+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2024 Inland spousal sponsorship timeline

Balsaab0007

Aug 12, 2024
So, I have submitted OWP today and later received AOR for PR by email (sponsor’s). I have sent the AOR via the Web Form to complete the OWP application. PA already received BIL for OWP. I am just curious about the AOR we received. It was a PDF attachment with no UCI #, just date, Application #, code bar and my name and address. I am not able to post a screen shot but:

Title of email: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada - Communication to client/Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada - Communication auprès de la clientèle - CPCM / CTDM - Inland SCLP AOR Letter Fxxxxxxx.

Body of email:
Dear Client,

This email is regarding the Application for Permanent Residence that you submitted to this office.

Attached please find a letter related to your application. Please fully read the attachment and save this message for your records.

The attachment is formatted as a PDF file. In order to open and read this file you will.. (nothing related to application just general information about if I need to communicate changes in status, address…)

Body of attached PDF:
Dear (my name),
This letter confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 2024-07-18.

Next step:
If your sponsored family members are between 14 and 79 years old, they and their accompanying dependents (who are 14 years of age or older), will need to complete Biometrics... nothing else much.

Any idea if the AOR formats have changed? I am waiting for the Invitation to apply for undertaking with MIFI.

Also, in status application, it says that medical, biometrics, interview and background check will not be required for the PR application.
Ur work permit was expiring????
After applying work permit u got aor for PR file???

Balsaab0007

Aug 12, 2024
So, I have submitted OWP today and later received AOR for PR by email (sponsor’s). I have sent the AOR via the Web Form to complete the OWP application. PA already received BIL for OWP. I am just curious about the AOR we received. It was a PDF attachment with no UCI #, just date, Application #, code bar and my name and address. I am not able to post a screen shot but:

Title of email: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada - Communication to client/Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada - Communication auprès de la clientèle - CPCM / CTDM - Inland SCLP AOR Letter Fxxxxxxx.

Body of email:
Dear Client,

This email is regarding the Application for Permanent Residence that you submitted to this office.

Attached please find a letter related to your application. Please fully read the attachment and save this message for your records.

The attachment is formatted as a PDF file. In order to open and read this file you will.. (nothing related to application just general information about if I need to communicate changes in status, address…)

Body of attached PDF:
Dear (my name),
This letter confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 2024-07-18.

Next step:
If your sponsored family members are between 14 and 79 years old, they and their accompanying dependents (who are 14 years of age or older), will need to complete Biometrics... nothing else much.

Any idea if the AOR formats have changed? I am waiting for the Invitation to apply for undertaking with MIFI.

Also, in status application, it says that medical, biometrics, interview and background check will not be required for the PR application.
Its shows ur file was received by them on 18/7/2024 and today is 23 y they didn’t send u aor before y they sent u after applying owp

qcacz

Aug 16, 2024
Its shows ur file was received by them on 18/7/2024 and today is 23 y they didn’t send u aor before y they sent u after applying owp
Not sure why. But they didn’t send me the AOR because I applied for the OWP, I think it was just a concidence that I received the AOR a few hours after applying for OWP. It’s the initial request for OWP, not an extension.

Balsaab0007

Aug 12, 2024
Not sure why. But they didn’t send me the AOR because I applied for the OWP, I think it was just a concidence that I received the AOR a few hours after applying for OWP. It’s the initial request for OWP, not an extension.
My permit is expiring on oct 4 nd i am waiting for aor for common law
My consultant said we will launch owp in mud September if we dont get aor till that time
Might be after applying work permit they ssnd me aor for common law

sam001

Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
Sept 30, 2015
Update:
Application submitted: July 02, 2024
AOR: July 30, 204
SWOP applied: July 31, 2024
Medical request: August 07, 2024
Update:
Medical passed: Aug 24, 2024
No BIL or AIP yet

Reactions: idavid and qcacz

Aurora9

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Hello,
I have some questions for applicants who received BIL.
1. Did you pay the fee when you received BIL? Or did you pay after receiving the email from IRCC asking you to pay the fee?
2. If you received the email from IRCC asking you to pay the fee and paid it, do you need to send a separate receipt to IRCC?

