Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
SA, AIP may 19 2015, DM may 25 2015, landing June 2nd 2015
The processing time is updated to 7-8 months!! i hope they get faster and faster :)

msbozick

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12, 2014
AOR Received.
August 7, 2014
Med's Request
Sept. 28, 2015
Med's Done....
October 7/8, 2015
Interview........
AIP: Sept. 28, 2015-- interview waived DM: Oct. 16, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 28 2015
Carlaganda23 said:
Thanks a lot... I can't wait to get us all landed and happily living in Canada :D
I CAN'T WAIT until we're all close to getting AIP and DM. It will be so exciting!!! :D:D

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
Hello everyone :)
Has anyone got a baby before submitting their application? :D
I am ,the sponsored, waiting my common-law partner to give birth . I will apply afterwards, hopefully before March. anyone has the same situation?

hwanlj

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
Jan.10.2014
LANDED..........
Oct.14.2015
I also found this on the website..

"Any SCLPC(spouse or common-law partner in Canada) applications that CPC-V has not commenced processing will be routed internally to CPC-M. Upon receipt of these cases, CPC-M will send a letter to the sponsor advising that their application was transferred from CPC-V to CPC-M for assessment and processing"

So I guess they are going to send us some kind of letter saying our apps have been transferred..
Then, I guess, I will recieve two letters.(AOR and the other letter).
I'm just worried..

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Smsm81 said:
Hello everyone :)
Has anyone got a baby before submitting their application? :D
I am ,the sponsored, waiting my common-law partner to give birth . I will apply afterwards, hopefully before March. anyone has the same situation?
I don't know how long you and your partner have been living together. If it's less than two years and you wait until your baby is born, your PR would not be conditional, because you would now have a child together prior to applying.

(credit to screech339 for mentioning this in response to a similar post).

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
hwanlj said:
I also found this on the website..

"Any SCLPC(spouse or common-law partner in Canada) applications that CPC-V has not commenced processing will be routed internally to CPC-M. Upon receipt of these cases, CPC-M will send a letter to the sponsor advising that their application was transferred from CPC-V to CPC-M for assessment and processing"

So I guess they are going to send us some kind of letter saying our apps have been transferred..
Then, I guess, I will recieve two letters.(AOR and the other letter).
I'm just worried..
Your application was received before the 17., so I think it won't be transferred. But yeah, it's distressing, that I could get AOR the next week and we wasn't even informed about the transfer.

montorq

Jan 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I am planning to sponsor my spouse, however I am confused to apply as INLAND or OUTLAND, even after knowing that INLAND application would take longer time.

My spouse already has a visitor visa (multiple entry).

I am thinking to apply as Inland applicant, just to avoid the travel to home country when the passport is requested and have to wait for 4-6 months to get the immigrant visa stamped.

Having said that, while the application is being processed INLAND, can my spouse travel to home country and return back to Canada - (assuming the re-entry is allowed)?

Suggestions please on applying as Inland or Outland??

Thanks in advance

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
montorq said:
Hi, I am planning to sponsor my spouse, however I am confused to apply as INLAND or OUTLAND, even after knowing that INLAND application would take longer time.

I am thinking to apply as Inland applicant, just to avoid the travel to home country when the passport is requested and have to wait for 4-6 months to get the immigrant visa stamped.

Having said that, while the application is being processed INLAND, can my spouse travel to home country and return back to Canada - (assuming the re-entry is allowed)?

Thanks in advance
Check the thread inland vs outland .
if you company your spouse , it is less likely to be refused entry (that is what I read). but it is advisable to not travel. check the processing time for the embassy where your husband entitle to submit the application. and then compare the benefits and decide :)

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
Ponga said:
I don't know how long you and your partner have been living together. If it's less than two years and you wait until your baby is born, your PR would not be conditional, because you would now have a child together prior to applying.

(credit to screech339 for mentioning this in response to a similar post).
I am aware of that :)
I am hoping to find someone who has the same situation. There are few points I am not sure what to put in :)

msbozick

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12, 2014
AOR Received.
August 7, 2014
Med's Request
Sept. 28, 2015
Med's Done....
October 7/8, 2015
Interview........
AIP: Sept. 28, 2015-- interview waived DM: Oct. 16, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 28 2015
montorq said:

Thanks in advance
It is advisable not to travel when applying inland only because if your spouse is refused at the border, then your application is essentially void and you'd have to re-do everything. If you have a valid visa upon returning to Canada from a trip, then I really doubt you'd be denied entry. They do need a good reason to deny you entry, and I'm sure even if you were questioned, you could explain the situation. I have a student visa and I have come and gone from Canada multiple times without any problems; many others have done the same, even on a visitor visa. However, it's always a risk. In your situation I think your risk is minimal. You just have to decide if it's a risk you want to take-- or you could opt not to leave the country! Either way, I think you guys will be okay.

