+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International Student points CIC should scrap FSWP stream

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
kryt0n said:
If anything I would like to see anyone with family members already in Canada getting fast tracked.

Being apart from your family is more important than believing because you threw money at a Canadian University that you should get priority.
Yes they should make extra category for siblings if they have to give them huge amount of points. And give limited points to intl students.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Elrud said:
For some provinces, it is the case that throwing money at university will get you PR. Federal can copy from that.

Throwing money does not award you the qualification; you need to study hard and north american universities are very tough.

When I study in UK at a top tier university, it was a joke with easy entrance requirement with no admission exam and only A-levels grade A/A+ suffice; in UK you can almost buy education. In Canada, it is completely different; I had a difficult time but you really learn. Also, the entrance requirement is strict and recruitment is very small although they have lots of spaces, unlike the UK where lecture room are crowded. The quality and standard is high in north america, unlike the UK.

Good to know.

As much as I hate Brexit lets hope that one of the changes we do make is a huge restriction on non UK students, then. It's already £9000 a year.

hi_canada

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Canadian govt keeps changing the immigration policy based on the requirement. If it wants more young people it gives less number to old aged people, if it wants experienced people than more number is awarded for experience and the age. for instance, the 45 yr old guy used to get maximum points before 2014 with 6 years work experience. Now they want family reunification, so they increased the quota for them and promising to give more points to siblings. It is their priority and they plan based on that. They are not compelled to take a particular age segment or trade etc. They can do what they want. My opinion is based on the papers and the documents published by the government or the related agencies.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
As someone mentioned earlier, they should have it as a separate stream like how they have for parents and grand parents with a cap. I am not sure what is the logic behind combining them in skilled immigration.

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
Elrud said:
Because it is copied partially not fully as they more likely inspire from that; now they realize that; there are still major issues which should have been copied!
Lol what a baseless logics you are giving. If they wanted to copy it they should have copied it fully. And there is difference between nzl and Canada. Canadian immigrations target are lot higher then nzl how you are comparing Canada and nzl. Canada is 2nd largest country in terms of area nzl is nowhere near canada. Look at the economy of Canada and nzl Canadian economy is 7th largest in the world and now is slowing down to only 1% growth. They cant just complete their targets with siblings and students. Nzl are not facing any such problems. Before comparing get your facts and knowledge correct.

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DEEPCUR said:
As someone mentioned earlier, they should have it as a separate stream like how they have for parents and grand parents with a cap. I am not sure what is the logic behind combining them in skilled immigration.
Will the parents and grandparents get PR or only a visitor visa?

Those who will get bonus points for siblings are considered as skilled as they are already eligible in the pool; only that they are not getting ITA because of insufficient points.

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
I'm still confused why international students should get more points.

I could have done my education in Canada if it wasn't for the cost. You're essentially BUYING the extra points.
It's not buying extra point. It's something that helps Canadian economy. If the current situation remains same, then Student will continue to struggle to obtain PR. This will directly result in decline number of international student coming to Canada for study. Meaning less income in terms of fees and also more pressure being put by University and Colleges on Gov. Company also gets talented individuals on less payroll in terms of international student compare to hiring person who already has PR.

In summary, by providing more points to Int'l Students Gov actually helping themselves and Canadian economy rather then helping Student.

hi_canada

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
@DEEPCUR
All the siblings have more than 67 points out of 100 points, which would have enabled them to become a PR before express entry. Now, they are lagging behind because of some reason or other. Don't you think this express entry system gives additional points to those getting PNP PR or job, so why not for being a brother or sister. All the governments promote the affiliation be it a relative or education or work experience, because they want to retain the people in their country to have better immigration success rate.

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fatani said:
Lol what a baseless logics you are giving. If they wanted to copy it they should have copied it fully. And there is difference between nzl and Canada. Canadian immigrations target are lot higher then nzl how you are comparing Canada and nzl. Canada is 2nd largest country in terms of area nzl is nowhere near canada. Look at the economy of Canada and nzl Canadian economy is 7th largest in the world and now is slowing down to only 1% growth. They cant just complete their targets with siblings and students. Nzl are not facing any such problems. Before comparing get your facts and knowledge correct.
Well, I never gave this opinion with specificity like you did. I mentioned they inspire from that. Concerning recognition of credential, Canada is tough as compared to Australia...

If foreign qualification is recognized in Canada, then why you cannot practice as a doctor, lawyer... but rather had to go through a complicated process with the respective regulatory body. Also, why are foreign doctors driving taxis?

That's why they what immigrants with Canadian credentials to avoid this problem.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Elrud said:
Will the parents and grandparents get PR or only a visitor visa?

Those who will get bonus points for siblings are considered as skilled as they are already eligible in the pool; only that they are not getting ITA because of insufficient points.
How does having a Canadian sibling increase their skill level? What is the rationale behind combining family and skilled immigration? Providing points to students for their education makes most sense, because they are best suited for Canada's job market due to their Canadian education. But not sure how sibling fits in there.

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
simplynd2804 said:
It's not buying extra point. It's something that helps Canadian economy. If the current situation remains same, then Student will continue to struggle to obtain PR. This will directly result in decline number of international student coming to Canada for study. Meaning less income in terms of fees and also more pressure being put by University and Colleges on Gov. Company also gets talented individuals on less payroll in terms of international student compare to hiring person who already has PR.

In summary, by providing more points to Int'l Students Gov actually helping themselves and Canadian economy rather then helping Student.
Again baseless logic. Lots of student in the world want to study in canada because of the quality of education not because they will get PR for guarantee. UK does not give PR to students but still lots of them go to UK. And student visa is given with the condition that student will leave the country after completion of his/her study.

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DEEPCUR said:
How does having a Canadian sibling increase their skill level? What is the rationale behind combining family and skilled immigration? Providing points to students for their education makes most sense, because they are best suited for Canada's job market due to their Canadian education. But not sure how sibling fits in there.
That's what I was thinking too but in fact everyone in the pool have the skills as they had to pass the eligibility in order to remain in the pool. The issue with Express Entry is that it is a lottery system which selects only those with the highest CRS.

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fatani said:
Again baseless logic. Lots of student in the world want to study in canada because of the quality of education not because they will get PR for guarantee. UK does not give PR to students but still lots of them go to UK. And student visa is given with the condition that student will leave the country after completion of his/her study.
Many go to UK because it is very easy to get a student visa, in one day you get it as compared to 2-4 months for Canada.

Also the entrance requirements is lenient in UK.

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
Elrud said:
Well, I never gave this opinion with specificity like you did. I mentioned they inspire from that. Concerning recognition of credential, Canada is tough as compared to Australia...

If foreign qualification is recognized in Canada, then why you cannot practice as a doctor, lawyer... but rather had to go through a complicated process with the respective regulatory body. Also, why are foreign doctors driving taxis?

That's why they what immigrants with Canadian credentials to avoid this problem.
Well canada should look what they want rather than focusing on other countries because every country has its own policy and needs.

hi_canada

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
DEEPCUR said:
Canadian siblings have psychological advantage and familiarity with Canadian culture mostly, forget about experience.