+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

xandt

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Ponga said:
Which only adds to the confusion regarding my question. I thought that OWPs issued after AIP had something on them stating `Does Not Confer Temporary Resident Status' (or similar).
To add more confusion (to myself, too), is from http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/austria-autriche/visas/faq.aspx?lang=eng#b4. Although the FAQ is for general purpose and not specific to the special cases like ours in this forum, wouldn't it still be true that "Even if we issue you with a permit letter, you will, nonetheless, have to leave Canada and re-enter to have your work permit validated."? My guess is that we don't have to, but it seems to be a loophole that the Pilot Program missed, as least missed with some explanations or special rules. Anyone has any *official* sources explaining the Pilot Program?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
xandt said:
To add more confusion (to myself, too), is from http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/austria-autriche/visas/faq.aspx?lang=eng#b4. Although the FAQ is for general purpose and not specific to the special cases like ours in this forum, wouldn't it still be true that "Even if we issue you with a permit letter, you will, nonetheless, have to leave Canada and re-enter to have your work permit validated."? My guess is that we don't have to, but it seems to be a loophole that the Pilot Program missed, as least missed with some explanations or special rules. Anyone has any *official* sources explaining the Pilot Program?
A lot of applicant already received their OWP under the new pilot via snail mail, and it doesn't need to be validated, you just need to wait till you receive it, it states it's validity (from the issue date till the expiry date).

MasterBC

Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2014 (with OWP)
AOR Received.
August 2014 (OWP received Jan 2015)
Med's Request
January 27, 2016
Interview........
Aug. 09, 2016
Passport Req..
July 29, 2016 (For my daughter outside canada)
Hi guys, got my OWP today :D ! (July 2014 applicant)

MasterBC

Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2014 (with OWP)
AOR Received.
Med's Request
January 27, 2016
Interview........
Aug. 09, 2016
Passport Req..
Ponga said:
Great news for you!

Bad news for Jamesdavid3. He's gonna be furious! LOL!
Thanks Ponga! Indeed a good news :)

My question now is what's the next step as no instruction or whatsoever specified in the owp. I guess I need to apply for SIN? Appreciate your advice! Thanks

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
MasterBC said:
Thanks Ponga! Indeed a good news :)

My question now is what's the next step as no instruction or whatsoever specified in the owp. I guess I need to apply for SIN? Appreciate your advice! Thanks
Yes, you can go to a service registry, bring your owp and passport

Maciej

May 6, 2014
Terrace
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisuaga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2014
Doc's Request.
14-07-2015
AOR Received.
07-08-2014
Med's Done....
10-04-2014
Hey everyone,
I've been out of loop for couple weeks, and can't really find answer for my question browsing thru the forum.
Just read about this One Year Pilot now.
Does it actually mean we can apply for open work permit before getting AIP??
I applied in April last year, I have only received AOR so far, do I qualify to apply for this OWP at this stage??
Thank You for helping Us.
Much apreciated.

MasterBC

Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2014 (with OWP)
AOR Received.
Med's Request
January 27, 2016
Interview........
Aug. 09, 2016
Passport Req..
shyla36 said:
Yes, you can go to a service registry, bring your owp and passport
Thank you!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maciej said:
Hey everyone,
I've been out of loop for couple weeks, and can't really find answer for my question browsing thru the forum.
Just read about this One Year Pilot now.
Does it actually mean we can apply for open work permit before getting AIP??
I applied in April last year, I have only received AOR so far, do I qualify to apply for this OWP at this stage??
Thank You for helping Us.
Much apreciated.
As long as you have legal status (includes `implied status', if you included an OWP with your Inland application) you are eligible.

Those that do not have legal status, or let their status expire after submitting their Inland applications, are NOT eligible.

Maciej

May 6, 2014
Terrace
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisuaga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2014
Doc's Request.
14-07-2015
AOR Received.
07-08-2014
Med's Done....
10-04-2014
Excellent news....I guess.
Thanks Ponga!!!
Im currently on extension of visitor status here, so I do have legal status.
I entered Canada on IEC open work permit, that expired during long wait so now Im a visitor here.
That makes me wonder in Imm5710 form question 3:
do i reqeust restoration of worker status, or ask for initial new one???
Bit confused here.
Thanks

pinetree

Sep 9, 2014
softball said:
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the medical exam:

i am an applicant in May 2014. I did my medical exam in 2013; and submitted my medical exam with my inland application in May 2014. Early Jan 2015, I got my OWP with conditions :'cannot work in school or healthcare'. Does this mean my medical exam is expired? should I re-do my medical exam again and re-submit?

thank you and look forward to hear from your advice!
Officially the medical examinations are valid for 12 months, but immigration officers have the discretion to extend the validity of the medicals. It seems that the officer who issued your OWP considered your medical exam was expired. Although it is most likely that your medical is the reason why you received an OWP with the condition, you might want to call CIC to find out. If the medical is the reason, you can remove the condition by having another medical.

Bonnella

Jan 27, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 May 2014
AOR Received.
8 August 2014
Med's Done....
With Application
Hi everyone!
I love this forum it has helped me a lot with our application process. I have a question which I hope someone could help me with. We suited our pr app and owp the same time in May 2014 and to date we have only received the AOR. I have tried to call to find out more about our owp application but we just get the call Center and they just give us generic answers and coming on here I have read that a few people actually got though to agents that told them specifically about their application. How do I do that? Who do I actually call?

458_Bridge

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 Sep 2014
AOR Received.
Nov 12th, 2014 / Second AOR June 19th, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Sponsor Approval / AIP - Dec 31st 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM - Jan 4th , 2016
LANDED..........
January 19th, 2016
Application Start Date

Hi,
Can anyone please Clarify what date i should treat as my application start date
1. Date CIC received my documents - as stated on the AOR
OR
2. The Date the AOR letter was issued ?

MasterBC

Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2014 (with OWP)
AOR Received.
Med's Request
January 27, 2016
Interview........
Aug. 09, 2016
Passport Req..
Bonnella said:
Hi everyone!
I love this forum it has helped me a lot with our application process. I have a question which I hope someone could help me with. We suited our pr app and owp the same time in May 2014 and to date we have only received the AOR. I have tried to call to find out more about our owp application but we just get the call Center and they just give us generic answers and coming on here I have read that a few people actually got though to agents that told them specifically about their application. How do I do that? Who do I actually call?
Try calling again, been there... What I did is called at least every other day then until last week that I was able to talked to a very helpful officer. I told them that I understand they can't give us timeline but at least check my application if they actually saw my OWP apps included when I submit my PR app...and officer told me that my OWP is already in process...and today I got my OWP :) good luck!