Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
GustavesF said:
Finally tricked them. Victory at last.
Congrats on your wife being able to qualify for OHIP.

Again, I don't see how can you "tricked" them when you have DM letter or your wife has landed as PR both of which proved your wife qualifies for OHIP coverage. It is not like you tricked them into giving your wife OHIP before she qualified for PR.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
screech339 said:
Congrats on your wife being able to qualify for OHIP.

Again, I don't see how can you "tricked" them when you have DM letter or your wife has landed as PR both of which proved your wife qualifies for OHIP coverage. It is not like you tricked them into giving your wife OHIP before she qualified for PR.
Existing in this process for all these months has taught me that there is a large fuzzy gray area starting at the beginning and ending 3-months after PR is granted.

Work permits, study permits, refugee status, job offers, letters from the principle, vague, randomly worded letters from CIC that chalk you up to some kind of milestone, previous work permits, previous study permits, previous breakfasts, the sands of time, the person on the other side of the help-desk the day you visit Service Ontario, etc... all influence when you get OHIP.

Not till you're actually PR, with an actual standard document that states you're a PR do you have anything that is black-and-white that spells "I QUALIFY FOR OHIP".

Even with my DM in hand it was a circus act getting the necessary stooges to perform the correct dance that results in OHIP.

OHIP before full PR is the result of having all the nebulous, vague, arbitrary qualifications, having the right magic words on the randomized communications from CIC, is something of a game of luck and skill.
A bit of a clever trick.

ckash16

Dec 10, 2014
tomtomato said:
Feb 2014 Applicant. Still waiting for DM. AIP in May this year. Asked for second medical in end of August, now continue waiting. Very frustrated!!
same here.. applied in feb 2014. just waiting since providing the medicals end of May

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
GustavesF said:
Existing in this process for all these months has taught me that there is a large fuzzy gray area starting at the beginning and ending 3-months after PR is granted.

Work permits, study permits, refugee status, job offers, letters from the principle, vague, randomly worded letters from CIC that chalk you up to some kind of milestone, previous work permits, previous study permits, previous breakfasts, the sands of time, the person on the other side of the help-desk the day you visit Service Ontario, etc... all influence when you get OHIP.

Not till you're actually PR, with an actual standard document that states you're a PR do you have anything that is black-and-white that spells "I QUALIFY FOR OHIP".

Even with my DM in hand it was a circus act getting the necessary stooges to perform the correct dance that results in OHIP.

OHIP before full PR is the result of having all the nebulous, vague, arbitrary qualifications, having the right magic words on the randomized communications from CIC, is something of a game of luck and skill.
A bit of a clever trick.
If you look at the qualifications for OHIP, one of which states this:

"You have submitted an application for permanent residence in Canada and CIC has confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirement to apply for PR in Canada"

That is black and white right there. So AIP, regular OWP (granted after AIP) and DM are all form of confirmation that you qualify for PR in Canada. If Ontario Service didn't want to give you OHIP because you have DM letter instead of AIP letter, that is their problem not yours. They are not following the letter of the rules of OHIP qualification. All you had to do is appeal to review board and you would be granted qualification for OHIP. That doesn't sound like "tricking" Ontario Service to grant you OHIP coverage. You had it at DM letter. You were simply enforcing Ontario Service to give your wife the qualifications she had at DM stage. Nothing more.

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
Simkr said:
we got landing interview on 24 Nov 2015. what they gonna ask during interview? i
Congrats, you are near the end! They asked me the standard questions that people have stated here on the forum if you do a search. I believe they asked me, are me and my sponsor still together? My current address? And she asked my sponsor if I ever committed any crimes?

