+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

gfdvca

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
civic said:
Chris Day, Minister's assistant confirmed on his twitter that big (and positive) changes are coming soon for Inland as well as all family classes though. So they did respond to massive inquires from the public.
Civic, when did he tweet this? I can't find it in his feed.

Thanks

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Milen said:
Hi everyone,

I applied and received my AOR last August, I am in my working permit and being sponsored by my husband, is its possible for me to study online then will go to school in time only of my exams? Anyone who knows please, I just want to get some certificate as I do nothing for now. Thank you in advance guys.
I believe that you can take an online course from outside of Canada, or you can study in Canada if the course is not longer than 6 months. Everything that is Canadian an longer than 6 months, you need a study permit to attend.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
There's been a "massive leap" in the "Processing Applications Received" date.

They are now looking at August 17, 2013.

That means they're up to a blistering rate of 1 day of processing date per 2 days elapsed. Even at this rate we're still going to see increasing times.
If I wasn't so personally invested in this it would be pretty funny when it starts quoting 20 months.

As a professional who lives in a border city, I'm almost at the point where I'm considering just moving to the US instead.
Apparently Canada wants me to put off starting a family as long as possible, either that or it's no longer interested in my income and property tax.

Vlad1234

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 February
Doc's Request.
Send with application
17 August , they start to do something finally!!! :eek:

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
GustavesF said:
There's been a "massive leap" in the "Processing Applications Received" date.

They are now looking at August 17, 2013.

That means they're up to a blistering rate of 1 day of processing date per 2 days elapsed. Even at this rate we're still going to see increasing times.
If I wasn't so personally invested in this it would be pretty funny when it starts quoting 20 months.

As a professional who lives in a border city, I'm almost at the point where I'm considering just moving to the US instead.
Apparently Canada wants me to put off starting a family as long as possible, either that or it's no longer interested in my income and property tax.
what's stopping you from applying outland? current us outland applicants are getting approved relatively quickly. if you can easily go back to the us, then what's stopping you from withdrawing your application and doing it the recommended way?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhcohen2014 said:
what's stopping you from applying outland? current us outland applicants are getting approved relatively quickly. if you can easily go back to the us, then what's stopping you from withdrawing your application and doing it the recommended way?
I don't think the member is an American, or s/he would have said "...move back to the U.S...."

Moving to the U.S and applying for a Green Card sounds even more painful ( and more expensive, with much stricter residency obligations) than enduring the Inland process in Canada.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
rhcohen2014 said:
I'm the Canadian, my wife is the American. We didn't apply "outland" because honest, even though it seems obvious now that we should have gone outland when we applied they looked at us like we were insane when we asked which one to apply to.

We explained to someone at CIC that we had a family member tell us they heard about applying outside of Canada, and when we inquired about it they pretended to have no idea what we were talking about. Since my wife and I were moving into a new home in Canada we were to apply inland and that was that...
I had no idea that Inland applications were just a trick designed to fool some people into wasting extra time.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
GustavesF said:
I had no idea that Inland applications were just a trick designed to fool some people into wasting extra time.
um it's not. from what i understand it was designed to be a special rule for applicants where it makes sense for them to do so. it simply does not make sense for a US citizen to apply inland. unfortunately you relied on bad advice to make a decision. as a us citizen, it was easy to figure out applying outland was the better choice, considering the flexibility it provides, so i don't think blaming CIC is very productive. No one FORCED you to apply one way over the other.

now that you know applying outland IS possible while being IN canada as a visitor, worker or student, again I ask what is stopping you from withdrawing your applicaiton and applying outland? it is very likely to still be approved quicker as outland as a us citizen at this point.

