+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
computergeek said:
Nova Scotia extends health care coverage to dependents of eligible residents. Thus, as a spouse/partner, you may be eligible for health care coverage. This is true of most provinces but is not true of Ontario or Quebec. BC requires the foreign national spouse/partner be in the PR process, but this isn't true for AB. Health care is administered by the provinces and thus the answer to this varies by province.
It seems like a difficult task to convince BC MSP to look at their own website, to verify that a PR applicant under spousal sponsorship IS eligible as soon as CIC accepts an application for processing...which should be AOR.

They seem to see this as AIP instead, and state that the application must be in process before an applicant is in fact eligible.

Tiffyali

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
01-05-2014
God...i finally sent out my app via Xpresspost on Tuesday and got a confirmation that my app has reached CPC-M today!

fingers corssed!!! :)

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
Ponga said:
It seems like a difficult task to convince BC MSP to look at their own website, to verify that a PR applicant under spousal sponsorship IS eligible as soon as CIC accepts an application for processing...which should be AOR.

They seem to see this as AIP instead, and state that the application must be in process before an applicant is in fact eligible.

[/quot

Yes!!! That's true...I didn't know until I was looking through your thread Ponga about Nova Scotia Healthcare. I was out of status last November 29,2013 for my refused restoration and sent my app for Sponsorship few days ago. So, I don't have any health coverage at all.. I'm hoping I will get my AIP before CBSA do anything to me. I'm behaving myself very well and not doing any kind of under the table jobs and just staying at home. It sucks but I can't do anything. I'm not used to just stayed at home not doing anything.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
Tiffyali said:
God...i finally sent out my app via Xpresspost on Tuesday and got a confirmation that my app has reached CPC-M today!

fingers corssed!!! :)

Goodluck tiffyali,

The waiting game is on. I'm just few days ahead from you :)

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
I have updated the spreadsheet, is there is anything more to add, don't hesitate to share!:)

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Ponga said:
HEADS UP TO THOSE THAT APPLIED IN EARLY-MID DECEMBER!

Did you see that form IMM1344 (Application to Sponsor) shows that it was updated Nov 2013?

But, when I applied in mid-December, the website showed that the form had been updated in Aug 2013, NOT Nov, 2013?
At that time, only IMM 0008 had been updated (which was in Nov, 2013).

Better check your copies of your forms (which hopefully you did make copies, or have them on your computer)!!!
It's like a bad joke:( This must have been the problem with Amazingsho too.
Have you any luck with calling them?

Tiffyali

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
01-05-2014
Carlaganda23 said:
Goodluck tiffyali,

The waiting game is on. I'm just few days ahead from you :)
Good luck to us Carlaganda23! lets keep in touch here! :)

hwanlj

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
Jan.10.2014
LANDED..........
Oct.14.2015
I'm so angry right now.. lol

I have just called CIC one more time to see if my application is going to be transferred or not, and also about AOR..
I know I need to relax a bit..

I asked the guy first about AOR, since it's a month after they recieved mine.
The guy on the phone kept on saying that 'WE ARE OPENING APPLICATIONS RECEIVED ON JUNE 25TH, IT'S GOING TO TAKE 7-8 MONTHS FOR YOU TO GET THE LETTER"
He insisted that applicants don't get any other letter until the first stage approval... lol

I know that it takes 7-8 months for the 1stage approval.. I'm asking about AOR, but he didn't even know what "AOR" is... I explained to him that it's "Acknowledgement of Receipt" that we all get.. He had no idea what i was talking about. I was angry because of the fact that he doesn't seem to know anything about the process... they seriously need to educate the call centre officers properly..

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sophieee said:
It's like a bad joke:( This must have been the problem with Amazingsho too.
Have you any luck with calling them?
I was actually on the phone with CIC when I saw your reply. Ironically my call was answered by an agent right away. I was tongue tied as I expected to be on hold until Spring. ;D

He took our UCI and asked me a couple of questions, then put me on hold to check the notes on my file. I only received AOR 3 weeks ago, but he was able to tell me that he didn't see anything noted about an outdated form, so...

I asked if this meant that my application would not be returned because of this and was told "They will let you know once they start working on your file". Ah...ok...does that mean my application may in fact be sent back 7 months from now?!?!

