+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2024 - Citizenship Applications

Gsingh123$

Mar 23, 2023
Well calling them often will neither help the application nor adversely affect it. However, they make a note of every call you make and add it to your file.

When you call next time, ask specifically if your security and criminality is completed and let me know what they say and I will advise you accordingly.
Hello @hssrp, I have a call scheduled with IRCC in next 20-25 mins. Apart from these two BG questions, is there anything else I can ask them to predict my case status and completion time?

Gsingh123$

Mar 23, 2023
Well calling them often will neither help the application nor adversely affect it. However, they make a note of every call you make and add it to your file.

When you call next time, ask specifically if your security and criminality is completed and let me know what they say and I will advise you accordingly.
Hey @hssrp , @maverick1982 just spoke with the agent (same agent from last week…lol). She said all good nothing missing and regarding BG, Security is completed and Criminality is under process.
LPP still not started.

Last edited:

Wanderer87

Oct 1, 2022
I was requested for FP and have given them Aug 23. No update since then on the background. Portal still says 'waiting on you'.

Test given Aug 31 and marked as complete in Sep3 in Portal.

This month my home country passport expired and took a risk to not renew it as this citizenship application is in progress. No travel plans but good to have some valid passport in hand by Jan 2025.

Assuming a routine application, Can I expect the Oath this year for June applicants ? (I applied Jun 18).

J13

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019
I was requested for FP and have given them Aug 23. No update since then on the background. Portal still says 'waiting on you'.

This month my home country passport expired and took a risk to not renew it as this citizenship application is in progress. No travel plans but good to have some valid passport in hand by Jan 2025.

Assuming a routine application, Can I expect the Oath this year for June applicants ? (I applied Jun 18).
Hi, I also gave FP on Sep 6 but nothing updated yet. Though I have interview scheduled for next week so I assume everything will get updated after that.

Reactions: Gsingh123$

Jaxico

Nov 29, 2020

My dates are similar than you and I’m still waiting the FP that I did on 23rd

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Hey @hssrp , @maverick1982 just spoke with the agent (same agent from last week…lol). She said all good nothing missing and regarding BG, Security is completed and Criminality is under process.
LPP still not started.
That is a big relief!!
Since your criminality is in-progress, you will most likely get a fingerprints request soon. Once you get the request, please complete it as soon as possible as it takes 4 weeks on an average for the full Fingerprint process. Once they get your FR report from RCMP, the next day your BG will be marked as completed.

The good thing is your security is completed. Because if that was still pending, it takes anywhere between 3 months to 14 months to get that completed!

Reactions: Gsingh123$

LeahO

Aug 17, 2021
My test was completed July 15th (20/20 score) and I still haven’t heard anything for oath yet.
my background was completed on June 25th.
lpp is In progress, should I be concerned?