+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

cindyxinxin

Sep 3, 2013
Hello Everyone,

I have some questions about health card renewal.
I current have a health card since I am working under work permit. It expires around September 2016.
I landed on April 18 in Etobicoke.

My question is
1. Should I renew my health card now with COPR letter? Or wait for the letter for renewal?
2. Will there still be a 3 months waiting time?

Thank you very much

JsHj

Apr 22, 2016
Hi~ Guys~

I just want to share my timeline!!

Aug 20, 2014 - Application received

Mar 28, 2015 - Correspondence

Mar 23, 2016 - SA

Mar 23, 2016 - AIP

Mar 24, 2016 - DM

Apr 28, 2016 - Landing (Etobicoke)

Boudz

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
AOR Received.
06-02-2015
Med's Request
7-03-2016
Med's Done....
9-03-2016
Interview........
12-05-2016
Hey guys I just got this email, does anyone know what this step is called? Is this DM? When do you think my interview will be?

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Calgary will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.
IMPORTANT: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration Centre at your appointment. A final
decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Boudz said:
Hey guys I just got this email, does anyone know what this step is called? Is this DM? When do you think my interview will be?

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Calgary will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.
IMPORTANT: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration Centre at your appointment. A final
decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents.
Yes, it's your DM letter. Congratulations!

Boudz

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
AOR Received.
06-02-2015
Med's Request
7-03-2016
Med's Done....
9-03-2016
Interview........
12-05-2016
Ponga said:
Yes, it's your DM letter. Congratulations!
Thank you so much! I can't wait for all this to be over and done with. My concern is that I have plans to visit my brother in the US for one week at the end of July, do you think I will get my PR card by then?

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
screech339 said:
Yes you can. DM is the next stage after AIP stage. If Ontario service denies you your OHIP, you can try to go to another ontario service location. If they still deny you, you must submit an appeal to OHIP review board. You don't need to "trick" anyone as somebody suggests. You have a right to apply for OHIP.

We were denied OHIP because AIP was an email, not a physical letter from CIC. We appealed to review board and gotten OHIP. You need to follow through on an appeal if you get denied.

"Tricking" them implies you are trying to get OHIP when you were not qualified for it in the first place.
According to Health Ontario themselves, you qualify once you have established your residence in Ontario.

According to some definitions this means "permanent residence", but the word used is "residence".

A friend of mine went to Service Ontario the day after submitting the PR application, was turned away, then he wrote a formal letter of appeal contesting the use of the word "residence" vs "permanent residence" which took about 2 months to get addressed, but the result was that they got OHIP 3 months after applying for PR. In that case, I don't think it was right that he got it so fast, but then again, what really is not right is that it takes so ridiculously long in the first place. He got OHIP before me even though I applied nearly 2 years before him. Par for the course. He tricked them somehow.

The corollary is my example, even with all the right paperwork the imbeciles sitting behind the desks didn't want to give us what we came for, for the simple reason that they were too dumb to know they were supposed to. They were just too dumb. Couldn't connect the dots.
Couldn't line up the square peg with the square hole.

So, I had to get them to do what they didn't want to do, not by teaching them anything, because they are unteachable lazy government workers, but by tricking them into doing what they should have done.

So yes, you can just "trick them" into giving you OHIP. Presumably this is normal.
Sometimes you deserve what you're tricking someone into giving you.

A puppy doesn't want to take it's flea medication, so you trick the puppy by hiding its medicine in a treat. It's the same thing.
The puppy is still being tricked, even though it's supposed to take the medicine.
Why the verbiage offends you so much, so repeatedly, is beyond me.
Would it be better to use the word "fight" or "convince" instead of "trick"?

The system is stupid, don't be offended that I shed light on the fact that occasionally you need to trick someone into doing what they supposed to be doing in the first place.

I'm not sure what kind of maneuver will finally result in the delivery of our PR card, presumably it will require an entire magic show worth of tricks to get them to send us that piece of plastic.

tuscanysun

Apr 27, 2016
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and would like to ask for your help. Here is my timeline --

Sponsor
We received your application to sponsor *** on November 26, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 30, 2015.
We started processing your application on September 29, 2015.

Applicant
We received ***'s application for permanent residence on November 26, 2014.
Medical results have been received. (Medical exam done on March 22, 2016).

According to your experience, how much longer would I need to wait for DM and Landing Interview? The problem is that I am having some dental issues and need to go back to my home country to get the treatment. What happens if I leave Canada and then get the DM and landing interview request? The key is how much longer do I need to wait, approximately? If it is 1-2 months more, I could wait. Any suggestion would be highly appreciated!

p.s. An additional question: when I applied for PR in Nov 2014, I just arrived in Canada with visitor visa and thus did not need to submit a police clearance record from Canada. Now that I have lived in Canada for 1.5 year, would CIC require me to submit it? Would that cause further delay? Thanks again!

