July 2014 (with OWP)
AOR Received.
August 2014 (OWP received Jan 2015)
Med's Request
January 27, 2016
Interview........
Aug. 09, 2016
Passport Req..
July 29, 2016 (For my daughter outside canada)
Re: Application Start Date

458_Bridge said:
Hi,
Can anyone please Clarify what date i should treat as my application start date
1. Date CIC received my documents - as stated on the AOR
OR
2. The Date the AOR letter was issued ?
Based on what I also read, it's the date that CIC received your application stated in Aor

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013

458_Bridge said:
Hi,
Can anyone please Clarify what date i should treat as my application start date
1. Date CIC received my documents - as stated on the AOR
OR
2. The Date the AOR letter was issued ?
The date CIC received your application. This will be listed in the AOR email/letter.

Screech339

Bonnella

Jan 27, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 May 2014
AOR Received.
8 August 2014
Med's Done....
With Application
MasterBC said:
Try calling again, been there... What I did is called at least every other day then until last week that I was able to talked to a very helpful officer. I told them that I understand they can't give us timeline but at least check my application if they actually saw my OWP apps included when I submit my PR app...and officer told me that my OWP is already in process...and today I got my OWP :) good luck!
Thank you so much!!

softball

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
pinetree said:
Officially the medical examinations are valid for 12 months, but immigration officers have the discretion to extend the validity of the medicals. It seems that the officer who issued your OWP considered your medical exam was expired. Although it is most likely that your medical is the reason why you received an OWP with the condition, you might want to call CIC to find out. If the medical is the reason, you can remove the condition by having another medical.

Thank you very much pinetree! I will call CIC to confirm. :)

softball

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
xandt said:
What is stated on OWP has nothing to do with your medical exam for PR application. All what it means is that, as OWP holder, you cannot work in school or healthcare industry in Canada. That's it, regardless if you have PR application pending or not.
Thank you xandt for your response!

458_Bridge

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 Sep 2014
AOR Received.
Nov 12th, 2014 / Second AOR June 19th, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Sponsor Approval / AIP - Dec 31st 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM - Jan 4th , 2016
LANDED..........
January 19th, 2016

MasterBC said:
Based on what I also read, it's the date that CIC received your application stated in Aor

Thank you for the Clarification

458_Bridge

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 Sep 2014
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
DM - Jan 4th , 2016
LANDED..........
January 19th, 2016

screech339 said:
The date CIC received your application. This will be listed in the AOR email/letter.

Screech339
Thanks for the clarification.

458_Bridge

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 Sep 2014
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
DM - Jan 4th , 2016
LANDED..........
January 19th, 2016
Two Applications Simultaneously

So i applied for my wife's inland sponsorship.October 1-2014. I know it takes 25 months.

She is also eligible to apply under the Federal Experienced Class. The processing time is 6 months. My Question now is, can i apply into two categories at the same time ?

xandt

Star Member
May 12, 2014
softball said:
Thank you xandt for your response!
I might be wrong reading other postings. I have the same condition on my OWP. Probably because I haven't submitted any medical exam yet. CIC will request it when they need it. Medical exam expires in 12 months (although they might extend it at their own discretion.) With the processing speed right now, I'm glad I didn't do it when I sent in the PR application, as most likely I'd have to do it again anyway if I had done that.

As for the condition, maybe it is because of missing or expired medical exam. But if you are not interested in those fields, it doesn't matter.

xandt

Star Member
May 12, 2014
sophieee said:
A lot of applicant already received their OWP under the new pilot via snail mail, and it doesn't need to be validated, you just need to wait till you receive it, it states it's validity (from the issue date till the expiry date).
OK. I wasn't sure what exactly "validated" means. Thanks for the clarification. :)

Bonnella

Jan 27, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 May 2014
AOR Received.
8 August 2014
Med's Done....
With Application
I have another question if anyone can help! Well I guess a few questions....What exactly is out of status? I have a TRV that is valid for 6 years I got married while I was in canada and we decided to do the in land application because we didn't want to be separated again. I got married within the 6 months of being here. We sent our application with owp before our six months were up but for some reason this out of status thing scares me. Am I out of status even tho my visa is valid for 6 years? Sorry if my post is a big jumbled mess! Help please

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Bonnella said:
I have another question if anyone can help! Well I guess a few questions....What exactly is out of status? I have a TRV that is valid for 6 years I got married while I was in canada and we decided to do the in land application because we didn't want to be separated again. I got married within the 6 months of being here. We sent our application with owp before our six months were up but for some reason this out of status thing scares me. Am I out of status even tho my visa is valid for 6 years? Sorry if my post is a big jumbled mess! Help please
Having a TRV valid for 6 years does not give you status to stay in Canada for 6 years. It is only valid to allow you to enter Canada during the 6 year period. Once you are in Canada, you are likely to be given a visitor status to stay in Canada for 6 months max. If you didn't send in an OWP with your PR inland application or did not submit or extend your visitor stay to stay more than 6 months without leaving, then you have lost your status when your 6 month stay in Canada expired.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bonnella said:
screech339 has already explained the issue regarding your multiple entry TRV, but since you DID include the OWP with your Inland application, YOU do have implied status...IF you were given the full 6 months when you last entered Canada.

Bonnella

Jan 27, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 May 2014
AOR Received.
8 August 2014
Med's Done....
With Application
Ponga said:
screech339 has already explained the issue regarding your multiple entry TRV, but since you DID include the OWP with your Inland application, YOU do have implied status...IF you were given the full 6 months when you last entered Canada.
Got it! Thank you for the help screech339 and Ponga!

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Is there any correlation between AOR date and being able to log into ECAS or check application status online?