+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2024 - Citizenship Applications

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Applied for the exam in June, background check completed 2 days ago, and got the invitation for the exam today. When I applied, I only submitted the info page of my passport, not every page with a stamp. Since my background check is done, does this mean the info page was enough? Or could I be asked about it later? Thanks in advance for any insights!
When applying for the citizenship online, only the info page of the passport is required/mandatory, not every page of the passport or page with stamps. Few applicants who have a good amount of travel history, attach the pages with stamps or the full passport scan as an additional document so as to avoid any delays in case the officer wants them later.

Coming to your specific questions, the passport scans are not related to or requested for the background check but relates to your physical presence requirements. So unless your Physical Presence marks completed, you may still be asked for the full passport scan and/or an in-person/virtual interview request in case the officer has any questions about your absences from Canada or your travel history.

monu030

Star Member
Sep 14, 2014
Both applications will be processed separately until the stage it is ready for scheduling oath. At that stage, it will be pending for the other partner to complete his steps and the oath will be scheduled together.
Would you mind to confirm if the response is based on your understanding or real case?

Reactions: hssrp

nayazkha653

Jul 4, 2021
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1195
Application: Single/Family(number of family members) : Single
Application sent: June 11th
Delivered: June 21st
Test request Received: 6th Aug
Test window- 16- Aug to 16- Sep
Test completed- 16 Aug
Test status updated to complete- 20- Aug

Please add me to the group

Jaxico

Nov 29, 2020
Physical Presence Days: 1107
Application: Single/Family(number of family members) : Family - 2
Application sent: June 9th
Delivered: June 9th
AOR: June 27th
Ecas: June 29th
Ghost update August 16th
Whats next? Thank you ;)
I got a 2nd GU today Aug 20th, everything keep in progress, why is that?
thank you ;)

Last edited:

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Physical Presence Days: 1195
Application: Single/Family(number of family members) : Single
Application sent: June 11th
Delivered: June 21st
Test request Received: 6th Aug
Test window- 16- Aug to 16- Sep
Test completed- 16 Aug
Test status updated to complete- 20- Aug

Please add me to the group
Added to the spreadsheet.

Sidedmage3

Jun 26, 2024
My test window is from Aug 22 to Sept 21 and I received this update on Aug 16th. I still have not received my invite in the email. Does it always take time? I am hoping I get the email at least tomorrow. Also, will the application be on hold until the Test is completed or will the officers still process and update LPP in the meantime?

dylanzzc

Dec 8, 2019
I got a 2nd GU today Aug 20th, everything keep in progress, why is that?
thank you ;)
I recevied 2 GUs after AOR (June 24 2024) on Aug 14th and 16th but still not see anything coming through. I am wondering the same thing, what does 2 GUs means!

Reactions: Jaxico

Sidedmage3

Jun 26, 2024
My test window is from Aug 22 to Sept 21 and I received this update on Aug 16th. I still have not received my invite in the email. Does it always take time? I am hoping I get the email at least tomorrow. Also, will the application be on hold until the Test is completed or will the officers still process and update LPP in the meantime?
Nvm, I received the test invite email a while ago and I think it came from the Surrey Office.

Sidedmage3

Jun 26, 2024
I recevied 2 GUs after AOR (June 24 2024) on Aug 14th and 16th but still not see anything coming through. I am wondering the same thing, what does 2 GUs means!
From what I understand, GU (Ghost Update) means that the officer is actively working on your application and there might be a real update soon. But not all Ghost Updates get converted to a real update but the fact that GUs appear means that the file is being worked on.

Reactions: hssrp and Jaxico