Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
I downloaded the spreadsheet from CIC's Database, they publish it annually.

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
thanks charlie ...i guess i am having a hard time dealing with the my husband being in another country and my friends and families all day by day becoming like strangers to me :'( :'( :'(

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012 - Kingston In Process
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
CharlieD10 said:
I downloaded the spreadsheet from CIC's Database, they publish it annually.
Thanks!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
ready_fi_move_on said:
thanks charlie ...i guess i am having a hard time dealing with the my husband being in another country and my friends and families all day by day becoming like strangers to me :'( :'( :'(
Sadly, it's going to happen on both sides, RFMO. I remember when I was leaving I had a friend complain mightily. She said she always assumed I would be there for her, and that I would not actually get the visa and leave her. I said, very gently, that I wasn't leaving her, I was going home to my husband, this was not about her, it was about me and my husband. It was not an easy conversation for me to have with her, we have been close for years. She even tried lamenting to my husband that he came and took her friend her away, emotionally and then physically.

Our friends do not always accept our choices. Good friends will eventually come around and accept the new dynamic of your relationship. Seasonal friends and friends who were only around for what they needed from you will sooner or later drift away. Don't try to hold on to them, instead expand your circle of friends and make new ones, grow into people who are walking the same path you are, can empathise with your feelings, and that you can give more to based on who you are now, not what you used to be.

sheriB

Star Member
Feb 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
Nov 2012
Congrats Daintygirl and Akinna ;D ;D ;D

Hope everyone had a great weekend. For me well since it mostly rained all weekend I stayed in and I studied for my final exam which is tomorrow.

What's gonna happen with this holiday, am sure Emancipation will be recognised the Monday, will Tuesday be off as well and then Wednesday and Thursday the only work days? :-X

sheriB

Star Member
Feb 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
Nov 2012
CharlieD10 said:
Sadly, it's going to happen on both sides, RFMO. I remember when I was leaving I had a friend complain mightily. She said she always assumed I would be there for her, and that I would not actually get the visa and leave her. I said, very gently, that I wasn't leaving her, I was going home to my husband, this was not about her, it was about me and my husband. It was not an easy conversation for me to have with her, we have been close for years. She even tried lamenting to my husband that he came and took her friend her away, emotionally and then physically.

Our friends do not always accept our choices. Good friends will eventually come around and accept the new dynamic of your relationship. Seasonal friends and friends who were only around for what they needed from you will sooner or later drift away. Don't try to hold on to them, instead expand your circle of friends and make new ones, grow into people who are walking the same path you are, can empathise with your feelings, and that you can give more to based on who you are now, not what you used to be.
RFMO, I 100% agree with CharlieD I am very careful about who I consider to be my friends. Your real friends will talk to you, understand the decisions you make and stand by you no matter what happens. It amazes me how someone can call themselves a friend but when you make a decision that doesn't go with what they want or think they drop you faster than you can blink.

We may all be in different locations but we're here and we understand.

daintygirl

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2011
Nomination.....
01-09-2011
File Transfer...
01-02-2012
Med's Request
25-04-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Passport Req..
waiting
sheriB said:
RFMO, I 100% agree with CharlieD I am very careful about who I consider to be my friends. Your real friends will talk to you, understand the decisions you make and stand by you no matter what happens. It amazes me how someone can call themselves a friend but when you make a decision that doesn't go with what they want or think they drop you faster than you can blink.

We may all be in different locations but we're here and we understand.
CharlieD, I am thinking about renting as soon as i get there, do u have any info on renting as a new immigrant, the fact that i dont have any credit there.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
daintygirl said:
CharlieD, I am thinking about renting as soon as i get there, do u have any info on renting as a new immigrant, the fact that i dont have any credit there.
Daintygirl, I don't have much info on that, hubby already owns his house, but I am sure some of the other ladies can pitch in. There is a workbook I downloaded from a website to assist newcomers, I forget where the site is and all I have is the downloaded workbook. You can PM me your email address and I will send it to you, if you like. It is actually very helpful, it discusses the basics of life in Canada, how you can access newcomer assistance in your province, get your work credentials evaluated, it provides tips on job-hunting, information on renting laws and finding housing, I found it really helpful, you might too.

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Sp. Apr. Dec. 22/11 & Tr. Jan.25/12
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Waived - In Process Dec 21/12
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
Hey all,
I'm back and feel refreshed. Still no news here on my end.

Congrats to DG and Akinna!!! Also to Blondie for having that letter in hand!

Thank u to Charlie for keepin up the spreadsheet while I was gone.

