01-02-2012
Med's Request
25-04-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Passport Req..
waiting
Halfmoon said:
Oh in addition to my previous note, two major websites for job search is www.monsterjob.ca and www.workopolis.ca - you can search by city, position and they provide resourceful tools such as resume builders and competitive anlysis on salaries by position and by market.
thanks halfmoon and charlieD for all that information. I am currently working as a senior secretary here with some diplomas and certificates in in secretarial studies, i am working in the government service and i am going to winnipeg manitoba. I have done some research on housing and view a view places but my thing is not sure they would rent their property to newcomers. I will be staying with relatives there but not for long, just dont want to go into a blind situation and get all confused. I would love to get back in the gov service there so i will try for that when i get there.

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012 - Kingston In Process
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
Dainty Girl - I just thought of one more thing relating to your job propects when in Canada; that is to obtain reference letters from your current and previous employers in which it clealy outlines your tenure with them. The letters should be on company letterhead also. This is crucial after an employer is in the decision making process of making you an offer. I would presume calling Jamaica may/or may not be conducive so better to be proactive and provide reference letters and if they so choose to call your previous employers directly, the option is still there for them to so.

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
Mar-19-13, received Mar-20-13
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
CharlieD10 said:
Sadly, it's going to happen on both sides, RFMO. I remember when I was leaving I had a friend complain mightily. She said she always assumed I would be there for her, and that I would not actually get the visa and leave her. I said, very gently, that I wasn't leaving her, I was going home to my husband, this was not about her, it was about me and my husband. It was not an easy conversation for me to have with her, we have been close for years. She even tried lamenting to my husband that he came and took her friend her away, emotionally and then physically.

Our friends do not always accept our choices. Good friends will eventually come around and accept the new dynamic of your relationship. Seasonal friends and friends who were only around for what they needed from you will sooner or later drift away. Don't try to hold on to them, instead expand your circle of friends and make new ones, grow into people who are walking the same path you are, can empathise with your feelings, and that you can give more to based on who you are now, not what you used to be.
AMEN CharlieD! LIKE US RFMO ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012 - Kingston In Process
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
daintygirl said:
thanks halfmoon and charlieD for all that information. I am currently working as a senior secretary here with some diplomas and certificates in in secretarial studies, i am working in the government service and i am going to winnipeg manitoba. I have done some research on housing and view a view places but my thing is not sure they would rent their property to newcomers. I will be staying with relatives there but not for long, just dont want to go into a blind situation and get all confused. I would love to get back in the gov service there so i will try for that when i get there.
It doesn't matter if you're a newcomer or not, show them the money and you will be good. Some reference letters from your current landlord or someone that can attest to your character and history of your paying bills/rent on time will support your case when applying for any rental property.

As for working for the public service sector here, it's extremely competitive however very attainable. You would get screened in based on your resume and skillset relating to the applied position, educational background, criminal check and would have to pass a general exam along with other skillset tests specific to the position - very similar to a college/university entrace exam.

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
lovehasnoboundaries said:
Happy Monday and good afternoon everyone,

Feeling alot more positive today..EXPECTING great news for us all this week Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Welcome back Jamgirl, you were missed :)

Wow, summer is really flying by, trying to make the most of it while it lasts gonna see what`s going on in the city...the CNE is a must this year, gonna take my son..it brings back childhood memories *sigh*

I am really wondering where my husband is going to put his clothes...I really don`t have anymore room LOL
I thought I was the only crazy one...I keep throwing things out to make room for hubby...LOL. It'll all work out, I don't think you'll be thinking about room when he gets here, funny how things will just fall into place.

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
Is it true eCas is only updated on Tuesdays?

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Sp. Apr. Dec. 22/11 & Tr. Jan.25/12
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Waived - In Process Dec 21/12
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
Thank you Charlie and LHNB!

e-cas is updated once per week. I have seen it updated on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays...

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
Jamgirl said:

e-cas is updated once per week. I have seen it updated on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays...
By the way JG, welcome back and I hope the week-end with the kids was relaxing for you ;D

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
daintygirl said:
Hey everyone, got my PPR today July 21 in the mail, so will drop off passport on monday.

Thank God i am almost done.
I kept reading everyone else congratulating you and I searched and searched for your quote to see what your update was, I finally found it. CONGRATULATIONS DG! You're on your way :p

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
Jamgirl said:

Thanks JG. This is all of our week! We will hear something this week for sure ;D

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
ready_fi_move_on said:
thanks charlie ...i guess i am having a hard time dealing with the my husband being in another country and my friends and families all day by day becoming like strangers to me :'( :'( :'(
John Holt said "let them talk and talk, let them laugh and laugh, it's one thing I know no matter what they do they can't keep us apart". You keep your head up my girl. A girlfriend of mine reminded me yesterday it will all work out in the end and we won't even remember all of this stress and anxiety. Just keep the faith my dear and know that with each day you're one step and one day closer to reuniting with the love of your life. My husband asked me this week-end if when he is coming if I can come to Jamaica and we fly home together. I asked him why, he said he wanted to know what it feels like for both of us to leave from Jamaica instead of me always having to say good bye and we cry. This is the type of love you and I and everyone else out here are holding on to. No matter what they do THEY CAN'T KEEP US APART!!! Be strong my darling, everything will work out in soon. :'( :'( :'(

lostwithoutu

Star Member
Aug 11, 2011
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/11/2010
AOR Received.
never got
File Transfer...
09/12/2010
Med's Request
02/05/2012
Med's Done....
28/10/2010 redone 21/05/2012
Interview........
26/4/2012
Passport Req..
02/05/2012 as per letter will take in 18/06/2012
VISA ISSUED...
02/07/2012
LANDED..........
14/07/2012
welcome home jam girl!!!!!

im sooo happy u are home!!!! u were missed !!

good afternoon everyone!

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Sp. Apr. Dec. 22/11 & Tr. Jan.25/12
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Waived - In Process Dec 21/12
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
Thankd FLK and LWU. Missed u too girl!

I hope I hear something soon... In my 10th month now, but CAIPS notes should arrive in August, then maybe I will know something more about why I am waiting so long :)

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
Jamgirl said:
Thankd FLK and LWU. Missed u too girl!

I hope I hear something soon... In my 10th month now, but CAIPS notes should arrive in August, then maybe I will know something more about why I am waiting so long :)
I'm waiting for mine too, when did you apply for yours? Man I miss my hubby something awful, it's to the point that I'm getting numb. Putting in tons of hours at work just to escape the loneliness. This is by far one of the hardest things I ever had to go through :eek:

daintygirl

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2011
Nomination.....
01-09-2011
File Transfer...
01-02-2012
Med's Request
25-04-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Passport Req..
waiting
Halfmoon said:
It doesn't matter if you're a newcomer or not, show them the money and you will be good. Some reference letters from your current landlord or someone that can attest to your character and history of your paying bills/rent on time will support your case when applying for any rental property.

As for working for the public service sector here, it's extremely competitive however very attainable. You would get screened in based on your resume and skillset relating to the applied position, educational background, criminal check and would have to pass a general exam along with other skillset tests specific to the position - very similar to a college/university entrace exam.
Thanks very much for your help, what i could do is volunteer for about 2 weeks and find something on weekends for the rent we will open an account and ask for a bank statement to show the landlord. Thanks again