+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International Student points CIC should scrap FSWP stream

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
hi_canada said:
Its a big decision to be an international student. That's why they are being awarded.
So they should not be mixed with FSW. There should be some seperate stream for them in which they compete with each other for being the best intl student.

hi_canada

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Well i m gonna show you an excerpt from CERP:

August 10, 2016
Changes being considered to the Express Entry System include:
• Arranged employment (both the level of points and requirements); • A significant reduction in points awarded to candidates with offers of arranged employment, which would no longer guarantee an invitation while still significantly increasing the chance of being invited;
• Exempting certain candidates from the requirement to validate their offers of arranged employment with Labour Market Impact Assessments; • Facilitate more offers of arranged employment for candidates who are exempt from needing to obtain an LMIA for temporary purposes, including those on work permits pursuant to international agreements, or who bring significant benefit to Canada (e.g. Intra-company transferees, distinguished researchers, etc.); and,
• Facilitate offers of arranged employment to candidates in contract-based positions, benefiting some occupations in high-tech and tenure-track professors.

• Changing the job duration requirement from “indeterminate” to “one year”.

• Canadian study experience; • Providing ‘bonus’ points to candidates with Canadian educational credentials, in addition to the base points that candidates receive for their level of education.
• Providing a higher level of points to candidates with higher level Canadian credentials.

• Candidates with siblings in Canada; • Providing ‘bonus’ points for candidates with siblings in Canada. (This is a firm commitment )

• French-speaking candidates who intend to settle outside Québec; • Providing ‘bonus’ points to French-speaking candidates who intend to settle outside Québec; and,
• Providing a higher level of points to French-speaking candidates with better English proficiency.

• Candidates with experience in some semi-skilled (i.e. National Occupational Classification skill type C) occupations • Creating a new program, or modifying an existing program, to provide a federal pathway to permanent residence for semi-skilled workers, in addition to existing provincial pathways; and,
• Modifying minimum entry criteria for Express Entry to include candidates qualifying for the program in question.

Ok now you can analyse.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi_canada said:
Its a big decision to be an international student. That's why they are being awarded.
It is a big decision to buy a house as well.
It is a big decision to buy a company.

None of the actions mentioned above will give you additional points for EE.
But in some cases you can meet criteria for business streams in some provincial options (for like 500k + investments).

The average students investments in this country investments are way way way below that.

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
Elrud said:
Wrong; Actually I was shocked to see many Canadians English-French bilingual; I thought they were anglophone but at a point they were speaking French.

French is disappearing because of immigration and the government wants to fix that.
Go to wikipedia and check some history about canada and facts. Canada is majority an english speaking country apart from QUEBEC that is the only reason QUEBEC has its own immigration targets and policy. QUEBEC behaves well with a person who can speak french rather than english. QUEBEC in its immigration program gives huge points to applicants who can speak french either as first language or a second if you have CLB 9-10 French you get huge points. And even if you have CLB 9-10 English you cant get points in quebec program like it gives you for french. In quebec only french speaking persons can get good jobs and recognition. But still federal is equal with both french and english. If you have french CLB 9-10 as a first language you get same amount of points as you have english CLB 9-10 as a first language and it is as fair as it can get so why people want more points for french if they want to immigrate as a french apply in quebec program or ontario french stream. Why they want to change everything just because of their personal gains and not thinking about canada as a country.

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, all these things are not new; they were disclosed in July/August on CERC website and Refocusing Express Entry slide. Why people are expressing their views now?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
hi_canada said:

August 10, 2016
• Arranged employment (both the level of points and requirements); • A significant reduction in points awarded to candidates with offers of arranged employment, which would no longer guarantee an invitation while still significantly increasing the chance of being invited;
• Exempting certain candidates from the requirement to validate their offers of arranged employment with Labour Market Impact Assessments; • Facilitate more offers of arranged employment for candidates who are exempt from needing to obtain an LMIA for temporary purposes, including those on work permits pursuant to international agreements, or who bring significant benefit to Canada (e.g. Intra-company transferees, distinguished researchers, etc.); and,
• Facilitate offers of arranged employment to candidates in contract-based positions, benefiting some occupations in high-tech and tenure-track professors.

