+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2024 - Citizenship Application

icecoldbaby

Nov 11, 2021
Is there a trend where processing of people from Toronto being delayed compared to other locations? It kinda sucks cz I was hopeful my case would move a lot faster given how straightforward it is. :(
applied on July 1st from Toronto. AOR 9 July but nothing since

sonusweetie

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
applied on July 1st from Toronto. AOR 9 July but nothing since
yup if you look at the number of applications per month by location you'll notice the Toronto application count is much higher than other locations, followed by rest of the GTA. Good part is that they do eventually move forward.

NMahmood

Jul 31, 2024
Canada
Hi,
Good morning everyone,

Just a question, we (6 Family members) received AOR on 29th July and after that is silent and no Test Invite yet. Is this normal,
Please let me know how this process goes?

Thanks

Reactions: hssrp

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Hi,
Good morning everyone,

Just a question, we (6 Family members) received AOR on 29th July and after that is silent and no Test Invite yet. Is this normal,
Please let me know how this process goes?

Thanks
Its normal, first 6-8 weeks are silent for most applicants.

Reactions: Cayman

rockstarcg90

Star Member
Dec 6, 2022
I keep checking the tracker minimum 10 times a day.. :D I read somewhere we don't get e-mail updates (except test invite), and I'm overly excited
Yeah, you would most likely see updates (if any) in the beginning of the day. If not, you would have to wait until next day. Sadly that's the fact.

I agree, these are exciting times :) I'm in this exciting phase since 2022 continuously for my application and then my daughter and now for my wife.

Last edited:
Reactions: hssrp and Cayman

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
I keep checking the tracker minimum 10 times a day.. :D I read somewhere we don't get e-mail updates (except test invite), and I'm overly excited
I can totally understand.

The tracker updates only once a day at around 5-5:30 AM EST from Tuesday to Saturday. So you can time accordingly to check once a day :)

Emails are sent by IRCC for all activities that needs our immediate attention, like Test invite, fingerprints request, passport scan request, interview request, additional documents request, Oath ceremony invite letter, e-certificate download instructions. So do not worry, you would get all important communications in email as well.

tuhadapeo

Jul 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal -> Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-01-2019
Hi guys, just gave the test 20/20, yay
I had hard time taking pic of ID it came a little blurred, I tried everything but still it was same so I just went with it. Hope thats not a problem
any tips/resources recommended for test prep?

TuBaba83

Apr 24, 2021
Good evening.

Please, I'm about to submit my application, but I need clarity on one of the addresses.

When I became a PR, I soft-landed and stayed in Ottawa for just 1month before returning to my country.

During the 1month period, I stayed at 3 different friend's places.

Meanwhile, I have another friend whose house address I used for my SIN registration, PRCard delivery, and opening of bank account, but I did not stay at his place.

Pls, which address should I put for the 1month period?

Thank you.

tuhadapeo

Jul 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal -> Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-01-2019
personally I won’t add any since you had not permanently moved to Canada and were “visiting”. According to application guidelines, no need to mention addresses of friends, hotels or other accommodation during vacation/travel.

refer question 10’s last sentence of the first paragraph. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html

Good evening.

Please, I'm about to submit my application, but I need clarity on one of the addresses.

When I became a PR, I soft-landed and stayed in Ottawa for just 1month before returning to my country.

During the 1month period, I stayed at 3 different friend's places.

Meanwhile, I have another friend whose house address I used for my SIN registration, PRCard delivery, and opening of bank account, but I did not stay at his place.

Pls, which address should I put for the 1month period?

Thank you.

Pari123

Champion Member
Apr 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Feb, 2012
Doc's Request.
18 Mar, 2013
Nomination.....
25 Jan,2012
AOR Received.
26 April, 2012
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
26 April, 2012
Med's Done....
3 May 2012. In Process: May 21,2013
Passport Req..
July 23,2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 31,2013
LANDED..........
Aug 17, 2013
any tips/resources recommended for test prep?
Study the book, I ordered the book and it came in a week. I studied on weekend, took notes and did online practice as well.

Raf007

Aug 29, 2024
Hi Everyone,

Hope you folks are enjoying the last few days of summer! I have applied on July 12th and provided fingerprint on August 3rd ( IRCC asked to provide fingerprint). But unfortunely can not access to the tracker after getting AOR. When I try to create one, it says they sent me verification code but I dont get any codes in my email. I called IRCC and confirmed that they have the correct email address. Does anyone has any ideas or having similar issues? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.