+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2024 - Citizenship Applications

TonyStark01

Sep 10, 2024
I found for many people once the BG is complete, then received the test invite.

In some of the cases including me BG is still in progress but received the test invite and completed.

Any idea on this?

haplo

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
Category........
CEC
Hi,
Just got GU2 , what weird only for my self not for my spouse , @hssrp or anyone any idea what it could be?

Our timeline:
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1827
Application: Single/Family(number of family members) : Family (2)
Application sent: June 4
Delivered: June 4
AOR: June 12
IP: June 14
BG - July 31
Test Completed - Aug 20
LPP-In process
GU2 - Sep 17 (Only myself, no for my spouse)
did You both complete the test at the same day?

Aug 15, 2018
Please fill the missing fields below and another profile here will add you to sheet. Thanks
Physical Presence Days:?
Application: Single/Family(number of family members) : ?
Application sent: June 16th
Delivered: June 16th
AOR: June 24th
Online application
Physical presence: 1137 days
Application: single

Reactions: hssrp
Aug 15, 2018
Its a good thing officer just wants ID, then you should be good. Provide a clear scanned copy. Without any ID picture taken during test, they could well have rejected test result. For those who are taking test soon- Its better to check Cam and resolution online before the test. If you search cam check, there are many sites. They let you take pictures too. That way you can judge the resoultion beforehand and have an idea how a picture of ID would look like
Thank you, I sent email with the ID

Reactions: maverick1982

RN_15

Oct 16, 2018
My test was completed July 15th (20/20 score) and I still haven’t heard anything for oath yet.
my background was completed on June 25th.
lpp is In progress, should I be concerned?
Same with me..test completed July 19..no update since that..I wonder why are they sending oath invites to people who completed their test in August and not to people who completed the test in July. I was seeing the June excel tracker...seems that it's happening with all July people...is there any error in their system or what.

Gsingh123$

Mar 23, 2023
That is a big relief!!
Since your criminality is in-progress, you will most likely get a fingerprints request soon. Once you get the request, please complete it as soon as possible as it takes 4 weeks on an average for the full Fingerprint process. Once they get your FR report from RCMP, the next day your BG will be marked as completed.

The good thing is your security is completed. Because if that was still pending, it takes anywhere between 3 months to 14 months to get that completed!
So if this all is still going to take another 5-6 weeks before Oath, then I wouldn’t have enough time to surrender my current citizenship before I travel.
Do you think I can start my surrendering process and just take e-visa and travel while that is still happening?

Reactions: hssrp

$am

Star Member
May 6, 2020
Physical Presence Days: 1418
Application: 2
Application sent: June 18
Delivered: June 18
AOR: June-28
BG completed- Aug 20
Test invite - Aug 20 (Aug30 to sept 1)
Test completed- Aug 30
Tracker Updated (Test completed)- Sept 5
LPP completed today - Sept 17

Why Citizenship ceremony is showing not started? How much to wait now for oath ceremony?

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Same with me..test completed July 19..no update since that..I wonder why are they sending oath invites to people who completed their test in August and not to people who completed the test in July. I was seeing the June excel tracker...seems that it's happening with all July people...is there any error in their system or what.
It depends on the office, officer and complexity. Also, they likely go by date of application. Files may have same application date , but one may receive test much earlier. Does not always mean that they will prioritize the earliest test date one. They try to distribute load and very likely want similar processing time for all candidates. Some offices send test request uniformly after certain time interval, while others might not

Reactions: TonyStark01

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Physical Presence Days: 1418
Application: 2
Application sent: June 18
Delivered: June 18
AOR: June-28
BG completed- Aug 20
Test invite - Aug 20 (Aug30 to sept 1)
Test completed- Aug 30
Tracker Updated (Test completed)- Sept 5
LPP completed today - Sept 17

Why Citizenship ceremony is showing not started? How much to wait now for oath ceremony?
Updated

trajectory@3

Jun 29, 2021
Language and prohibitions done. Updated the sheet. As i was expecting , physical presence is still in progress. I had travelled to US often, every month or so. Most people see all three completed. But there are a few who have prohibitions, physical presence pending. I checked and have 22 travel records. Dont think it is a lot, although more than others. Hopefully it doesnt take too long.
Let’s see if your full passport scan or a copy of i94 is sought. That way you can tell if the delay is due to the the validation of you extensive international travel records.

Reactions: maverick1982

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Hi,
Just got GU2 , what weird only for my self not for my spouse , @hssrp or anyone any idea what it could be?

Our timeline:
Physical Presence Days: 1827
Application: Single/Family(number of family members) : Family (2)
Application sent: June 4
Delivered: June 4
AOR: June 12
IP: June 14
BG - July 31
Test Completed - Aug 20
LPP-In process
GU2 - Sep 17 (Only myself, no for my spouse)
Most likely they are working on the LPP. You should see some updates soon.

Reactions: DSL2011