• Canadian study experience; • Providing ‘bonus’ points to candidates with Canadian educational credentials, in addition to the base points that candidates receive for their level of education.
• Providing a higher level of points to candidates with higher level Canadian credentials.

• Candidates with siblings in Canada; • Providing ‘bonus’ points for candidates with siblings in Canada. (This is a firm commitment )

• French-speaking candidates who intend to settle outside Québec; • Providing ‘bonus’ points to French-speaking candidates who intend to settle outside Québec; and,
• Providing a higher level of points to French-speaking candidates with better English proficiency.

• Candidates with experience in some semi-skilled (i.e. National Occupational Classification skill type C) occupations • Creating a new program, or modifying an existing program, to provide a federal pathway to permanent residence for semi-skilled workers, in addition to existing provincial pathways; and,
• Modifying minimum entry criteria for Express Entry to include candidates qualifying for the program in question.

Ok now you can analyse.
Can you provide a link please to an IRCC page for this?

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fatani said:
Go to wikipedia and check some history about canada and facts. Canada is majority an english speaking country apart from QUEBEC that is the only reason QUEBEC has its own immigration targets and policy. QUEBEC behaves well with a person who can speak french rather than english. QUEBEC in its immigration program gives huge points to applicants who can speak french either as first language or a second if you have CLB 9-10 French you get huge points. And even if you have CLB 9-10 English you cant get points in quebec program like it gives you for french. In quebec only french speaking persons can get good jobs and recognition. But still federal is equal with both french and english. If you have french CLB 9-10 as a first language you get same amount of points as you have english CLB 9-10 as a first language and it is as fair as it can get so why people want more points for french if they want to immigrate as a french apply in quebec program or ontario french stream. Why they want to change everything just because of their personal gains and not thinking about canada as a country.
The only official language in Québec is French; that's why it is like this.

On the federal side, both English and French are the official language of Canada. Obviously, the same amount of points should have been awarded for 2nd official language under express entry which is federal.

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi_canada said:

August 10, 2016

Ok now you can analyse.
very nice buddy, I have a brother in canada, at no point we siblings have pushed and sign petitions to get additional points but still the liberals think we deserve them additional points. This is to clarify that it does not mattet how much this may upset people but the liberals want it that way. People may what s why? I say:talk to the liberals

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
betty44 said:
very nice buddy, I have a brother in canada, at no point we sublings have pushed and sign petitions to get additional points but still the liberals think we deserve them additional points. This is to clarify that it does not mattet how much this may upset people but the liberals want it that way. People may what s why? I say:talk to the liberals
You have some serious issues with the liberals, don't you?

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
hi_canada said:
And it is a big big big big decision to leave your job house and savings in current country and move to canada. Even bigger decision than to become intl student. Intl student if fails can get a job in his/her country of origin. And mainly a student is a dependent. And it is their free will to remain in their country of origin nobody sticks a gun on their shoulder to become intl student. And why canada they also have the choice to go anywhere like UK,USA,AUS,NZL.

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
betty44 said:
very nice buddy, I have a brother in canada, at no point we sublings have pushed and sign petitions to get additional points but still the liberals think we deserve them additional points. This is to clarify that it does not mattet how much this may upset people but the liberals want it that way. People may what s why? I say:talk to the liberals
Correct; the same thing for French, no one (non-Canadian citizen/PR) has pushed to get additional points and I did not see petition so far for this category.

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
You have some serious issues with the liberals, don't you?
ohhh buddy, i love them, they are about to give me additional points for having a sibling in canada I couldnt be more greatful :-* god bless the liberals.

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
I think there should be no extra points for intl students. Because they choose to go to abroad they are not forced to do so. So why asking for reward every student who becomes intl student go for a purpose of study in a reputable university. Not for taking a PR. And they have good universities in their home countries as well its their choice that they go abroad nobody forces them. And a student is bound to leave after completion of studies. Lots of students go to malaysia, UAE and other countries in which there are no immigration system but still they go there because of their own will of getting better education.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
betty44 said:
ohhh buddy, i love them, they are about to give me additional points for having a sibling in canada I couldnt be more greatful :-* god bless the liberals.

NOW it makes sense.

Can't get there off your own skills but can on the back of someone else.