Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Halfmoon said:
Ladies, I believe I mentioned a few days ago that hubby is having a hard time dealing with being apart and even moreso as time passes; I think he feels lonely to be honest. I stay positive and sound upbeat each time we talk just so it doesn't leave room to feel sad but I think it's really affecting him really bad. He said to me today - atl least if I was there, he could have someone to mope to. He's an extremely positive person so this is really not of his character. But I don't want it to get out of hand...Any suggestions ladies?????
Tell him to get out and do things. If he hasn't done so already, let him make up a list of places to visit and things to do that he won't be able to do when he's in Canada or have time for when he's getting ready to leave. He might surprise himself with how long the list is, and then find himself short of time to do them all in the hustle of leaving and arrive with regrets which will only worsen his homesickness when it hits.

Part of my preparing to leave was doing things I knew it would be awhile before I could do them again. I went to Devon House to get ice-cream because I would really miss that part of living in Kingston. I went to the beach in Negril, and sat at my favourite bar and talked for hours with friends I would not see in a long while except online. I spent time with my mother and brother, doing nothing more than ordinary, every day things with the occasional dinner out. I soaked up Jamaica basically, in the last 6 weeks I was in Kingston and Negril. In the last 2 weeks when things got really hectic, there were still some things I didn't get to do, and I wish I had started earlier so I could get around to them.

Your hubby has to use his waiting time to do things, not just wait. When it's time to leave, that will be all he has time for, trust me.

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012 - Kingston In Process
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
CharlieD10 said:
Tell him to get out and do things. If he hasn't done so already, let him make up a list of places to visit and things to do that he won't be able to do when he's in Canada or have time for when he's getting ready to leave. He might surprise himself with how long the list is, and then find himself short of time to do them all in the hustle of leaving and arrive with regrets which will only worsen his homesickness when it hits.

Part of my preparing to leave was doing things I knew it would be awhile before I could do them again. I went to Devon House to get ice-cream because I would really miss that part of living in Kingston. I went to the beach in Negril, and sat at my favourite bar and talked for hours with friends I would not see in a long while except online. I spent time with my mother and brother, doing nothing more than ordinary, every day things with the occasional dinner out. I soaked up Jamaica basically, in the last 6 weeks I was in Kingston and Negril. In the last 2 weeks when things got really hectic, there were still some things I didn't get to do, and I wish I had started earlier so I could get around to them.

Your hubby has to use his waiting time to do things, not just wait. When it's time to leave, that will be all he has time for, trust me.
Thanks for taking the time to respond to my delema Charlie - I have spoken to him about it and he's kept himself busy hanging with friends, he works long hours as his restaurant so he spends his entire days with Mom, Dad, sisters and bro. I'm going to suggest again tonight however will have a serious heart to heart with him. I figured I'd let him be and that he would hopefully snap out of it but this past week seems to be getting the best of him.

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
ohhh lawd another day and nothing from kgn ...hmmmmm not impressed :-X :-X :-X :'(

daintygirl

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2011
Nomination.....
01-09-2011
File Transfer...
01-02-2012
Med's Request
25-04-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Passport Req..
waiting
Halfmoon said:
Thanks for taking the time to respond to my delema Charlie - I have spoken to him about it and he's kept himself busy hanging with friends, he works long hours as his restaurant so he spends his entire days with Mom, Dad, sisters and bro. I'm going to suggest again tonight however will have a serious heart to heart with him. I figured I'd let him be and that he would hopefully snap out of it but this past week seems to be getting the best of him.
hey charlieD, how much time do u think is left for his processing based on other persons experience.

daintygirl

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2011
Nomination.....
01-09-2011
File Transfer...
01-02-2012
Med's Request
25-04-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Passport Req..
waiting
daintygirl said:
hey charlieD, how much time do u think is left for his processing based on other persons experience.
help anyone,

things that i will be taking with me to canada, can i type a list with the items or i have to print and complete this form here online. or whats the procedure, please

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
daintygirl said:
help anyone,

things that i will be taking with me to canada, can i type a list with the items or i have to print and complete this form here online. or whats the procedure, please
You can type out your list, DG, I did it using the same columns as on the B4 form and the officer had no issues with it. Make sure to label it with your full name, date of landing and your intended address.

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
daintygirl said:
help anyone,

Hi DG! a wah da pree? testing out the little patois I know...heehee.
So the time is counting down for you. You must be so excited, new country, new life, new beginnings. I didn't realize you needed to type any kind of list for the things to bring. Are you shipping things seperately?

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
CharlieD10 said:
You can type out your list, DG, I did it using the same columns as on the B4 form and the officer had no issues with it. Make sure to label it with your full name, date of landing and your intended address.
Do share, this is something new I'm learning....

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
daintygirl said:
Based on KG's averages, it could be another 5-6 months at minimum before they hear anything. I am basing this purely off the fact that his file was transferred in June, according to Halfmoon's timeline, and we are now in July.

Halfmoon, he could also "look forward" during his wait time. He can start looking into what he might require for working, such as additional schooling. I'm sure you'll have all that in hand, as well-informed as you are, but the onus will be on him to become self-sufficient so he needs to start preparing himself.

