27-10-2014
AOR Received.
03-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Soon!
LANDED..........
Soon!
SamHom said:
Did you always get correspondence from them by regular mail?
E-mail.

But I heard that the landing letter will arrive by mail. On eCas today, it says they sent a correspondance by mail on October 9th, 2015. So since Canada Post isn't delivering mail in the week-end, neither the day the letter has been deposited and that Monday was Thanksgiving, he should received his Landing letter by Friday since Montreal is pretty close from where I live.

But to answer your question... all the correspondance except the landing letter were by email.

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
Woona said:
Honestly, the Montreal office as well is slow as hell.

I checked the Ecas of my husband today (Cedeel), and it says they sent mail on October 9th. We received DM on Sept.15th... And yet we did not receive the letter (probably max Friday), neither an appointment date so... I can understand how you feel. :')

There is our timeline as well

In-land application (from Quebec)

Application received: October 27th 2014
AOR: December 3th 2014
SA: September 15th 2015
AIP: September 15th 2015
DM: September 15th 2015

I (sponsor) pretty much receive SA, and my husband received AIP and DM in the same letter, 10 minutes after my e-mail.

Still waiting for Landing interview in Montreal soon-ish :)

I also feel like we won the lotery at some point... and I am feeling bad for people still waiting but it seems to be a bit more efficient at CIC... Let's not lose hope.
Also, when you click decision made, does it say that a letter has been sent for both DM and landing? Like, did it update again once landing letter was sent same way it did when DM letter was sent?

Cedeel

Sep 3, 2015
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-27
AOR Received.
2014-12-03 / 2015-08-11
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
2015-10-20
LANDED..........
2015-10-20
SamHom said:
Also, when you click decision made, does it say that a letter has been sent for both DM and landing? Like, did it update again once landing letter was sent same way it did when DM letter was sent?
Yes, there's another line saying that they sent a letter on October 9th.

anng

May 8, 2014
Lloydminster, SK
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2014
Doc's Request.
Mar 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Aug 7, 2014 2nd AOR : Feb 12, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
AIP and DM : Sept 29, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 30, 2015
We received DM 15 days ago. I wonder how long we will still gonna wait for our landing date... :( :( :(

Cedeel

Sep 3, 2015
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-27
AOR Received.
2014-12-03 / 2015-08-11
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
2015-10-20
LANDED..........
2015-10-20
SamHom said:
Did it show up on October 9th, or not until today?
It didn't show up before today. I'm checking eCAS almost every day except weekends when I know there won't be any updates.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Some people have used this to find out when their ecas has been updated:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/ecas-automatic-email-notification-changes-791644/

I have NOT used it.

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
Cedeel said:
It didn't show up before today. I'm checking eCAS almost every day except weekends when I know there won't be any updates.
Thanks for the info! I am eagerly awaiting mine to update to that a landing letter has been sent. Almost been 2 weeks since DM was sent.

What does the update exactly say? Does it say landing letter? Does it specially say it's by regular mail?

Cedeel

Sep 3, 2015
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-27
AOR Received.
2014-12-03 / 2015-08-11
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
2015-10-20
LANDED..........
2015-10-20
SamHom said:
Thanks for the info! I am eagerly awaiting mine to update to that a landing letter has been sent. Almost been 2 weeks since DM was sent.

What does the update exactly say? Does it say landing letter? Does it specially say it's by regular mail?
It says the same thing as the DM line, except the date is different.

The DM was sent by email, but it still said they sent a letter. This time there hasn't been any email so I'm expecting a letter.

Woona

Sep 5, 2015
Boisbriand, Québec, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2014
AOR Received.
03-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Soon!
LANDED..........
Soon!
What my husband just said haha.

