Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
GustavesF said:
First, it's a right, not a privilege.
I think this is where we differ in opinions. It is your RIGHT to APPLY for PR for your spouse. That is your right, no one's stopping you.

However it is still CIC's right to determine who's gets PR. This is where privilege comes in.

If it is truly a right as you claim it is, then anyone with a spouse with a DUI, or has a history of criminal nature, or has a highly contagious deadly illness, or even has a record of terrorism on their record, would be able to come into Canada. Damn national security, since according to you, it is your RIGHT to have your spouse in Canada for PR. Isn't that right?

That is why it is considered a privilege that your wife was able to get PR. Much the same principle goes for those who apply for Canadian citizenship.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
screech339 said:
I think this is where we differ in opinions. It is your RIGHT to APPLY for PR for your spouse. That is your right, no one's stopping you.

However it is still CIC's right to determine who's gets PR. This is where privilege comes in.

If it is truly a right as you claim it is, then anyone with a spouse with a DUI, or has a history of criminal nature, or has a highly contagious deadly illness, or even has a record of terrorism on their record, would be able to come into Canada. Damn national security, since according to you, it is your RIGHT to have your spouse in Canada for PR. Isn't that right?

That is why it is considered a privilege that your wife was able to get PR. Much the same principle goes for those who apply for Canadian citizenship.
Don't start your nitpicking.

We have a *right* to sponsor. What that constitutes is up to whomever you are talking to on any given day.
Of course it's going to be a vague interpretation, but seriously I don't care for the devil's advocate at the moment, I'm not trying to build a court case.
Of course applicants apparently aren't even eligible to *apply*, till they are through first stage. Whatever that means.

We also have a right to due process, we paid for it.

I have the right to sponsor and pay my fees, but there's so many caveats.
I don't have the right to check the status of this service I paid for, for over 17 months.
I don't have the right for any kind of transparency for this government office I fund.
I don't have the right to know anything about this branch of government.
Or do I?

You can joke about it all you want, but a ridiculous processing time only allows people with nation-risking diseases or criminal records to stay in Canada longer.

Every other 1st world nation appears to be doing a better job of this than my own, so excuse me for being embarrassed of Canada's immigration process.

If Canada canceled their family class program right now, and axed every application in the pipeline, then that''d be fine, right?
It's a privilege anyway, not a right, so there should be no issue with just cancelling the entire program.

Thankful the nightmare is over? Yes.
Pleased with the process? No.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
GustavesF said:
Of course applicants apparently aren't even eligible to *apply*, till they are through first stage. Whatever that means.
The first stage is supposed to verify the status of the sponsor’s qualification to sponsor PR.
1. Make sure you are legally Canadian or legally PR.
2. Are you at least 19 years old.
3. You may not be eligible to be a sponsor if you:
did not meet the terms of a sponsorship agreement in the past,
did not pay alimony or child support even though a court ordered it,
get government financial help for reasons other than being disabled,
were convicted of
an offence of a sexual nature,
a violent crime,
an offence against a relative that resulted in bodily harm or
an attempt or threat to commit any such offences, depending on the details of the case, such as
 the type of offence,
 how long ago it occurred and
 whether a record suspension was issued (see Sponsorship bar for violent crime below),
were sponsored as a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner in the past and became a permanent resident of Canada less than five years ago (see Five-year sponsorship bar below)
did not pay back an immigration loan, made late payments or missed payments,
are in prison or
have declared bankruptcy and have not been released from it yet

In other words; all about the sponsor. This process should not take more than 6 months to do, including processing time to clear the applications to reach yours.
There was no reason for 1st stage to reach 18 months. Once the sponsor actually meets the qualification to sponsor spouse for PR, then the applicant is qualified for PR.
The moment the sponsor failed that, the applicant was never qualified for PR in the first place.

So this is the “WHATEVER THAT MEANS” part is for.

This is why I said past posts that I rather CIC keep the 6 months for 1st stage and any unexpected delays out of your and their control, be added to the second stage after AIP is issued.

ckash16

Dec 10, 2014
Waiting on DM. and then Landing.. for a while. :mad:
Any other Feb 2015 applicant waiting for DM/landing?

Date Application Received according to CIC: Feb 4, 2014
Date AOR Received: May 22, 2014
Sponsorship approval: May 7, 2015
Approval of the applicant (full AIP): May 7, 2015
Requested Medical and second police clearance received by CIC end of May 2015

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
ckash16 said:

Did you send medical when you first applied, or did you wait until they requested it?
What was the reason for second clearance?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ckash16 said:

They technically have until April 4, 2016 to complete the process, since the processing time is now at 26 months.