Xxx

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012 received 26-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
11-25-2011 extension requested from IO 11-20-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January 14th, 2013 Decision Made!
LANDED..........
In a minute!
ready_fi_move_on said:
Good morning family
Happy Monday .... Wow yesterday I got the eye opener of a life time
A friend of mine ( and I use that term loosely ) had a bbq at her house
There was quiet a few of us there with our kids and I was shocked at the behaviour of these women
The music they were playing, they had there kids there yet they were throwing back the drinks like it was running out of style... I'm not a hater by any means and am know to have a drink here or there but not in the presence of my child and defiantly not in front of other peoples kids...
Anyways as the evening progressed the rain came down on us and everyone made a mad dash for the house but I stayed outside it felt so good just having the rain wash over me that eventually all the kids came outside and we were dancing in the rain .....it was great I felt so free and at ease...... not sure what happened but the girl who was hosting the party her boyfriend made some comment about it being nice to see someone who did not take life so seriously and did not need alcohol to have a good time ..... she lost it not on him but on me ....don't know what peoples problems are these days and honestly reached the point where I don't even care anymore....it just blows my mind that at one point in my life these were people who I spent time with confided in lived with like sisters and now our relationships have diminished to this (wow I am not sure if I out grew them or they out grew me but things have changed so drastically with my circle of friends that I now have to look at it and wonder what we had in common in the first place

Hey hun, listen everyone is in your life for a reason. Some are meant to be there a lifetime and some only for a season. You are on a whole new page in life and things now are coming into perspective. I went through this and I realized that the partying and drinking and things weren't apart of what I wanted for myself and for my kids. I occasionally do but not before my kids. You will realize that as you grow, you will make new friends that are just like you.. (like how I met you lol), more family oriented, just different from what you are accustomed to. There will be many more eye-openers and many new people too!

As for their problems, they haven't reached your level as yet therefore they do not know how to react to you! It's probably not intentional as they may not be happy with themselves so just leave them be. You have already realized that you can be happy without them.!
Just my intake!
Been there done that!

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012 received 26-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
11-25-2011 extension requested from IO 11-20-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January 14th, 2013 Decision Made!
LANDED..........
In a minute!
CharlieD10 said:
Daintygirl, I don't have much info on that, hubby already owns his house, but I am sure some of the other ladies can pitch in. There is a workbook I downloaded from a website to assist newcomers, I forget where the site is and all I have is the downloaded workbook. You can PM me your email address and I will send it to you, if you like. It is actually very helpful, it discusses the basics of life in Canada, how you can access newcomer assistance in your province, get your work credentials evaluated, it provides tips on job-hunting, information on renting laws and finding housing, I found it really helpful, you might too.
you can check settlement.org. it is very helpful!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Welcome back, Jamgirl! Glad the break was good for you, and you are now back in the saddle! :) *Hands over updating pen* LOL.

lovehasnoboundaries

Sep 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2011
File Transfer...
14-02-2012
Med's Done....
19-10-2011
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
Happy Monday and good afternoon everyone,

Feeling alot more positive today..EXPECTING great news for us all this week Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Welcome back Jamgirl, you were missed :)

Wow, summer is really flying by, trying to make the most of it while it lasts gonna see what`s going on in the city...the CNE is a must this year, gonna take my son..it brings back childhood memories *sigh*

I am really wondering where my husband is going to put his clothes...I really don`t have anymore room LOL

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
daintygirl said:
DaintyGirl - if you'd like to provide a list of your needs/wants for when you get to Canada, perhaps that will help us provide you with some direction.

Where are you moving to? I believe most cities have rental searches via online where you are able to select an apartment by location, by price, etc. And in many instances, landlords provide pictures so it gives you an idea before you view the place. Most rental properties look for 1st and last months rent which means that if the rent goes for $1000 then you'd have to provide $2000 as part of the signing agreement. In some instances, if the funds are tight then you can negotiate something with the landlord where you'd sign a lease of one year and pay him/her in installments per month until the full amount of the last month's rent is covered (keep in mind that when you decide to move, you're last month's rent would have already been covered).

As for work, there are many job placement agencies in all cities. Just be sure that the agency is reputable and they should not charge any fee for their services. That said, the most important thing to do is to create a winning resume that lists your key skils and achievements along with educational background. Focus your resume/cover letter on achievements since employers get 1000's of bland resume's every day and they really skim for the one's that stand out. Standing out means how you'll be able to increase an organization's value not for the 9-5 you'd get paid for but rather how you'd fit in with their culture, their brand and their missions in that specific role. I head our finance division in NA for both Toronto and Vancouver and when looking for new talent, the last thing I need is another bean counter or just knows how to do the job; I would look for someone who thinks outside the box and has the ability to problem solve with a high degree of creativity then I look at the practical skill set.

Please let me know if you have anything else in mind that I may be able to answer for you......

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
Oh in addition to my previous note, two major websites for job search is www.monsterjob.ca and www.workopolis.ca - you can search by city, position and they provide resourceful tools such as resume builders and competitive anlysis on salaries by position and by market.