+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International Student points CIC should scrap FSWP stream

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
Suppose my uncle is in canada and he is my father's brother. My father is 60 yrs of age with basic english and never went to canada. And he gets 600 points for it. What will he do in canada if he becomes PR he will take the benifits of senior citizen without working which will further burden canadian economy. That is not economic immigration. Thats why they wanted to get RId of LMIA because lots of applicants are frauding the system and lots of high skilled workers not gets in because of cooks and chefs.

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
2017 will be the year for international graduates, francophones and siblings. That s the way things look like. Huge points will be given to them, the convervaties had the EE with their rules, now the liberals will have their own rules. And we in the pool are they ones who suffer. That's what 'up.

hi_canada

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
fatani said:
Suppose my uncle is in canada and he is my father's brother. My father is 60 yrs of age with basic english and never went to canada. And he gets 600 points for it. What will he do in canada if he becomes PR he will take the benifits of senior citizen without working which will further burden canadian economy. That is not economic immigration. Thats why they wanted to get RId of LMIA because lots of applicants are frauding the system and lots of high skilled workers not gets in because of cooks and chefs.
You are painting a very gloomy picture for siblings and making it sure that they are old and unskilled. Many siblings might be be just 10 points behind or CEO of any company. At the age of 45, a sibling might be running a company.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
betty44 said:
2017 will be the year for international graduates, francophones and siblings. That s the way things look like. Huge points will be given to them, the convervaties had the EE with their rules, now the liberals will have their own rules. And we in the pool are they ones who suffer. That's what 'up.
There's still 0 evidence that this is definitely going to be implemented, or that it has really been discussed by the government. If the points keep heading down then anyone with good/great English and/or French skills will get points. Maybe an extra 50 points for education obtained in Canada, sure. That will compensate hugely for a students lack of work experience but also required them to have great language skills. If they are able to drop points to ~400 then there is no reason to make anymore changes.

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fatani said:
to be in the pool you need at least CLB 7as a skilled worker. to me that s intermediate english, again this gorven is run by someone with very high familiy values, and he said since day one family will be part of economi immigration, they even have a new announcement that states spouses will get PR right away instead of waiting 2 years, theses spouses may have no english or french knowledge but the liberal wants them

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
Well even now intl students having masters and 1 yr of canadian exp and CLB 9-10 English will still get 450-500 points or even more whats the point of whining for extra points if you guys cant get more points in english or work exp

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
This thread seems to suggest that all these things were not taken into consideration during the YEARS they planned EE.

Look, someone with passable English and 0 work experience isn't going to get 600 points and instant ITA because their sister lives in Canada.
A student who studied 1 year in Canada won't get 600 points over a 30 yr old worker with 5 years experience otherwise applications to Canadian schools will exploade and THAT whole system will have to be redone.
If the points keep going down then the students or people with family who have separate skills and are around ~400 Crs will get the chance.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
fatani said:
Well even now intl students having masters and 1 yr of canadian exp and CLB 9-10 English will still get 450-500 points or even more whats the point of whining for extra points if you guys cant get more points in english or work exp

EXACTLY!!!

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
There's still 0 evidence that this is definitely going to be implemented, or that it has really been discussed by the government. If the points keep heading down then anyone with good/great English and/or French skills will get points. Maybe an extra 50 points for education obtained in Canada, sure. That will compensate hugely for a students lack of work experience but also required them to have great language skills. If they are able to drop points to ~400 then there is no reason to make anymore changes.
just telling people to be prepared, every government has its preferences, this is no a new thing if you have followed the canadian immigration system for a while.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
betty44 said:
just telling people to be prepared, every government has its preferences, this is no a new thing if you have followed the canadian immigration system for a while.
There's theories about Game Of Thrones that have been talked about for a while that have not happened, and that's been on air for almost 5 years.

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think people here are assuming that Gov. will just add more points to Int'l students and that will give disadvantage to FSW applicants but as per my understanding that's not what minister suggested. All they said that they will resolve the issues Int'l students are facing as part of express entry where they have to be ranked in the same pool with people far more experience then recent grads.

Based on the report from Parliament suggestion is to decouple Canadian Experience Class from Express Entry and have separate stream for Int'l Students / CEC applicants. How and when we don't know.

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
betty44 said:
to be in the pool you need at least CLB 7as a skilled worker. to my that s intermediate english, again this gorven is run by someone with very high familiy values, and he said since day one family will be part of economi immigration, they even have a new announcement that states spouses will get PR right away instead of waiting 2 years, theses spouses may have no english or french knowledge but the liberal wants them
A 60 yr old person will have 30-35 yrs of exp and can improve his english to CLB 7. But he is in his retireing age without 600 points he will not able to get 300 points. And if he goes with it that is taking the place of young well educated CLB 10 english person who can contribute to canadian economy. Rather than taking the social age benifits from canada.

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
This thread seems to suggest that all these things were not taken into consideration during the YEARS they planned EE.

Look, someone with passable English and 0 work experience isn't going to get 600 points and instant ITA because their sister lives in Canada.
A student who studied 1 year in Canada won't get 600 points over a 30 yr old worker with 5 years experience otherwise applications to Canadian schools will exploade and THAT whole system will have to be redone.
If the points keep going down then the students or people with family who have separate skills and are around ~400 Crs will get the chance.
we said the same thing in jan. 1 2015, that one group of people should not get more cuz this and that and look what happen, many people will people will complain with the new changes but we will have to deal with them untill canada has a new government

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
betty44 said:
we said the same thing in jan. 1 2015, that one group of people should not get more cuz this and that and look what happen, many people will people will complain with the new changes but we will have to deal with them untill canada has a new government
But the system is the same now as before. There's CEC and FSW and FST. Just now it's standardised. It's actually fairer, now. And I don't even have an ITA yet!

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
simplynd2804 said:
I think people here are assuming that Gov. will just add more points to Int'l students and that will give disadvantage to FSW applicants but as per my understanding that's not what minister suggested. All they said that they will resolve the issues Int'l students are facing as part of express entry where they have to be ranked in the same pool with people far more experience then recent grads.

Based on the report from Parliament suggestion is to decouple Canadian Experience Class from Express Entry and have separate stream for Int'l Students / CEC applicants. How and when we don't know.
Well that is my point that you just cant keep all of them in one pool and gift hundereds of bonus points to intl students and siblings. People here were crying for LMIA also that lot of people who dont have 300 points on human capital still lends a job of cooks and other type of jobs gets LMIA and become PR because they were taking the place of a person who deserves more than them.