Eik2coth

Apr 12, 2015
Hi,

We got an email that a decision was made on our application and that we will be contacted to finalize the application.
How long does it usually take after DM to be contacted for the appointment?

Thanks.

annakrystyna13

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Eik2coth said:
Hi,

We got an email that a decision was made on our application and that we will be contacted to finalize the application.
How long does it usually take after DM to be contacted for the appointment?

Thanks.
Depending on the visa office, it could take anywhere from a week to a month.
Let us know where you are landing so that people from that city can respond.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
GustavesF said:
According to Health Ontario themselves, you qualify once you have established your residence in Ontario.

According to some definitions this means "permanent residence", but the word used is "residence".

A friend of mine went to Service Ontario the day after submitting the PR application, was turned away, then he wrote a formal letter of appeal contesting the use of the word "residence" vs "permanent residence" which took about 2 months to get addressed, but the result was that they got OHIP 3 months after applying for PR. In that case, I don't think it was right that he got it so fast, but then again, what really is not right is that it takes so ridiculously long in the first place. He got OHIP before me even though I applied nearly 2 years before him. Par for the course. He tricked them somehow.

The corollary is my example, even with all the right paperwork the imbeciles sitting behind the desks didn't want to give us what we came for, for the simple reason that they were too dumb to know they were supposed to. They were just too dumb. Couldn't connect the dots.
Couldn't line up the square peg with the square hole.

So, I had to get them to do what they didn't want to do, not by teaching them anything, because they are unteachable lazy government workers, but by tricking them into doing what they should have done.

So yes, you can just "trick them" into giving you OHIP. Presumably this is normal.
Sometimes you deserve what you're tricking someone into giving you.

A puppy doesn't want to take it's flea medication, so you trick the puppy by hiding its medicine in a treat. It's the same thing.
The puppy is still being tricked, even though it's supposed to take the medicine.
Why the verbiage offends you so much, so repeatedly, is beyond me.
Would it be better to use the word "fight" or "convince" instead of "trick"?

The system is stupid, don't be offended that I shed light on the fact that occasionally you need to trick someone into doing what they supposed to be doing in the first place.

I'm not sure what kind of maneuver will finally result in the delivery of our PR card, presumably it will require an entire magic show worth of tricks to get them to send us that piece of plastic.
So a visitor can get OHIP because he/she extended the 6 month visitor status beyond 6 months. Technically, by definition, a person staying in Canada more than 6 months is a deemed resident of Canada. So this person can now qualify for OHIP based on your definition of "residence" even though he/she has not submitted any PR application.

There is a difference between "permanence residence" and "residence". The rules are there. Either you qualified for PR processing or you are not. Once you are qualified for PR, only then you are qualified for OHIP. AIP, regular OWP and DM are proof of PR qualification. Pilot OWP do not prove applicant qualified for OHIP.

The puppy example is a poor example of tricking. The difference is that the puppy doesn't want it and you forced the puppy to have it. That is akin to a person doesn't want/apply for OHIP coverage and Ontario Service is tricking a person into OHIP. Not the same. So I rather use term fighting for it when qualified. Tricking is trying to get OHIP coverage before AIP stage (before applicant is qualified for PR).

pichratana

Feb 11, 2016
I just landing yesterday. Can anyone have any idea when should I get the pr card? Will I get it sooner than the processing time? Because I want to travel to my country.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
screech339 said:
So a visitor can get OHIP because he/she extended the 6 month visitor status beyond 6 months. Technically, by definition, a person staying in Canada more than 6 months is a deemed resident of Canada. So this person can now qualify for OHIP based on your definition of "residence" even though he/she has not submitted any PR application.

There is a difference between "permanence residence" and "residence". The rules are there. Either you qualified for PR processing or you are not. Once you are qualified for PR, only then you are qualified for OHIP. AIP, regular OWP and DM are proof of PR qualification. Pilot OWP do not prove applicant qualified for OHIP.
Great. Doesn't change the the reality of the situation.

screech339 said:
The puppy example is a poor example of tricking. The difference is that the puppy doesn't want it and you forced the puppy to have it. That is akin to a person doesn't want/apply for OHIP coverage and Ontario Service is tricking a person into OHIP. Not the same. So I rather use term fighting for it when qualified. Tricking is trying to get OHIP coverage before AIP stage (before applicant is qualified for PR).
No thanks, my metaphor, my rules.
In my metaphor: [puppy taking it's medicine] = [worker granting OHIP].
Puppy is supposed to, but puppy doesn't understand, and is scared of the medicine.
Worker is supposed to, but worker doesn't understand, and is completely incapable of learning their job.

