Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
GustavesF said:
Well, I'll be giving that a shot today.

I'm not expecting anything. Health Ontario is decidedly moronic about it's guidelines.
If you can, goto a Service Ontario run by the government. They know how to deal with OHIP for working permits, and thus this situation as well.

The one in Aurora Ontario (Bloomington & Yonge) is able to process these kinds of things without issue (my spouse got OHIP with an OWP type 27 from here, for example, as well as previously OHIP with an LMO).

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
automaton82 said:
If you can, goto a Service Ontario run by the government. They know how to deal with OHIP for working permits, and thus this situation as well.

The one in Aurora Ontario (Bloomington & Yonge) is able to process these kinds of things without issue (my spouse got OHIP with an OWP type 27 from here, for example, as well as previously OHIP with an LMO).
The reason you got OHIP with your OWP type 27 was because you previously got it with LMO.
To get OHIP back (had OHIP, then lost it somehow), you basically need nothing other than any kind of status.
To get OHIP initially you have to pull a rabbit out of your hat.

I believe what you mean by "Service Ontario run by the government" is "Full Service, Service Canada".
Service Ontario/Canada does not process OHIP applications, they just file them. It's The Ministry of Health Ontario that does that.

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
Jamesdavid3 said:
Are the Landing Letters sent to us via email?
mine was, but there was one applicant in the FB group who got it by mail, even though all other communication was by email. Also my lading letter came from a weird email address and I almost deleted it, thinking it's spam.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
So my ECAS finally changed to show "Decision Made" under my wife. Under me it still says "In Process", that's just standard ECAS dumbness though.

Strangely if I log in with my Client ID and click "Decision Made" I get "Medical Results Received" as the last line.
If I log in with my wife's ID, and click "Decision Made" I get "We sent you correspondence on September 18, 2015. Please wait for the mailman etc....".

Not sure why she would have additional info, perhaps because they actually emailed me my wife's DM letter, and possibly snail-mailed us another copy.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GustavesF said:
So my ECAS finally changed to show "Decision Made" under my wife. Under me it still says "In Process", that's just standard ECAS dumbness though.

Strangely if I log in with my Client ID and click "Decision Made" I get "Medical Results Received" as the last line.
If I log in with my wife's ID, and click "Decision Made" I get "We sent you correspondence on September 18, 2015. Please wait for the mailman etc....".

Not sure why she would have additional info, perhaps because they actually emailed me my wife's DM letter, and possibly snail-mailed us another copy.
Check your Junk mail, They most likely have sent you the DM email on September 18. I had the exact same message.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
screech339 said:
Actually you can use your DM letter for OHIIP coverage. People have been able to apply for OHIP using a DM letter.
You actually can't. If they managed to do it, more power to them, but you technically can't apply for OHIP with a DM letter.
Source 1: The Ministry of Health Ontario call center
Source 2: The Minsitry of Health Ontario MPP Liason

I may have solved this ridiculous OWP Type 27 Mystery. This information is not available anywhere else, but the Health Ontario call center agent (not CIC call center, hahaha, wouldn't that be hilarious if they were useful) did some poking around on their intranet and uncovered the guideline that makes all of the random acceptance / non-acceptance of Type 27 permits make sense:

A Type 27 with the remark: "Temporary Resident Status Maintained" is eligible for OHIP.
A Type 27 with the remark: "Pending Family Class Application for Permanent Residence" is not eligible for OHIP.
A Type 27 with no remarks is also not eligible for OHIP.

How you get "Temporary Resident Status Maintained" is completely unknown to the guy at the call center, he has absolutely no idea what it could possibly mean.
My guess is that it has something to do with having some previous status.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
GustavesF said:
You actually can't. If they managed to do it, more power to them, but you technically can't apply for OHIP with a DM letter.
Source 1: The Ministry of Health Ontario call center
Source 2: The Minsitry of Health Ontario MPP Liason
What I suggest you do is go to ontario service centre and apply. If you do get officially get rejected over the DM letter, write to OHIP eligibility review board (fax) explaining your situation. That a DM letter is the second notification of spousal PR sponsorship after AIP. Since AIP are accepted proof of PR eligibility, DM is by default "accepted proof of PR eligibility" since it is issued after AIP stage.

We had to write a letter to the review board ourselves when ontario service didn't accept the email version of AIP. They wanted the actual letterhead AIP document from CIC. I explained to them that CIC only issues email correspondences only. Anyway we got the green light for OHIP eligibility from the review board. We brought in the letter from review board and the email AIP, ontario service accepted us for OHIP.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
screech339 said:
What I suggest you do is go to ontario service centre and apply. If you do get officially get rejected over the DM letter, write to OHIP eligibility review board (fax) explaining your situation. That a DM letter is the second notification of spousal PR sponsorship after AIP. Since AIP are accepted proof of PR eligibility, DM is by default "accepted proof of PR eligibility" since it is issued after AIP stage.

