May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Milen said:
Hi... I applied last July 2014 and received my AOR last August, me and my husband just move out own place only the first week of November. As I couldn't find yet my status online, as they said not yet on process. Is anyone knows how to change current address if application is not yet on process? Please need some help. And also, I am in a working permit status, and will get visa extension before it expire. Is it possible to travel out of country and come back once I already extend my visa which is we are planning to get a visitors visa.

Thank you in advance.
People get mails on the old address even after confirming several times the new address with CIC, so I would suggest the Canada Post mail forwarding service just to be safe.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
sophieee said:
People get mails on the old address even after confirming several times the new address with CIC, so I would suggest the Canada Post mail forwarding service just to be safe.
Having a forwarding address service may be futile. Mail from CIC will have a note on mail not to forward mail to new address.

Screech339

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
screech339 said:
Having a forwarding address service may be futile. Mail from CIC will have a note on mail not to forward mail to new address.

Screech339
Oh, I didn't know that, thank you. Than I guess there is nothing to do when you move, just hope that CIC won't mess up with your addresses.

Sophia_N

Nov 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 14, 2014
AOR Received.
Oct 20, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Is it just me or is it virtually impossible to get through to CIC? Everything about this process makes me want to write strongly worded letters.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sophia_N said:
Is it just me or is it virtually impossible to get through to CIC? Everything about this process makes me want to write strongly worded letters.
Nope, it's not just you. ;)

Oh...and I saw that someone in the UK thread was approved in only 50 days (total)!

That's amazing!!

Sophia_N

Nov 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 14, 2014
AOR Received.
Oct 20, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Ponga said:
Nope, it's not just you. ;)

Oh...and I saw that someone in the UK thread was approved in only 50 days (total)!

That's amazing!!
It is amazing, although I don't think such luck is reserved for me! Inland it is.

And no seriously, it is impossible. They don't have a queue system?? Wowza

RokijWayro

Jul 20, 2014
Hi,

We received our package back (inland) as incomplete, saying that we must submit the spouse questionnaire (IMM5285), but our package contains that form, and it is signed.
Does anyone know what could be the issue?
What kind of delay can we expect because of this?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
RokijWayro said:
Hi,

We received our package back (inland) as incomplete, saying that we must submit the spouse questionnaire (IMM5285), but our package contains that form, and it is signed.
Does anyone know what could be the issue?
What kind of delay can we expect because of this?
I'm sorry about that... Did you send it a long time ago?
If the complete package was sent back that means that it will count as a brand new application when CIC receive it again, your time will start from that day.
Make sure to check that you are sending the most recent forms even the day you are sending the package. The most common issue why CIC can send back an application is due to outdated forms.

One more thing: I don't know where are you from but it might be a good time to consider applying outland.

Good luck!

novembre2013

Star Member
Sep 1, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
Sophia_N said:
hahaha +1 ;D

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
sophieee said:
I'm sorry about that... Did you send it a long time ago?
If the complete package was sent back that means that it will count as a brand new application when CIC receive it again, your time will start from that day.
Make sure to check that you are sending the most recent forms even the day you are sending the package. The most common issue why CIC can send back an application is due to outdated forms.

One more thing: I don't know where are you from but it might be a good time to consider applying outland.

Good luck!
If they asked you to resubmit the forum on specific date; this means that your app will be processed as it was received on first place.
If they sent back the application, mistakenly, just make sure to mail it back, confirm all the forums are up to date, with a letter explaining that the forum was signed and dated and everything is right, and that you request that your application to be back to its order.

Diva Diva

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
Ok so we submitted our application today but unfortunately we forgot to put in sponsor's notice of assessment. 2hrs later we remembered and went to the post office unfortunatelt it was too late. So we sent it again putting an explanatory note in it. The police certificate in it expires in a month time. Do you think they'll accept it and not return it as an incomplete package

Sophia_N

Nov 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 14, 2014
AOR Received.
Oct 20, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Guys is there really no other way to get in touch with CIC? I've been trying to call for a week and a half but have had no luck what so ever. I need to know whether or not my medical examination that I had for the sponsorship application can be used for my visitor extension (I have a copy of the sheet they gave me after the exam to prove I had it)

I have been told on here that I can, but I sort of wanted that confirmed before I apply for my extension. Aaaah

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Diva Diva said:
Ok so we submitted our application today but unfortunately we forgot to put in sponsor's notice of assessment. 2hrs later we remembered and went to the post office unfortunatelt it was too late. So we sent it again putting an explanatory note in it. The police certificate in it expires in a month time. Do you think they'll accept it and not return it as an incomplete package
It's going to be a miracle if CIC matches the Option C with your application.

Since you will not have a file number or UCI number yet, they will probably receive the Option C (which is what I hope you mean by `notice of assessment', because they are NOT the same thing) and have no idea who you are and which application it belongs to.

Good luck!

marcyb25

Oct 7, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
AOR Received.
10-10-2014
Call them at exactly 9:00 am

Sophia_N said:
Guys is there really no other way to get in touch with CIC? I've been trying to call for a week and a half but have had no luck what so ever. I need to know whether or not my medical examination that I had for the sponsorship application can be used for my visitor extension (I have a copy of the sheet they gave me after the exam to prove I had it)

I have been told on here that I can, but I sort of wanted that confirmed before I apply for my extension. Aaaah

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Diva Diva said:
Your application won't be returned because of a missing Option C, but your husband can't be approved without that. Once you have file number and UCI send the Option C again, you will have plenty of time :p