FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
LANDED..........
01-07-2018
I have no clue how but I think I pressed some right buttons in the last couple of weeks - I received an invitation for taking Oath.

Over the past couple of weeks, I contacted my MP for the third time to follow up with IRCC. I also called the IRCC helpdesk and asked them for a reasonable justification for the delay in our application. The representative I spoke with was very kind and escalated the issue since there was no clear reason for the delay. Additionally, I requested GCMS notes from IRCC, CBSA, and CSIS, explicitly stating that I intended to pursue a writ of mandamus and needed to determine which department to address. One important point to highlight is that I had a genuine reason for requesting expedited case processing: my research papers were accepted for a conference in the US (August 9-13), and I had no other way to travel except with a Canadian passport.

Two days ago (on Monday), I received a call asking if I was available to take the oath on Thursday with my family. I gladly accepted. Yesterday, I received another call to confirm if I had received the formal invitation via email, which I hadn’t at that time. An hour later, I received the official invitation to attend the oath ceremony in person.

The system is far from transparent, making it difficult to pinpoint what exactly triggered the sudden resolution of our case. However, I share my story to encourage all of you to keep trying. Just three days ago, I was searching for a lawyer to file a writ of mandamus at a reasonable cost, and today, I’m deciding what to wear for tomorrow’s ceremony. I crossed the finish line, and I’m confident that you all will too, sooner than later. Keep persevering, and know that your efforts will pay off. Your day will come, and when it does, it will be worth every challenge you faced along the way.

Good luck to you all!
I am planning on following your footsteps by requesting the GCMS from CBSA and CSIS as well. Can you please let me know how you worded your request? Did the CBSA and CSIS not tell you to pursue the matter with IRCC since they are the ones handling your citizenship application?

waqasnawaz

Jul 23, 2014
I am planning on following your footsteps by requesting the GCMS from CBSA and CSIS as well. Can you please let me know how you worded your request? Did the CBSA and CSIS not tell you to pursue the matter with IRCC since they are the ones handling your citizenship application?
I have copied my message below - the one I sent to CBSA when requesting GCMS notes. And to your second question - I still have not heard back from them.

"I am writing to request my CBSA-GCMS notes. I have applied for the citizenship grant, but the processing of my application has been significantly delayed. To understand the cause of this delay, I am gathering information from IRCC, CBSA, and CSIS. I aim to determine whether the delay is due to any screening or clearance issues or if it is a matter of negligence by one of the agencies. If it is found to be the latter, I intend to proceed with a writ of mandamus.

Please find my details below to help identify my record: [name, DOB, nationality, ID, application #]

Attachments: A copy of passport and PR card"

jaspreet91

May 11, 2020
I wouldn't jump to that conclusion. When have you ever heard IRCC calling someone to ask if they can attend an upcoming Oath ceremony? Something must have happened resulting IRCC to react that way.
as you say "Something must have happened" is how wild theories are created

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
as you say "Something must have happened" is how wild theories are created
Well that's not our fault is it? Had IRCC be more transparent and be held accountable on their actions, there wouldn't be any wild theories.

Better yet, if they hire a third party as an ombudsman to follow up on any hold ups, unresponsive to enquiries, unjust...whatever you like you call it, this forum may even die off.

Reactions: nabd1 and Rasha