He can also do some "immersion" therapy. I know Jamaican cable TV (if you guys have Flow) has Canadian channels such as CTV and Global/NTV, he can watch those and get an idea of what goes on on TV here.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Halfmoon said:
Do share, this is something new I'm learning....
New immigrants and returning Canadian citizens must declare their household goods they are bringing into the country. This allows them to be exempted from paying taxes on these items. There is no maximum amount for new immigrants. I declared all the clothes, jewelry, and electronics I brought with me (laptop etc). Those go on the B4 (goods accompanying).

I also declared some items I left behind that we will bring back with us at another time. These include some household items, some wedding gifts I had no room for, my professional texts and the books I absolutely would not be parted with from my collection of novels. Those go on the B4A (goods to follow).

daintygirl

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2011
Nomination.....
01-09-2011
File Transfer...
01-02-2012
Med's Request
25-04-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Passport Req..
waiting
CharlieD10 said:
New immigrants and returning Canadian citizens must declare their household goods they are bringing into the country. This allows them to be exempted from paying taxes on these items. There is no maximum amount for new immigrants. I declared all the clothes, jewelry, and electronics I brought with me (laptop etc). Those go on the B4 (goods accompanying).

I also declared some items I left behind that we will bring back with us at another time. These include some household items, some wedding gifts I had no room for, my professional texts and the books I absolutely would not be parted with from my collection of novels. Those go on the B4A (goods to follow).
not sure i am getting it, so what should be declared on the B4 form and can be declared on a typewritten form

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
daintygirl said:
not sure i am getting it, so what should be declared on the B4 form and can be declared on a typewritten form
I used the type-written form as a continuation of my B4. If you want to type everything on a separate sheet, you still need to fill in the B4 and indicate that there is a separate listing attached.

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
CharlieD10 said:
Based on KG's averages, it could be another 5-6 months at minimum before they hear anything. I am basing this purely off the fact that his file was transferred in June, according to Halfmoon's timeline, and we are now in July.

Halfmoon, he could also "look forward" during his wait time. He can start looking into what he might require for working, such as additional schooling. I'm sure you'll have all that in hand, as well-informed as you are, but the onus will be on him to become self-sufficient so he needs to start preparing himself.

He can also do some "immersion" therapy. I know Jamaican cable TV (if you guys have Flow) has Canadian channels such as CTV and Global/NTV, he can watch those and get an idea of what goes on on TV here.

Charlie, the processing time averages would start from when CIC received the ap in March correct? Just wanted to firm that up with you. As for the forward looking plans, he's interested in taking language courses, Italian, German, French were some of the ones he really wants to pick up on. I find that many employers here discount education from certain countries as if it's irrelevant, not to say it doesn't count at all however I think it would be a greater investment once he gets here to enroll in an adult learning centre or through correspondence while he's working. I've been suggesting to him to read more as it will keep his mind alert and channeled to other possible interests but my husband has a short attention span for a few things and reading unfortunately is one of them. But worry not, still encouraging him in this area. Whereas I'm the opposite, I read to the point where I compromise sleep often times! His two favourite things to watch, the news @ 7pm local JA time (he won't miss that) and repeat soccer games (Lord have mercy I have to wonder sometimes).

Charlie what are a few of your favourite books you'd recommend?

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
CharlieD10 said:

Thank you Charlie - how has it been adjusting to Canada. I recall you mentioning living up north? You came during one of our hottest summers ever. I can't wait for you to experience the fall, you're going to love it. Each time I explain to my husband that the trees go bare in the winter, he thinks it's the most funniest thing and when spring arrives, the trees all grow back their leaves again!! Back to the fall, it's a beautiful season to experience when in Canada. It's like nature is prepping for the exfoliation of winter. The air is warm yet brisk. There's a sense of busy'ness yet together'ness all around the city and even the animals such as the birds and squirrels. Observe them when time comes, you'll see what I mean. A melancholy feeling will arouse you as it's also a good time of reflection and if you love books like I do Charlie, it's a great time to snuggle up with a book, a nice tea of your choice and some soft music in the back ground. Your husband is going to be so happy that you're hear to spend that season with you as it can be one of the most romantic times of the year :)

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Average times stated for processing refer to when the VO receives a complete application. So KG's average time of 16 months (or is it 15 now?) would start from when KG receives the file, not when it is submitted to CPC-M. Here on the thread, for the purposes of the KG updates list, we count time starting when the application is submitted to CPC-M.

Haha, I know so well about reading until the book is done because you just can't put it down! People in my life have realised that I can read to the exclusion of anything else, ignoring food, sleep, whatever, so long as the book is that good. Hubby has gotten used to having to turn the light on for me because I will be reading so deeply I can't even get up to turn the light on, preferring instead to bend towards the little light there is!

As for favourite books, well...let's see. I am a huge Lord of the Rings fan, I am working towards a complete collection of the works of J.R.R. Tolkien. I like some classical authors, so I am also working on the complete works of Jane Austen, I have all 7 of her books in one bound volume. Currently, I am reading a fantasy trilogy by Brent Weeks, and along with that trilogy hubby also got me A Game of Thrones Books 1-4. I will read anything by Dean Koontz (suspense/horror), Jeffery Deaver (mystery/suspense) and Catherine Anderson (romance). I also loved the Millennium books (The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo series) and recently began reading "tartan noir", which is mystery/suspense books by Scottish authors. So far I am into Ian Rankin and Val McDermid.

I could go on...but I would be here all night. :p