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
screech339 said:
If you look at the qualifications for OHIP, one of which states this:

"You have submitted an application for permanent residence in Canada and CIC has confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirement to apply for PR in Canada"

That is not grey. That is black and white there. So AIP, regular OWP (granted after AIP) and DM are all form of confirmation that you qualify for PR in Canada. If ontario service didnt want to give you ohip because you have dm letter instead of aip letter, that is their problem not yours. They are not following the letter of the rules of qualification. All you had to do is appeal to review board and you would be granted qualification for OHIP. That doesnt sound like "tricking" ontario service to grant you OHIP coverage. You had it at DM letter. You were simply enforcing ontario service to give your wife the qualifications she had at DM stage. Nothing more.
Every guide you've ever seen is meaningless without someone interpreting it.
Bringing in a guide or a printout from a webpage that says that you require exactly what CIC says you have means less than nothing unless the person at the desk buys into it, that's why every single guide or resource states that the information they provide is a "guide" to assist you and final determination of eligibility to apply will be determined by some random clerk or group of random clerks.

Additionally, there is no enforcement of service Ontario clerks to do whatever decision making they're supposed to do, there's literally nothing you can do except trick them into changing their mind about something.
You can't show them the OHIP website where it says you have whatever it is you need to qualify, that doesn't mean anything, it's a guide, look at every webpage, they all say the same thing, that you need the clerk to decide if you qualify.

Trust me, getting anything through the mess that is the government without media scrutiny on your side is essentially a clever trick, a miraculous stunt.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
GustavesF said:
Every guide you've ever seen is meaningless without someone interpreting it.
Bringing in a guide or a printout from a webpage that says that you require exactly what CIC says you have means less than nothing unless the person at the desk buys into it, that's why every single guide or resource states that the information they provide is a "guide" to assist you and final determination of eligibility to apply will be determined by some random clerk or group of random clerks.

Additionally, there is no enforcement of service Ontario clerks to do whatever decision making they're supposed to do, there's literally nothing you can do except trick them into changing their mind about something.
You can't show them the OHIP website where it says you have whatever it is you need to qualify, that doesn't mean anything, it's a guide, look at every webpage, they all say the same thing, that you need the clerk to decide if you qualify.

Trust me, getting anything through the mess that is the government without media scrutiny on your side is essentially a clever trick, a miraculous stunt.
This is where we differ in opinion. Tricking them is not the same as enforcing them to follow the rules.

lighty_j

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
20-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
25-08-2015
Interview........
SA: 27-10-2015
Passport Req..
AIP: 17-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 17-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-02-2016
Olasam said:
Pls can some show me the how to get upfront medical form. Thanks
As far as I know you get the form (for upfront medical) from a panel physician after the medical examination.

Olasam

Star Member
Aug 28, 2012
lighty_j said:
As far as I know you get the form (for upfront medical) from a panel physician after the medical examination.

Thank you very much, the physician gave me one, I just came back

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
Hi!

Anybody who landed is September received their PR Card yet?
I landed on the 24th of Sept. and still no card.

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
MaryLou6 said:
Hi!

Anybody who landed is September received their PR Card yet?
I landed on the 24th of Sept. and still no card.
Update:
I just called CIC and they said that there is a delay (no surprise here) and I should have my card by Dec. 6th. If not I need to give them a call. Apparently a lot of people is renewing their card before the holiday season, so the is yet another backlog.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
MaryLou6 said:
Update:
I just called CIC and they said that there is a delay (no surprise here) and I should have my card by Dec. 6th. If not I need to give them a call. Apparently a lot of people is renewing their card before the holiday season, so the is yet another backlog.
Wait time for renewing a card is 182 days, and the time to issue first time cards is 52 days.
They're working on renewals submitted in July.

So I guess what they meant when they chalked the delay up to the "Holiday rush" is that people in July, literally as far from the Holiday season as the 12-month calendar allows, are responsible for this slowdown.

It has nothing to do with the bulk of applications for the Holidays unless they are so inundated with incoming mail that the deluge itself is responsible for the slowdown.

As nice as the call center people can be they literally, and I mean literally, have absolutely no idea at all what they are talking about, ever. They are practically sitting in front of a Lite-Brite playing Battleship when they pretend to speak with any kind of expertise or knowledge.

I'd chalk up the slow-down to the demographics of government CIC workers in general. Most of them have a few months of vacation/sick/personal days and half of them are able to take November through April off for vacation.