+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International Student points CIC should scrap FSWP stream

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
hi_canada said:
Canadian siblings have psychological advantage and familiarity with Canadian culture mostly, forget about experience.
How if they have never went to canada. My aunt is in Canada but my mother know nothing about canada.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
I loved how we are discussing this as if our opinions make any difference. Something may change, nothing may change.

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fatani said:
Again baseless logic. Lots of student in the world want to study in canada because of the quality of education not because they will get PR for guarantee. UK does not give PR to students but still lots of them go to UK. And student visa is given with the condition that student will leave the country after completion of his/her study.
Number of Int'l Students in UK is getting lesser every year compare to Country like Canada, NZ etc.. Students that come to Canada for study are mostly coming here with a goal of settling and getting Canadian Citizenship. Also Canadian student visa comes with a guarantee of PGWP if you finish your education successfully. 90% of Int'l Students coming to Canada from developing country have only one path in mind Degree --> PGWP --> PR. Only 10% student that comes from well developed country thinks about going back.

Another reason for providing more points to student is having stayed and studied in Country they understand culture and country better. Some of the high demand jobs in canada also require canadian education which person landing as FSW immigrant won't be able to provide.

And again i will say this more points to student benefits country and gov. more then individual receiving points.

hi_canada

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
A Canadian bridegroom is compelled, a Canadian dad is compelled a canadian sister would want her sibling to live in Canada, a Candian student want to live there. A normal FSW candidate is not compelled he can go USA, Australia etc. That is the difference, why students are demanding, why siblings want to see their parents and family members in Canada because they dont want any option else than Canada.

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Most new immigrants in 2017 will be international graduates, french people and siblings. I dont know what will happen to the rest but the changes will only benefit that group pf people the rest will remain with the same score, points for siblings could reach the 100or more, read the liberal plan for immigration in 2015

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
kryt0n said:
I loved how we are discussing this as if our opinions make any difference. Something may change, nothing may change.
I think if they will allot 25-50 bonus points it should be OK. Otherwise if they are going to give 600 for siblings and 200-300 to students than they should say Bye bye to FSW applicants with no canadian connections. Does not matter how educated young and experienced they are and how good they have english language. And how much canadian students are qualified or how old are the people with canadian siblings with less work exp and basic level of english.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fatani said:
How if they have never went to canada. My aunt is in Canada but my mother know nothing about canada.
Exactly that is what it is. Just because your Brother, sister, aunt or cousin live in place xy, does not mean that:
1. You know anything about that place
2. You have any current real connections with that person
3. The person cares at all about you or wants to help you to establish there.

It means:
1. you have much closer genetics traits because of comming from closer bloodline
And that is all.

So my opinion is - if you want to claim advantage, the other person should be also ready to give you that advantage - to take care of your first steps in new country. (If I want general advice about life in Canada and such, all I need is internet and to ask around. I do not need for the person advicing me to be blood relative in a first place).

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
hi_canada said:
A Canadian bridegroom is compelled, a Canadian dad is compelled a canadian sister would want her sibling to live in Canada, a Candian student want to live there. A normal FSW candidate is not compelled he can go USA, Australia etc. That is the difference, why students are demanding, why siblings want to see their parents and family members in Canada because they dont want any option else than Canada.
I used my 2 year working holiday to visit Canada. After experiencing Canada and paying taxes and experiencing the culture I am compelled to move there. The whole point of experience Canada is to test it out. Do I get a head start then??

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
fatani said:
I think if they will allot 25-50 bonus points it should be OK. Otherwise if they are going to give 600 for siblings and 200-300 to students than they should say Bye bye to FSW applicants with no canadian connections. Does not matter how educated young and experienced they are and how good they have english language. And how much canadian students are qualified or how old are the people with canadian siblings with less work exp and basic level of english.
That kind of huge shift in points would have to be discussed for months before being implemented.

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Elrud said:
Many immigrants with foreign qualifications cannot apply for jobs in their occupation once they landed in Canada. They need to requalify which takes time, especially in regulated profession.

That's why they want those with Canadian qualification who can start applying for jobs/start their initial career once landed/getting PR.
cuz international graduates had a clear pathway immigration before EE. The liberals only promised points for siblings and comitted to attrack francophones, but then internationals students said: what about us? Ect... And voila now they are going to give them more points, students have been all over the immigration minister regarding this situation since day one.

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
hi_canada said:
If they want to see them they can go to canada with a valid visa. Its only they want to see them they should become PR. What will my brother do in canada if I am in canada. And it means if a person from a family immigrated to Canada all brothers,sisters,uncles,aunts parents grand parents should have the right to immigrate? That is not called economic immigration if they open new stream like they have for parents and grand parents then it should be okay.

hi_canada

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
fatani said:
As per my analysis, the siblings and the francophones are very less in numbers (5-10% of total) and they wont make any change in the score after few initial draws. The whole game changing factor may be the point allocation to former students and they are in hundreds of thousands in number (300,000 every year admission)

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fatani said:
the liberals expressed their government will be about family reunification so dont be surprise when you read that siblings will get addidtions 600 points.

hi_canada

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
fatani said:
If they want to see them they can go to canada with a valid visa. Its only they want to see them they should become PR. What will my brother do in canada if I am in canada. And it means if a person from a family immigrated to Canada all brothers,sisters,uncles,aunts parents grand parents should have the right to immigrate? That is not called economic immigration if they open new stream like they have for parents and grand parents then it should be okay.
They are talking about siblings not other relatives (cousin, uncle...etc). Like Trudeau said USA and Canada are siblings while he visited USA. That is the difference.