been a responsible tenant in the past. Since your credit history and length of employment will be quite limited being new to Canada, get as many solid references as possible. That's how most things work up here in Canada when it comes to applying for anything. Wishing you much success in your move!!

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
Mar-19-13, received Mar-20-13
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
Jamgirl said:
Mississauga received my app on October 19, 2011. Criminal Record Check expires this week and medicals expire Mid August.....

This is def very hard. I haven't seen hubby since Feb 2.... our sons 2nd Birthday is on this Thursday... Just keep busy, that is what I do. My whole camping trip, I honestly didnt think of immigration, but I did imagine almost every moment as if my hubby was there experiencing it with us and it did hurt my heart that he wasnt there. I just keep hoping for the future. I have had my moments on this forum, and I have cried my eyes out. The last landing story, I bawled when she said her son just kept saying "daddy". That is what I imagine and can't wait for. But, I have to stay strong for my kids and for me. I am choosing not to dwell on it. I am choosing to find things that make me happy, it is the only way for me to survive. I choose not to express my negativity to immigration on a daily basis, but every now and then, I feel the need to scream too.

The only way thru this depressing journey is to occupy yourself with positivity!!! It is a must!

Out for the day now peeps, and back to my wonderful night shifts at the hospital tonight!!

One Love xxx

PS I got a wicked tan on my trip, more sun than when am in yaad as hubby always tellin me "don run down da sun babes" lol
Your GCMS notes, I meant, when did you apply for those?

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Sp. Apr. Dec. 22/11 & Tr. Jan.25/12
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Waived - In Process Dec 21/12
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
oh sorry, I applied 2 weeks ago or so...

and thank u Blondie!

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
Jamgirl said:

One Love xxx

I really shouldn't complain. Sorry for my insensitivity JG. Here I am seeing my hubby every 4-8 weeks and poor you haven't seen yours since February and I'm complaining. Let me tell you, one thing you get here with our forum family is lots and lots of perspective. I'll be praying for you JG and try your best to enjoy your days despite what we're faced with ;D

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
Jamgirl said:
oh sorry, I applied 2 weeks ago or so...

and thank u Blondie!
Me too, I applied about the same. The ladies here though helped me understand last week that most likely our delay has to do with my husbands extensive travel history. That was so helpful to hear that last week, I actually stopped worrying about the process since then. Still miss hubby but I'm learning not to let that become me.

Anada

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012/06/04
AOR Received.
2012/07/25
File Transfer...
2012/08/03
Med's Done....
2012/05/17
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
2012/11/26
VISA ISSUED...
2012/12/11
LANDED..........
2012/12/18
pfft im worse...to the point im redirecting my mail as of next month to reach the PO in his district...and going out on a one way till he gets through.

Say something about parenting and kids Mofos i dare ya dwl - ill stay how ever long it takes, then circle back when it done, till then...screw this shit.

Anada

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012/06/04
AOR Received.
2012/07/25
File Transfer...
2012/08/03
Med's Done....
2012/05/17
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
2012/11/26
VISA ISSUED...
2012/12/11
LANDED..........
2012/12/18
i had to sit on my luggage REAL hard yesterday.......real hard...i didnt so much cry...no sah....i just thought....and thought..about my plan....and how easyyyyyyyy it would be to just not come back, BUT i decided to properly take care of what needs taking care of, then im out....hoping to do this within a few weeks.

Im listing my car, my bedroom set i paid NUFF for 3 years back and NEVER sleep in my room....materials can be replaced. My sanity....once that goes ur fucked.

jamaicansgirl

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Hey ladies I have a question. I'm just trying to get ready to register my daughter for school when she comes to Canada next month. My question is under where it says custody who do I put? We've never had a custody aggreement set in place for either her bio mom or her dad. She lives with hubbys parent for last 2 years and will now be living full time with me and her dad. Does this mean her father will have custody or is it still both parents?
Thanks so much

daintygirl

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2011
Nomination.....
01-09-2011
File Transfer...
01-02-2012
Med's Request
25-04-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Passport Req..
waiting
jamaicansgirl said:
Hey ladies I have a question. I'm just trying to get ready to register my daughter for school when she comes to Canada next month. My question is under where it says custody who do I put? We've never had a custody aggreement set in place for either her bio mom or her dad. She lives with hubbys parent for last 2 years and will now be living full time with me and her dad. Does this mean her father will have custody or is it still both parents?
Thanks so much
I am planning on landing the first week in sept if my visa comes back by the end of aug, do u know soon my 11 yrs old girls would be able to start school

jamaicansgirl

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
daintygirl said:
I am planning on landing the first week in sept if my visa comes back by the end of aug, do u know soon my 11 yrs old girls would be able to start school
I'm assuming as soon as she lands. Thats what I expected and didn't even look into this myself.

Anyone know the answer to this too?

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
daintygirl said:
They'd be able to start very quickly Dainty Girl - the school board system here would ask for their previous school records in Jamaica, ID, proof of your Canadian address, your landing documents, and also their immunization records needs to be up to date. Ensure you bring that with you. Once you visit a Canadian doctor, he'll determine what they'll need to be up to date with the Canadian system in terms of immunization.

daintygirl

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2011
Nomination.....
01-09-2011
File Transfer...
01-02-2012
Med's Request
25-04-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Passport Req..
waiting
Halfmoon said:
They'd be able to start very quickly Dainty Girl - the school board system here would ask for their previous school records in Jamaica, ID, proof of your Canadian address, your landing documents, and also their immunization records needs to be up to date. Ensure you bring that with you. Once you visit a Canadian doctor, he'll determine what they'll need to be up to date with the Canadian system in terms of immunization.
Thanks, don't know how i would ever manage without this forum.

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
One more thing Dainty, will you be enrolling your girls in a Catholic School or Public School? Most of Canada has these two non private school board systems. If you want to enroll them in the Catholic School system, you'll have to provide their baptisimal certificate and if they aren't yet baptised, you can present your own until they get theirs done.

But please do not forget their immunization record - I wouldn't want them to have to get unessary needles. They wouldn't be too happy.