We had to write a letter to the review board ourselves when ontario service didn't accept the email version of AIP. They wanted the actual letterhead AIP document from CIC. I explained to them that CIC only issues email correspondences only. Anyway we got the green light for OHIP eligibility from the review board. We brought in the letter from review board and the email AIP, ontario service accepted us for OHIP.
What? You appealed to the review board?
I'm a little surprised.

Yeah our DM was denied. No magic words no OHIP.
Review board it is. How long did that take for you?

In other news, I tricked a call center agent into seeing if she could figure out why we weren't issued SA or AIP, but only DM. She found that they were drafting up our AIP on the 15th, but never emailed it.
She was going to put in a request for it to be sent, but there is a policy that they can't request a document to be sent out if it has existed for less than 1 month.

So, it takes about a month for a request to go through, and first I'd have to wait for a month till that draft aged sufficiently for her to put the request in. I'm apparently better off waiting for the landing interview.

tica1008

Star Member
Jun 10, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-18-2014
AOR Received.
08-07-2014
Med's Done....
June 2015 got them redone Police Certificate: Sent with application OWP: Sent with application
Interview........
30-09-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015
We got yesterday our Landing Letter Appointment. It will be on September 30 at 11 am at CIC-Calgary. We are hoping that if we bring the itinerary they will give us urgent processing for the card. Right now it said 59 calendar days for the card to arrive. Between Sept 30th and Dec 189th (one day before we leave canada on our xmas trip) there is 79 calendar days. Im not sure if they will do it or not. So worried.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
GustavesF said:
What? You appealed to the review board?
I'm a little surprised.

Yeah our DM was denied. No magic words no OHIP.
Review board it is. How long did that take for you?
Yes we appealed as I knew I was in the right with AIP issue. Why were you a little surprised about us appealing to review board. In your case, OWP case 27 doesn't prove your wife qualified for PR status. Whereas in our case, we had AIP, proof that my wife qualifies for PR status.

Our email AIP wasn't suffice for ontario at the time. CIC recently changed the application so that option to receive letter or email correspondence was removed. I wasn't aware of this change nor was ontario service at the time. The manager called CIC to confirm that I was right. CIC will only correspond by email only. They had to change their policy in accepting email AIP a part of the process. But I still have to write to ontario OHIP review board to get them to green light us fo OHIP.

Took them about 30 days to get a green light response after they received the fax.

Cedeel

Sep 3, 2015
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-27
AOR Received.
2014-12-03 / 2015-08-11
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
2015-10-20
LANDED..........
2015-10-20
Hello,
I went to RAMQ in Montreal today and got approved with just the DM letter and CSQ.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
screech339 said:
Yes we appealed as I knew I was in the right with AIP issue. Why were you a little surprised about us appealing to review board. In your case, OWP case 27 doesn't prove your wife qualified for PR status. Whereas in our case, we had AIP, proof that my wife qualifies for PR status.

Our email AIP wasn't suffice for ontario at the time. CIC recently changed the application so that option to receive letter or email correspondence was removed. I wasn't aware of this change nor was ontario service at the time. The manager called CIC to confirm that I was right. CIC will only correspond by email only. They had to change their policy in accepting email AIP a part of the process. But I still have to write to ontario OHIP review board to get them to green light us fo OHIP.

Took them about 30 days to get a green light response after they received the fax.
They didn't accept emails because emails can be fraudulent, they're just making sure you aren't a scammer!
Arguing against the divine wisdom of the government... shame shame shame.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
GustavesF said:
They didn't accept emails because emails can be fraudulent, they're just making sure you aren't a scammer!
Arguing against the divine wisdom of the government... shame shame shame.
If they think I was a scammer, a simple call to CIC can confirm that. Wasn't hard. In fact when I spoke to CIC about the email issue, they informed me that ontario service was well aware about the email change. From that I got the manager at ontario service to call CIC to confirm that I was in the right.
But since it was a recent change, they were very slow in implementing the new policy. So I had to write to review board to get the green light, in the meantime, while ontario service was still in implementation stage.

Toronto84

Jul 23, 2015
Hey everyone,

I have a quick question.

If someone, from a Visa exempt country, has an open work permit for two more years (2017) and they left Canada temporarily for a short visit and they returned to Canada, and the Canada Border Agent stamped their passport, do they have to do a visa extension after six months or not because of the work permit?

Thank you