Nah it was saying that a correspondance has been sent on October 9th. We are expecting a letter since the Montreal office is mostly working by mail. Should be there by tomorrow or Friday since they sent it on Friday, Canada post isn't delivering on weekends and holiday (monday was thanksgiving)... So 2 to 4 days to arrive. So I guess it will be soon-ish! :) not complaining anyway... It took 10 months a half to treat the whole inland application instead of 2 years... I am grateful. :)

April Fajardo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
Interview........
Aug 24, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 24, 2015
I would like to share that I am done with this whole process. Thanks everyone for the support and encouragement. I landed August 23 in Etiboke and have received my PR card in mail. (46 days).

Goodluck everyone.

hwanlj

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
Jan.10.2014
LANDED..........
Oct.14.2015
Yesterday was one of the happiest days of my life.I had an interview at CIC-Etobicoke office, and became a PR. :)

For people who would be interested about the interview process, I will briefly tell you how it went.

The Etobicoke office is pretty slow in terms of sending out the appointment letter. I received DM on Aug 28, but the received the appointment letter on Oct. 5th.

Our interview appointment letter said we had to be there between 1 and 3 p.m.
The CIC office is actually is on the 3rd floor of a building that are shared with other business.

We arrived at the location at 12:20, and received a number ticket at the reception desk.
As we arrived early, the gentleman at the reception told us that we would be the first when they start the interview at 1.

At 1 o'clock sharp, we were called to one of the counters, and started interview.

The questions and my answers were:

Q1. Have you brought the 2 photos and your passport?
A: YES (one of the photos was not taken. they only need one. when I asked, he said I can keep one)

Q2. When was your original entry to Canada?
A: Answered with Specific Date.

Q3. When was your most recent entry to Canda?
A: Answered with Specific Date.

Q4. I see you have a work permit. Where do you work now?
A: This was not really an interview question. This officer was really nice, and was curious as we were chatting. When I told him where I work he told me he knew the company and that I was
lucky to be with the company. He was a really nice guy

Q5. Can I see both of your Driver's license if you brought?
A: He was checking both of our addresses were the same on the cards.

Q6. Have you ever been charged/convicted of a crime in any country?
A: NO

Q7. Have you ever been refused admission to Canada?
A: NO

Q8. Do you have any dependents outside Canada?
A:NO

Q9. (To sponsor) Do you understand the term of undertaking?
A: Yes, I do

Q 10. (To sponsor) Are you still willing to sponsor your spouse?
A: YES!

After all these questions, I signed on some documents, and he printed out the Confirmation of PR saying CONGRATULATIONS!!
Shortly after I was called again for new SIN, and it was pretty straight forward.

I though I would share this for someone who's having an interview soon :)

Thanks everybody,

This forum has been really really helpful for the last 2 years :)

Flo85

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Hi everyone,

I got my notice that my PR application process has been completed 2.5 weeks ago. I'm currently waiting for the CIC office in Yellowknife to contact me with a date for the interview (fingers crossed they will contact me soon). Anyways, I just got the birth certificate of my little baby boy and am wondering if it makes sense now to update the information that I have a baby with that online form on the CIC website. What should I do?

Flo

Woona

Sep 5, 2015
Boisbriand, Québec, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2014
AOR Received.
03-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Soon!
LANDED..........
Soon!
We got our letter by mail today (October 15th) for the landing interview in Montreal on October 20th!

I am pretty nervous, even if I am the one sponsoring, but I am sure that everything will be alright. The end is coming soon-ish!

Hopefully it won't take long... :p

jarry

Nov 23, 2014
My timeline:
Dec 9, 2014- application forwarded to CIC
Dec 11, 2014 - application received
Feb 27, 2015- application for OWP send to CIC
Apr 28, 2015- letter from the CIC completing form (thru email) - additional documents
Send and completed what they are asking thru email
May 06, 2015- rcvd letter from the CIC - CSQ application
May 12 - send the application to QC
May 31- Received email from the CIC same email last April 28. Completed and sending again same documents thru email
June 18- received OWP
June 22 - received CSQ
June 23- received AOR

On my ECAS it's like this :

We sent you correspondence on April 8, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

What should I do on this? Do I need to call the CIC and inform them that I already submitted what they are asking for?