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
MaryLou6 said:
We've waited a few days for DM, some people wait 2-3 months, but most get's the DM about a week after AIP. It is not a rule though, if your case is not straight forward and you have dependents it might be longer.
We got SA September 30th. On mine (applicant) it says decision made and that a letter was sent October 2nd, but we haven't recieved anything.

What does decision made mean? Is that AIP or is it even final decision made and landing interview?

randomscrub

Oct 8, 2014
Hi everybody,

The process for us ended yesterday, as we had our landing interview in Vancouver and my wife received her CoPR. Fortunately for us, I believe we were one of the incredibly lucky ones, and I feel so sorry for those who had to wait so much longer, and those who are still waiting.

Although this is my first post here (my wife was more active with the Facebook group), reading posts here was an immeasurably helpful resource through the process of her inland spousal application, and we’re so incredibly thankful for the people here.

So thank you to Leon, sophieee, Eric Laine, and countless others. People I never met, whose names I've never known, who have contributed here to support everybody, thanks to all of you so, so much from the bottom of our hearts. We truly could not have gotten through this process without you, you've made an immense impact on the quality of our lives, and we'll owe a great part of our future happiness in life to all of you.

Finally, I just wanted to contribute our dates and details for the spreadsheet, so they are below. I emailed these to inlandapplications2014@gmail.com as well.

Application received: Oct 9, 2014
AOR: Oct 28, 2014
OWP: Feb 4, 2015
Medical Requested: Sept 8, 2015
AIP: Sept 13, 2015
DM: Sept 24, 2015
Landing Interview letter: Sept 28, 2015
Landing Interview / CoPR: Oct 9, 2015

Landed in Vancouver
Immigrating from Croatia

Finally, again, thank you all so, so much!!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
randomscrub said:
Hi everybody,

The process for us ended yesterday, as we had our landing interview in Vancouver and my wife received her CoPR. Fortunately for us, I believe we were one of the incredibly lucky ones, and I feel so sorry for those who had to wait so much longer, and those who are still waiting.

Although this is my first post here (my wife was more active with the Facebook group), reading posts here was an immeasurably helpful resource through the process of her inland spousal application, and we’re so incredibly thankful for the people here.

So thank you to Leon, sophieee, Eric Laine, and countless others. People I never met, whose names I've never known, who have contributed here to support everybody, thanks to all of you so, so much from the bottom of our hearts. We truly could not have gotten through this process without you, you've made an immense impact on the quality of our lives, and we'll owe a great part of our future happiness in life to all of you.

Finally, I just wanted to contribute our dates and details for the spreadsheet, so they are below. I emailed these to inlandapplications2014@gmail.com as well.

Application received: Oct 9, 2014
AOR: Oct 28, 2014
OWP: Feb 4, 2015
Medical Requested: Sept 8, 2015
AIP: Sept 13, 2015
DM: Sept 24, 2015
Landing Interview letter: Sept 28, 2015
Landing Interview / CoPR: Oct 9, 2015

Landed in Vancouver
Immigrating from Croatia

Finally, again, thank you all so, so much!!
Wow! That's like winning the `Inland' lottery!

Usually, only those with CBSA issues get that lucky.

Congratulations!

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
So randomscrub had 11 days between his/her landing letter and the actual interview. In my case that would mean this Tuesday if infact that is what they have sent. CIC says they have sent a letter in regards to DM, but i haven't received it, or haven't heard from representative. This makes me worried that worse case, I have an interview tuesday morning that I will now miss.

sniper23

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
I go online and check my status.it start processing from August 21 2015 i am November 3 2014 applicant...how much longer from now would i heard bk from cic anyone? ?????

hollywoodcory

Star Member
Oct 3, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauaga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2014
Doc's Request.
AIP: 24-02-2016
AOR Received.
25-01-2015 / 16-09-2015
Med's Done....
re-done 06-03-2016
Interview........
SA: 24-02-2016
LANDED..........
28-04-2016
sniper23 said:
I go online and check my status.it start processing from August 21 2015 i am November 3 2014 applicant...how much longer from now would i heard bk from cic anyone? ?????
Probably not for another few months, but you might get lucky.
I'm also a November 2014 applicant too.

sniper23

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
hollywoodcory said:
Probably not for another few months, but you might get lucky.
I'm also a November 2014 applicant too.
when i check my status online it also say that they send mi correspondence on August 21 2015.but i never get that anyone know way whats that mean??????

Cedeel

Sep 3, 2015
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-27
AOR Received.
2014-12-03 / 2015-08-11
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
2015-10-20
LANDED..........
2015-10-20
sniper23 said:
when i check my status online it also say that they send mi correspondence on August 21 2015.but i never get that anyone know way whats that mean??????
It means that you should order notes ASAP. You could have missed important information that could be holding up processing of, or in the worst case scenario cancel, your application.