Sarishty17

Star Member
Apr 12, 2022
I was not asked for any
Hello,
1. Did you pay the fee when you received BIL? Or did you pay after receiving the email from IRCC asking you to pay the fee?
2. If you received the email from IRCC asking you to pay the fee and paid it, do you need to send a separate receipt to IRCC?
I was not asked for any fee might be included in application fee.

Aurora9

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
I was not asked for any

I was not asked for any fee might be included in application fee.
I received BIL email and done few days ago. When I went to Service Canada for Biometric, they didn't ask fee.
Then yesterday I got an email from IRCC and I paid..
I thought there's no fee. So I ask you guys if anyone paid Biometric

Reminder – Biometrics Fee
This letter refers to your application for permanent residence.
As of June 15, 2023, you need to provide new biometrics when you apply from within Canada. You
need to give your biometrics and pay the fee, even if you gave your biometrics in the past to support a
visitor visa, study or work permit application, or a different permanent resident application.
If you’re between 14 and 79 years old, you and your accompanying dependents (who are 14 years of
age or older), will need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) for all permanent resident
applications. This letter is a reminder to submit the Biometrics fee if you did not include it with your
application submission.
Please disregard this reminder if you have already paid and submitted your Biometrics fee with
your application or since the submission of your application.

Sarishty17

Star Member
Apr 12, 2022
I received BIL email and done few days ago. When I went to Service Canada for Biometric, they didn't ask fee.
Then yesterday I got an email from IRCC and I paid..
I thought there's no fee. So I ask you guys if anyone paid Biometric

As of June 15, 2023, you need to provide new biometrics when you apply from within Canada. You
need to give your biometrics and pay the fee, even if you gave your biometrics in the past to support a
visitor visa, study or work permit application, or a different permanent resident application.
If you’re between 14 and 79 years old, you and your accompanying dependents (who are 14 years of
age or older), will need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) for all permanent resident
applications. This letter is a reminder to submit the Biometrics fee if you did not include it with your
application submission.
Please disregard this reminder if you have already paid and submitted your Biometrics fee with
How did you pay biometric fee do they provide some link?

Aurora9

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
How did you pay biometric fee do they provide some link?
There was instructions.

application submission.

Instructions - How to Pay Biometrics Fees
1. You can pay immigration fees online with a Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit card
if you have access to a computer with an Internet connection, Adobe Acrobat Reader software,
and a printer.
2. This fee must be paid at the following link: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/?lang=en.
3. Click “Continue” at the bottom of the first page.
4. Select “Immigration” then under “Other immigration services”, select “Biometrics”.
5. Select the fee that applies to your application.
Note: “If you qualify for the “family” rate, only enter “1” into the ‘Quantity’.
6. Click “Submit” and complete payment.
7. Once completed, send the payment receipt via the IRCC Webform at the following link:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx.
Note: At this time, you only need to pay a biometrics fee if you did not include the Biometrics fee
payment with your submission. Once your application is deemed as complete, you will receive
further instructions on when and how to give your biometrics. For more information on
biometrics, please visit the IRCC website at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-
citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/facts.html

sam001

Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
Sept 30, 2015
Hello,
This depends on what you paid during the application submission. I selected to pay the biometrics feee as well, so I wont pay when they request biometrics

Last edited:
Reactions: Aurora9 and alex00

itsbecca

Dec 1, 2023
Application submitted: July 27, 2024
PA's residence: Quebec
PA's status: Visitor (Applied for OWP)
PA's country: US
Sponsor's status: Citizen
AOR: August 24, 2024
Is it normal for me, the sponsor, to get an approval email first when my husband hasn't yet?