+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

Diva Diva

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
Hi guys.Can anyone help me out with a format of how an additional document should be sent . I stated a while back that i didnt know it happened, but my husbanda option C fell out of our package hence i have been scared our package would be sent back. But today we got an AOR so we would like to send the option C out tonight. Thanks in anticipation

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Diva Diva said:
Hi guys.Can anyone help me out with a format of how an additional document should be sent . I stated a while back that i didnt know it happened, but my husbanda option C fell out of our package hence i have been scared our package would be sent back. But today we got an AOR so we would like to send the option C out tonight. Thanks in anticipation
Just make sure to attach a paper where you tell them to attach it to your file as a requirement. Write your and sponsor details likebirthday, uci and names of course

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
GustavesF said:
Is there any correlation between AOR date and being able to log into ECAS or check application status online?
No. Some are able to log in after aor some dont.

Diva Diva

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
shyla36 said:
Just make sure to attach a paper where you tell them to attach it to your file as a requirement. Write your and sponsor details likebirthday, uci and names of course
ok thank you shyla36

458_Bridge

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 Sep 2014
AOR Received.
Nov 12th, 2014 / Second AOR June 19th, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Sponsor Approval / AIP - Dec 31st 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM - Jan 4th , 2016
LANDED..........
January 19th, 2016
So i applied for my wife's inland sponsorship.October 1-2014. I know it takes 25 months.

She is also eligible to apply under the Federal Experienced Class. The processing time is 6 months. My Question now is, can i apply into two categories at the same time ?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
458_Bridge said:
So i applied for my wife's inland sponsorship.October 1-2014. I know it takes 25 months.

She is also eligible to apply under the Federal Experienced Class. The processing time is 6 months. My Question now is, can i apply into two categories at the same time ?
Yes, she can.

458_Bridge

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 Sep 2014
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
DM - Jan 4th , 2016
LANDED..........
January 19th, 2016

458_Bridge

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 Sep 2014
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
DM - Jan 4th , 2016
LANDED..........
January 19th, 2016
Is there some one here, who has actually flown out of Canada and safely returned, while they had their inland application in Process.

I am trying to establish facts with Stories.

h8tow8

Jan 28, 2015
Hello, I'm new to this forum. I'm glad i found it, because this immigration process is so frustrating and sometimes it's great to hear someones advice or opinion.

Here is my story:
I got married to love of my life this summer. After few weeks of figuring out how to apply, we decided to hire lawyer and let them do the work. We contacted few firms, and chose a big law firm in Toronto, that has 100+ great reviews. After paying them for their service, we realized that we made a mistake with choosing them ( it takes them days and days to answer to our multiple emails, or return phone calls...) Finally, we completed the full package (inland application and OWP) BTW, lawyer said we don't need to do OWP at the same time as PR, since PR itself is gonna give me IMPLIED STATUS. But i insisted to send OWP with PR at the same time! They send the package in October 2014 and said to wait...(package was received based on UPS tracking number. At the end of December, we called CIC to confirm they actually got the package. CIC told us that they received it and gave us application number that starts "XF000000000" and AOR was send at the beginning of December. AOR was NEVER received by my lawyer. So in January we called CIC and requested to resend AOR, still nothing....I didnt need visa to enter canada. But i didnt extend my visitor status, thinking i have implied status as per my lawyer. But now im thiking i may not have implied status. Yes my application was received, but CIC cant confirm that they see my OWP, claiming that since it was sent in the same envelope, it wasnt opened yet.

I've been trying to find out and locate my OWP by calling CIC every day. I asked them to locate it with official receipt number, but still no news. They just say keep waiting.

my concern, what it my lawyer didnt actually send my OWP with pr application? i'll be out of status...

please share your thoughts/ideas
Any help will help.

wish everyone smooth and quick process.

xxxma3dl

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2014
Doc's Request.
July 2014
Med's Request
20 Jan 2016
Med's Done....
29 Jan 2016
Interview........
10 Mar 2016
h8tow8 said:
Hello, I'm new to this forum. I'm glad i found it, because this immigration process is so frustrating and sometimes it's great to hear someones advice or opinion.