I also asked about the applications that CPC-V had received prior to Jan 17, 2014 and if mine was going to be one of those sent to CPC-M....and was told that "They will let you know once they start working on your file". ;D

Okie dokey then. ;)

Tiffyali

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
01-05-2014
sophieee said:
I have updated the spreadsheet, is there is anything more to add, don't hesitate to share!:)
Thanks so much sophieee for put me into the spreadsheet! hope everything goes well with your app too...lets keep clam and waiting for GOOD NEWS SOON! ;)

hwanlj

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
Jan.10.2014
LANDED..........
Oct.14.2015
Ponga said:
I was actually on the phone with CIC when I saw your reply. Ironically my call was answered by an agent right away. I was tongue tied as I expected to be on hold until Spring. ;D

He took our UCI and asked me a couple of questions, then put me on hold to check the notes on my file. I only received AOR 3 weeks ago, but he was able to tell me that he didn't see anything noted about an outdated form, so...

I asked if this meant that my application would not be returned because of this and was told "They will let you know once they start working on your file". Ah...ok...does that mean my application may in fact be sent back 7 months from now?!?!

I also asked about the applications that CPC-V had received prior to Jan 17, 2014 and if mine was going to be one of those sent to CPC-M....and was told that "They will let you know once they start working on your file". ;D

Okie dokey then. ;)
Looks like your call centre person was much more knowledgeable than the person I spoke with..lol

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
Tiffyali said:
Good luck to us Carlaganda23! lets keep in touch here! :)
Tiffyali,

Yes! For sure...let's keep in touch in here! Anyway I love the province where you at now. I've been to British Columbia last November. I toured around Vancouver, Whistler and Victioria and I I absolutely loved it...Goodluck to us! I'm hoping it will be fast processing for 2014 application.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hwanlj said:
I'm so angry right now.. lol

I have just called CIC one more time to see if my application is going to be transferred or not, and also about AOR..
I know I need to relax a bit..

I asked the guy first about AOR, since it's a month after they recieved mine.
The guy on the phone kept on saying that 'WE ARE OPENING APPLICATIONS RECEIVED ON JUNE 25TH, IT'S GOING TO TAKE 7-8 MONTHS FOR YOU TO GET THE LETTER"
He insisted that applicants don't get any other letter until the first stage approval... lol

I know that it takes 7-8 months for the 1stage approval.. I'm asking about AOR, but he didn't even know what "AOR" is... I explained to him that it's "Acknowledgement of Receipt" that we all get.. He had no idea what i was talking about. I was angry because of the fact that he doesn't seem to know anything about the process... they seriously need to educate the call centre officers properly..
Yeah same thing happened to me when I called yesterday they had no Idea about the AOR email and they said you're application has only been submitted around 40 days ago and I said "Yes, 99% of people get the AOR within 30 days" and he insisted that it takes months.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
To get an AOR within 30 days of application submittal is not a written rule. You can't even say 99% of AORs are sent within 30 days. Those in the 2012 applicants gotten theirs within 3 months. In the 2013 that dropped down to within 30 days after the strike was over.

There is no timeline written when to expect AOR anywhere. Only AIP and landing letters is it general broadly listed their expected timezones. Only through sharing / collecting information among others does AOR timeline was determined.

With the new changes we are seeing with applications being diverted to CIC-M, the timeline for AOR inland is anyone's guess now.

Screech339

hwanlj

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
Jan.10.2014
LANDED..........
Oct.14.2015
screech339 said:
To get an AOR within 30 days of application submittal is not a written rule. You can't even say 99% of AORs are sent within 30 days. Those in the 2012 applicants gotten theirs within 3 months. In the 2013 that dropped down to within 30 days after the strike was over.

There is no timeline written when to expect AOR anywhere. Only AIP and landing letters is it general broadly listed their expected timezones. Only through sharing / collecting information among others does AOR timeline was determined.

With the new changes we are seeing with applications being diverted to CIC-M, the timeline for AOR inland is anyone's guess now.

Screech339
Then, when they say 7months for 1stage approval, do we count from the moment we receive AOR, or from the time the app is received?