They're too: stupid, lazy, incompetent, fill in the blank. They're all of that.
Trudeau might as well just delegate CIC's duties to a pod of narwhals.

You can use the word "fighting", I'm going to continue using "tricking" because it's more demeaning to the system.
The insinuation is that they are so stupid that they'd do their jobs better through externally induced accidents.

It sheds light on the circus of a ministry that this first world nation puts up with.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
GustavesF said:
Great. Doesn't change the the reality of the situation.

No thanks, my metaphor, my rules.
In my metaphor: [puppy taking it's medicine] = [worker granting OHIP].
Puppy is supposed to, but puppy doesn't understand, and is scared of the medicine.
Worker is supposed to, but worker doesn't understand, and is completely incapable of learning their job.

They're too: stupid, lazy, incompetent, fill in the blank. They're all of that.
Trudeau might as well just delegate CIC's duties to a pod of narwhals.

You can use the word "fighting", I'm going to continue using "tricking" because it's more demeaning to the system.
The insinuation is that they are so stupid that they'd do their jobs better through externally induced accidents.

It sheds light on the circus of a ministry that this first world nation puts up with.
I dont mind you "tricking" them into understanding the rules and enforcing it properly. That's not the same as "tricking" them into unintentionally bypassing the rules, ie giving OHIP to those who are not yet qualified for PR.

Here is a better example to your puppy metaphor.

Parents wanting 3 year old baby to get vaccination meant for 4-5 children for school. (worker on pilot owp wanting ohip but not qualified for PR). Sure it probably okay for the 3 year old baby to get vaccine shots meant for 4 years and up (odds of complications are very low) and thus for safety and liability reasons, the child must be at least 4 years old to get it. Akin in that applicant must be qualified for PR first before getting ohip even though odds are that worker on pilot owp become disqualified for PR is also low.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
screech339 said:
I dont mind you "tricking" them into understanding the rules and enforcing it properly. That's not the same as "tricking" them into unintentionally bypassing the rules, ie giving OHIP to those who are not yet qualified for PR.

Here is a better example to your puppy metaphor.

Parents wanting 3 year old baby to get vaccination meant for 4-5 children for school. (worker on pilot owp wanting ohip but not qualified for PR). Sure it probably okay for the 3 year old baby to get vaccine shots meant for 4 years and up (odds of complications are very low) and thus for safety and liability reasons, the child must be at least 4 years old to get it. Akin in that applicant must be qualified for PR first before getting ohip even though odds are that worker on pilot owp become disqualified for PR is also low.
Don't assume everything I do is nefarious.

Let me re-tool your vaccination example to the situation I've been trying to explain:

The parent has been trying to get the "4+ year old vaccination" since the kid turned 4, but the only clinic that gives the vaccine was on strike for 6 months because they can't read.
After the strike they relocated offices, which took 4 months.
After that they were on Holiday for 2 months.

Now the kid is 5, he still doesn't have the vaccine.

The clinic finally opens again, for 1 hour a day, the clinic is staffed by trained dolphins.
The government triples the previous budget of the dolphins, but dolphins don't necessarily perform any better given more cash.

The expected wait time to get into the clinic is 30 days.
After 6 months the 5.5 year old kid finally gets into the clinic.

The worker looks at the kids birth certificate, for a full week, and finally says "This kid is 5.5 years old, this shot is for kids who are 4, sorry, no vaccine for you. Come back when you are 4".
The parent explains "my kid is at least 4 years old, he is 5.5 now, 5.5 is bigger than 4".
The worker, reviews his work instructions for a month. The work instructions say "If you are 4 you can get the vaccine."
The worker responds: "BABY NO 4! NO NONONONONONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO".

The parent explains "yes, 5.5 is bigger than 4, my kid is old enough for the vaccine, he needs it, and he was supposed to get it 18 months ago".
The worker says, one week later, "NOOOOO ONLY FOR 4 YEAR BABY! ONLY 4! NO 4 NO VACCINE!"
The parent leaves the office frustrated.

The parent then, cleverly, hatches a clever plan. He puts a party hat on his kid that says "YAY I AM 4 TODAY", and a matching T-Shirt. He also places a sticker on his kid's birth certificate that says "4 Years Old". They go back to the clinic.
The parent says to the worker "oh wow, look at my kid who is definitely 4 years old, wow, what a 4 year old kid this is, I sure am glad he is 4 and can have his shot"
The parent presents a birth-certificate to the worker.
As further evidence the parent gives the worker a copy of his last electrical bill, also containing a sticker that says "4 Years Old" on it.
Overwhelmed by all the evidence. The worker says "Oh good, your kid is 4, and that is the age that gets the vaccine, he gets the vaccine now!"

And finally justice is done.