+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
Ponga said:
This is NOT the landing letter!

Rather than being upset about not getting the landing letter [yet], be thankful/happy/excited that you DID get what looks to be a positive DM letter.

Unfortunately, the Etobicoke office is one of the slowest (even for landing appointments/interviews) and some people have to wait a month or more for their appointments.

There's nothing you can do to speed up the process, so just celebrate what you DO have now.
Ah ok, now I get it. I didn't realize I would first get DM and then a landing letter, I thought I would only get landing letter that's why I was confused. Why do you say that it LOOKS to be a positive DM letter though? I thought this was most definitely a positive one and all I have to do now is wait for landing letter.

A month wouldn't be too bad. Have you heard of people waiting several months though?

lighty_j

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
20-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
25-08-2015
Interview........
SA: 27-10-2015
Passport Req..
AIP: 17-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 17-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-02-2016
hollywoodcory said:
I noticed their slow when it comes to actually mailing things out.
We got a letter dated, September 15 which said "send this information within 30 days of date on form."
On Ecas it says they mailed it out September 24 and we got it October 1.
Why wait 9 days to send out important mail? Makes no sense.
Glad we got it, and responded very quickly.
Same happened to me. The document with additional requested docs was dated Sep 27, though mailed on Oct 5, therefore received by me on Oct 8. I was lucky to have the documents ready. In other case, I would've missed the deadline

iffi1185

Apr 22, 2014
My wife landed today. Thank you all who helped answer many of the questions we had during the process. Now next step in our journey.

AOR: March 3, 2014
AIP: Aug 6, 2014
Request for additional proof: June 22, 2015
Landed: Oct 13, 2015

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
iffi1185 said:
My wife landed today. Thank you all who helped answer many of the questions we had during the process. Now next step in our journey.

AOR: March 3, 2014
AIP: Aug 6, 2014
Request for additional proof: June 22, 2015
Landed: Oct 13, 2015
Awesome, congrats!

What questions did they ask at the landing interview? How long did it take you to get the landing letter after the dm letter?

sniper23

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
SamHom said:
What does it say exactly when you log onto ecas? In process?
it just say in processing wen i log into using my wife info because she is the sponsor..on mine it just say ur application receive

akikan

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
SamHom said:
Awesome, congrats!

What questions did they ask at the landing interview? How long did it take you to get the landing letter after the dm letter?
Interview is easy, basically the officer will just go over with you to confirm all your informations are correct that will appear on your landing paper, and they will explain some conditions that you need to follow, at the end you just need to sign some papers then you are done. :)

cookiebiskit

Oct 9, 2015
Hi everyone. I'm new in this thread. I need some help.

Hope someone can help me.

How did you do the Inland Sponsorship? Did you get a Tourist Visa first? And did you put on the Invitation Letter that you're applying for Inland? Or just visiting your spouse/family members? We're planning to apply for Inland but we don't know the process. My husband's a PR. We're both Filipinos by birth.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SamHom said:
Ah ok, now I get it. I didn't realize I would first get DM and then a landing letter, I thought I would only get landing letter that's why I was confused. Why do you say that it LOOKS to be a positive DM letter though? I thought this was most definitely a positive one and all I have to do now is wait for landing letter.

A month wouldn't be too bad. Have you heard of people waiting several months though?
I have been waiting 4 weeks so far, Etobicoke seem to be the slowest in organizing interviews...

hollywoodcory

Star Member
Oct 3, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauaga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2014
Doc's Request.
AIP: 24-02-2016
AOR Received.
25-01-2015 / 16-09-2015
Med's Done....
re-done 06-03-2016
Interview........
SA: 24-02-2016
LANDED..........
28-04-2016
I got my GCMS notes today.
So much information. Also I noticed sections were removed (there was like a s.21 in small print followed by giant white spaces)
Under Criminality it says "in progress" and there's a due date of "Oct 15/2015", curious if that actually means anything? (Assigned to RC-9750)

Under medical it says "Not yet started" and although he did do a medical last year, I wonder if this means it expired and they want a new one or they just simply haven't begun processing it. It has a due date of September 2016. (Does MOF stand for "Medical on File"?)

It says there was a correspondence that got cancelled. (or it says: Status: Cancelled) the document was called: Other

I'm not surprised they haven't received the additional forms they requested yet.

Also under "Biographic" it says "Submit - delayed"

Oct 8, 2015
hollywoodcory said:
I got my GCMS notes today.
So much information. Also I noticed sections were removed (there was like a s.21 in small print followed by giant white spaces)
Under Criminality it says "in progress" and there's a due date of "Oct 15/2015", curious if that actually means anything? (Assigned to RC-9750)

Under medical it says "Not yet started" and although he did do a medical last year, I wonder if this means it expired and they want a new one or they just simply haven't begun processing it. It has a due date of September 2016. (Does MOF stand for "Medical on File"?)

It says there was a correspondence that got cancelled. (or it says: Status: Cancelled) the document was called: Other

I'm not surprised they haven't received the additional forms they requested yet.

Also under "Biographic" it says "Submit - delayed"

hollywoodcory, How long it took you to get the notes? I ordered my on the 1st of October. No response so far...

hollywoodcory

Star Member
Oct 3, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauaga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2014
Doc's Request.
AIP: 24-02-2016
AOR Received.
25-01-2015 / 16-09-2015
Med's Done....
re-done 06-03-2016
Interview........
SA: 24-02-2016
LANDED..........
28-04-2016
sufferinginlandsponsorshi said:
hollywoodcory, How long it took you to get the notes? I ordered my on the 1st of October. No response so far...
I ordered mine September 14th.

kisaki

Sep 17, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
AOR Received.
01-04-2015
sufferinginlandsponsorshi said:
It takes 30 days to receive them.

Woona

Sep 5, 2015
Boisbriand, Québec, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2014
AOR Received.
03-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Soon!
LANDED..........
Soon!
Honestly, the Montreal office as well is slow as hell.

I checked the Ecas of my husband today (Cedeel), and it says they sent mail on October 9th. We received DM on Sept.15th... And yet we did not receive the letter (probably max Friday), neither an appointment date so... I can understand how you feel. :')

There is our timeline as well

In-land application (from Quebec)

Application received: October 27th 2014
AOR: December 3th 2014
SA: September 15th 2015
AIP: September 15th 2015
DM: September 15th 2015

I (sponsor) pretty much receive SA, and my husband received AIP and DM in the same letter, 10 minutes after my e-mail.

Still waiting for Landing interview in Montreal soon-ish :)

I also feel like we won the lotery at some point... and I am feeling bad for people still waiting but it seems to be a bit more efficient at CIC... Let's not lose hope.

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
Woona said:
Honestly, the Montreal office as well is slow as hell.

I checked the Ecas of my husband today (Cedeel), and it says they sent mail on October 9th. We received DM on Sept.15th... And yet we did not receive the letter (probably max Friday), neither an appointment date so... I can understand how you feel. :')

There is our timeline as well

In-land application (from Quebec)

Application received: October 27th 2014
AOR: December 3th 2014
AIP: September 15th 2015
DM: September 15th 2015

Still waiting for Landing interview in Montreal soon-ish :)

I also feel like we won the lotery at some point... and I am feeling bad for people still waiting but it seems to be a bit more efficient at CIC... Let's not lose hope.
Did you always get correspondence from them by regular mail?