I chose to do an inland application even though I'm from the United States because even though the processing time is technically longer, I didn't want to take the chance of my application being sent to another visa office in the US if there were any problems with the app. That would require me to go there for an interview and the processing times at the US visa offices are upwards of 2 years. I understand that the probability of being in those circumstances is low, but it just wasn't a chance I was willing to take! I don't think there is necessarily a "wrong" option in inland vs. outland. I just think it's based on your situation and personal preference! :)

Good luck! This forum is a great tool to use, so don't be afraid to ask, ask, ask! There are tons of smart and experienced people who are so willing to help. It's awesome.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HEADS UP TO THOSE THAT APPLIED IN EARLY-MID DECEMBER!

Did you see that form IMM1344 (Application to Sponsor) shows that it was updated Nov 2013?

But, when I applied in mid-December, the website showed that the form had been updated in Aug 2013, NOT Nov, 2013?
At that time, only IMM 0008 had been updated (which was in Nov, 2013).

Better check your copies of your forms (which hopefully you did make copies, or have them on your computer)!!!

higgins1

Jan 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2013
AOR Received.
16-01-2014 CSQ: 06-02-2014 AIP + DM: 09-04-2015
Ponga said:
HEADS UP TO THOSE THAT APPLIED IN EARLY-MID DECEMBER!

Did you see that form IMM1344 (Application to Sponsor) shows that it was updated Nov 2013?

But, when I applied in mid-December, the website showed that the form had been updated in Aug 2013, NOT Nov, 2013?
At that time, only IMM 0008 had been updated (which was in Nov, 2013).

Better check your copies of your forms (which hopefully you did make copies, or have them on your computer)!!!
I sent mine early dec, and I checked the forms one last time before I sent it.. I saw that they updated the IMM008 form and the OWP form, so I printed and filled them again.. I'm sure the IMM1344 showed AUG 2013! LOL

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
higgins1 said:
I sent mine early dec, and I checked the forms one last time before I sent it.. I saw that they updated the IMM008 form and the OWP form, so I printed and filled them again.. I'm sure the IMM1344 showed AUG 2013! LOL
Thanks for confirming that I am NOT crazy, but...I'm not sure that I agree with your `LOL'.

CIC might return our applications...even though we did NOT have this updated form available to us.

tica1008

Star Member
Jun 10, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-18-2014
AOR Received.
08-07-2014
Med's Done....
June 2015 got them redone Police Certificate: Sent with application OWP: Sent with application
Interview........
30-09-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015
Ponga said:
Thanks for confirming that I am NOT crazy, but...I'm not sure that I agree with your `LOL'.

CIC might return our applications...even though we did NOT have this updated form available to us.
Hi! I sent my application on nov 14. CIC is returning the whole thing to me (according to them whenever they get to it) because on of the forms is wrong. I made sure as well they were all updated but another applicant in the 2013 thread already got her package back because of that form. I feel so helpless I applied in nog so maybe my husband could continue working now we have to wait to get it back. And then sent again. His OWP on IEC expires in May now it's too late.... Hopefully processing times will go down to 4-5 months :(

higgins1

Jan 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2013
AOR Received.
16-01-2014 CSQ: 06-02-2014 AIP + DM: 09-04-2015
tica1008 said:
Hi! I sent my application on nov 14. CIC is returning the whole thing to me (according to them whenever they get to it) because on of the forms is wrong. I made sure as well they were all updated but another applicant in the 2013 thread already got her package back because of that form. I feel so helpless I applied in nog so maybe my husband could continue working now we have to wait to get it back. And then sent again. His OWP on IEC expires in May now it's too late.... Hopefully processing times will go down to 4-5 months :(
I totally understand your situation.. :( When did they send it back to you?
The only difference that I found in the sponsor's form is in the "Obligations of the sponsor", D section.. And it does not apply to us!
So hopefully they wont return to me my whole package because of this form.