waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
chickie72 said:
Good evening ladies. I am back from JA feeling very much refreshed and renewed. LOL The separation at the airport was killer on me and him but that is a given. It was hot down there and then came here to the same hotness lol. Got the royal search when I came back into Toronto today. The man took everything out of both my suitcases and my carry on and even xrayed my laptop. Them not easy thats for sure! No news on his documents yet :( all we are able to get so far was his police check and the 8 passport pictures. Still waiting to hear back on the birth certificates and passports and then they can do the medicals. I figure it is better if they all go on the same day to do them then they will stay together(hopefully lol) I am thinking about another 3 weeks by the time I get the documents back in my hand. Am glad to read all the good things coming out of Kingston these days, it makes me feel better and hoping this process isn't too much longer. Blessings to all, missed chatting to you guys while I was gone!
Welcome back Chickie!! Happy to hear you got some TLC time with your hubby and had a safe journey there and back despite the inconvenience upon your return. They are ridiculous aren't they? Depending on where your hubby lives, it may even be wise for him to pick up the BC and PP in person as you can understand the mail system there is brutal. The sooner the better for you to get the application back in the hands of CIC. As for doing the medicals all at once, that's a great idea so that one is not delayed behind the other. I hope the weather will be nice when I'm back down there the end of August. I am a bit nervous for storms and such since it's would be towards the end of hurricane season. Was there any water restrictions while you were visiting? I heard that was a serious problem several months ago. Anyhow, hope you get a good first nights rest being back.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
lol well being that you asked about the water restrictions, now I realize why we had no water lol I ( and them) did not realize that, they told me the pump had burned out or something, I was in clarendon and each night the water would come back for a bit but everyday there was no water around us???? Maybe that is why I guess, not really sure but they seemed to think it was because the pump had broke down. We couldn't go swimming in the ocean, the water was too rough at both Little Ochie and Hellshire when we went but I was able to walk in and stick my toes in so I was good. Bought way too much guinep from everyone selling it lol and brought back some ackee. Was a really good time, considering I knew what to expect this time. Glad to be home but wishing hubby was here with me.

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
Mar-19-13, received Mar-20-13
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
chickie72 said:
Good evening ladies. I am back from JA feeling very much refreshed and renewed. LOL The separation at the airport was killer on me and him but that is a given. It was hot down there and then came here to the same hotness lol. Got the royal search when I came back into Toronto today. The man took everything out of both my suitcases and my carry on and even xrayed my laptop. Them not easy thats for sure! No news on his documents yet :( all we are able to get so far was his police check and the 8 passport pictures. Still waiting to hear back on the birth certificates and passports and then they can do the medicals. I figure it is better if they all go on the same day to do them then they will stay together(hopefully lol) I am thinking about another 3 weeks by the time I get the documents back in my hand. Am glad to read all the good things coming out of Kingston these days, it makes me feel better and hoping this process isn't too much longer. Blessings to all, missed chatting to you guys while I was gone!
Welcome back Chickie. I hear you on the leaving hubby at the airport thing, that's the worse part about going to visit. You're so excited on the plane ride there it can't get to JA fast enough for you to see your loved one when you finally clear customs. Glad to hear you had a good time, my mother is from Clarendon. I don't go there though when I go to visit, I can't take the ride through the mountains to get there from St Ann - that's where my husband lives. Besides, I am so in love with the beaches on the north coast and all St Ann has to offer. Any ways, glad you got some much needed TLC and R&R.

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
Jamgirl said:
No worries, I never took offense to ur comments. Everyone deals with this in a different way. Keeping busy is my recommendation. I believe it helps, if anything, time pass faster. Some things I do to pass time: Crochet, cross stitch, extreme coupon, Netflix, read books, auctions (selling my stuff; it makes room for hubby, and I make $$) and I work as much as I can. Also, I try as hard as I can to have some of a social life, even if its just catching up with friends on the phone or on facebook. I also made a room in my basement which I am still working on. I laid wood flooring and am finishing up the paint (bought some today :) )

Keeping positivity helps keep sanity :)
JG...you're so right. Where are you living again? RFMO and I are supposed to be getting together, do you want to join us?

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
ready_fi_move_on said:
Put a pic up on my bbm today and I guess people can't take it "if u allow people who to make more withdrawls than deposits to ur life then u will be out of balance and in the negative, know when to close the account" lol I guess u were right charlie people are only there for a reson I was sent a message cursing me out then propmply deleted from her bbm lol I don't need juvenile people like that in my life
It's just jealousy RFMO. I have some family members who trust me are in the same boat. The funny thing is once you find true love you wish it for everyone you know, so when you get the resistance and negativity you just draw away. Others who have not experienced the love of a good man or woman cannot fathom what you're going through. Trust me, through my marriage to my husband I redefined family and connected with people who truly are there for me. It has been such a cleansing and rejuvenating experience. I never realized just how much stress I was carrying around trying to keep the company of people who could care less about me. It was sad reality, but God and hubby brought me through it and I feel stronger and have more clarity and purpose in life for the experience. You hang in there my sister, your real family is coming and that's all that matters right now ;)

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Sp. Apr. Dec. 22/11 & Tr. Jan.25/12
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Waived - In Process Dec 21/12
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
firstladyking said:
JG...you're so right. Where are you living again? RFMO and I are supposed to be getting together, do you want to join us?
Mawnin!

Thanks for the invite but I am waaaayyyy far away, in good ol Saskatchewan lol

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
Jamgirl said:
Mawnin!

Thanks for the invite but I am waaaayyyy far away, in good ol Saskatchewan lol
Mawnin! I do come that way for work from time to time, next time I'm coming I will link you up and we can go for lunch or dinner or something. How do you like living in Saskatchewan?

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
Well it seems as though the posts have already begun for another day, but let me wish you all a wonderful day and hope that at least one of us will hear some good news out of Kingston today. You're all in my prayers and in my heart and I want to personally thank you all for all the love and encouragement you've given me since I joined this forum family. You are all truly a blessing to me and I wish nothing but the best for you and your families ;)

God bless you all today!

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
Sask is good. My community is great for families and raising children. I have a good job that I love and work is not hard to come by. Biggest flaw = expensive flights to JA :(

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
Jamgirl said:
Sask is good. My community is great for families and raising children. I have a good job that I love and work is not hard to come by. Biggest flaw = expensive flights to JA :(
Hey look at the bright side JG...soon this won't be a concern anymore. You can take your hubby to BC or Alberta - so beautiful. I'm sure in time as the JA community grows out there (which I know it is) the flight prices will come down a bit.

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
I'm here listening to "Lady" by Lionel Richie... :'(

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
I also wish they had year round flights - Toronto is the only airport with flights to JA from May thru to NOvember :(

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
Jamgirl said:
I also wish they had year round flights - Toronto is the only airport with flights to JA from May thru to NOvember :(
Perhaps you should move to Toronto, that way you'd be closer to us :p

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
chickie72 said:
Welcome back chickie72. I always find the first few days back the harders till you get back into your routine. :)

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012