Here is my story:
I got married to love of my life this summer. After few weeks of figuring out how to apply, we decided to hire lawyer and let them do the work. We contacted few firms, and chose a big law firm in Toronto, that has 100+ great reviews. After paying them for their service, we realized that we made a mistake with choosing them ( it takes them days and days to answer to our multiple emails, or return phone calls...) Finally, we completed the full package (inland application and OWP) BTW, lawyer said we don't need to do OWP at the same time as PR, since PR itself is gonna give me IMPLIED STATUS. But i insisted to send OWP with PR at the same time! They send the package in October 2014 and said to wait...(package was received based on UPS tracking number. At the end of December, we called CIC to confirm they actually got the package. CIC told us that they received it and gave us application number that starts "XF000000000" and AOR was send at the beginning of December. AOR was NEVER received by my lawyer. So in January we called CIC and requested to resend AOR, still nothing....I didnt need visa to enter canada. But i didnt extend my visitor status, thinking i have implied status as per my lawyer. But now im thiking i may not have implied status. Yes my application was received, but CIC cant confirm that they see my OWP, claiming that since it was sent in the same envelope, it wasnt opened yet.

I've been trying to find out and locate my OWP by calling CIC every day. I asked them to locate it with official receipt number, but still no news. They just say keep waiting.

my concern, what it my lawyer didnt actually send my OWP with pr application? i'll be out of status...

Any help will help.

I hope your lawyer included your OWP when they sent your application.

As I understand it, you have to apply for either student permit or work permit or extension of stay as a visitor, together with your PR application to indicate you're on "implied status". They make your stay "legal" as you wait for your PR.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
h8tow8 said:

Here is my story:

Any help will help.

Others with the same timeline were able to get a confirmation from the call centre that their OWP application is attached to the PR app. Try and call multiple times as lot of the call centre agents haven't got a clue about the process and how should they check these kind of things, but if you already talked to multiple ones and no one was able to confirm that your OWP was received than you might have a problem.
When did your visitor status expired? If you don't need a visa that's usually 6 months after your last entry. If the expiration of your visitor status is within 90 days you are able to apply for restoration of status.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
h8tow8 said:

Here is my story:

Any help will help.

To answe your query, If your lawyer didnt send your owp then you are out of status but based on your story, i dont see any reason why he wont send it when you said you paid for your owp anyway.
Also, i dont know when you arrived in canada but if you are within 90 days from the expiry of your visitor status, then you can restore and extend it if really you just want your peace of mind. Thats my 2 cents worth.

h8tow8

Jan 28, 2015
shyla36 said:
To answe your query, If your lawyer didnt send your owp then you are out of status but based on your story, i dont see any reason why he wont send it when you said you paid for your owp anyway.
Also, i dont know when you arrived in canada but if you are within 90 days from the expiry of your visitor status, then you can restore and extend it if really you just want your peace of mind. Thats my 2 cents worth.
My restoration time will end first week of February, im just scared what if they refuse to restore my status for whatever reason, then they will just send me removal letter.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
h8tow8 said:

Here is my story:

Meaning in the
Any help will help.

You have a temporary file number, which is why it starts with xf.

If your lawyer did not send your OWP with your Inland application ( meaning in the same envelope), you do NOT have implied status and you will NOT benefit from the OWP pilot program.

If your lawyer didn't send your OWP, you should report them!

h8tow8

Jan 28, 2015
Ponga said:
You have a temporary file number, which is why it starts with xf.

If your lawyer did not send your OWP with your Inland application ( meaning in the same envelope), you do NOT have implied status and you will NOT benefit from the OWP pilot program.

If your lawyer didn't send your OWP, you should report them!
CIC say that since you have temporary number you file was not updated/ some say it wasn't checked... They say wait...

If my lawyer didn't actually sent it, how can I prove it? They will just say that CIC lost it! :( ;(

I asked CIC for uci number, they said that I don't have it. Don't everyone get uci number? Can you please help me understand? When do you get uci?

Do you think if I contact MP, can he request information regarding OWP from CIC?