PixieDuster

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
GTA - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Inland withdrawn/ Resubmitted Outland 3-FEB-2015
AOR Received.
28-MAR-2015
File Transfer...
13-APR-2015
Passport Req..
01-MAY-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-MAY-2015
LANDED..........
17-MAY-2015
rhcohen2014 said:
um it's not. from what i understand it was designed to be a special rule for applicants where it makes sense for them to do so. unfortunately you relied on bad advice to make a decision. as a us citizen, it was easy to figure out applying outland was the better choice, considering the flexibility it provides, so i don't think blaming CIC is very productive. No one FORCED you to apply one way over the other.
I hear what you're saying, but if you talk to any CIC person they won't even suggest outland is possible if you live in Canada. And everything online upholds that view. In fact, just looking at the processing times they're labelled "Person to be sponsored lives outside of Canada" and "Person to be sponsored lives in Canada".

Seems pretty misleading to me. And, usually, probably wouldn't be an issue - that is, if the waiting times weren't up to 14 months for step I. Which is just really, really appalling.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhcohen2014 said:
um it's not. from what i understand it was designed to be a special rule for applicants where it makes sense for them to do so. unfortunately you relied on bad advice to make a decision. as a us citizen, it was easy to figure out applying outland was the better choice, considering the flexibility it provides, so i don't think blaming CIC is very productive. No one FORCED you to apply one way over the other.

now that you know applying outland IS possible while being IN canada as a visitor, worker or student, again I ask what is stopping you from withdrawing your applicaiton and applying outland? it is very likely to still be approved quicker as outland as a us citizen at this point.
Wow. Kinda harsh, IMHO.

When someone starts the process and calls CIC to get help and gets this kind of bad advice...I would also put a bit of the blame on them too.

Besides, this member is not the only American that's made this same decision, based on the somewhat cryptic information about applying Outland from within Canada.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PixieDuster said:
I hear what you're saying, but if you talk to any CIC person they won't even suggest outland is possible if you live in Canada. And everything online upholds that view. In fact, just looking at the processing times they're labelled "Person to be sponsored lives outside of Canada" and "Person to be sponsored lives in Canada".

Seems pretty misleading to me. And, usually, probably wouldn't be an issue - that is, if the waiting times weren't up to 14 months for step I. Which is just really, really appalling.
Totally concur with what you just said.

Semantics aside, when the instructions for an Outland application state that this is to be used for a person living outside of Canada, most people who are in fact living in Canada (literally, not just trying to fool anyone by `pretending' to be visiting) would logically gravitate towards the Inland application.

Clearing this up on CIC's website and with the Call Centre staff could only HELP the Inland backlog. Why are they so secretive about telling people that ARE living in Canada, rather than just saying: "Get in line and be quiet"?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
PixieDuster said:
Ponga said:
Wow. Kinda harsh, IMHO.

When someone starts the process and calls CIC to get help and gets this kind of bad advice...I would also put a bit of the blame on them too.

Besides, this member is not the only American that's made this same decision, based on the somewhat cryptic information about applying Outland from within Canada.

yes i agree the wait is ridiculous for inland. unfortunately i think it's a result of many factors, including the lack of knowledge from applicants who mistakenly apply inland when they *should* really applying a different way. it's quite a shame that CIC can't properly train their employees to understand the difference and provide accurate information. unfortunately, cic is one of the worst ways to get accurate information on their own process. again, pretty ridiculous.

i just don't understand at this point, when visa exempt applicants figure out what's up (especially 2014 applicant) what's stopping them from withdrawing and applying outland instead? to me, it just seems to be self-abuse. why go through all that when there IS another option out there?

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on the subject. obviously, my experience is from the other side, and i can't imagine what it's like to be stuck where you are.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhcohen2014 said:
yes i agree the wait is ridiculous for inland. unfortunately i think it's a result of many factors, including the lack of knowledge from applicants who mistakenly apply inland when they *should* really applying a different way. it's quite a shame that CIC can't properly train their employees to understand the difference and provide accurate information. unfortunately, cic is one of the worst ways to get accurate information on their own process. again, pretty ridiculous.

i just don't understand at this point, when visa exempt applicants figure out what's up (especially 2014 applicant) what's stopping them from withdrawing and applying outland instead. to me, it just seems to be self-abuse. why go through all that when there IS another option out there.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on the subject. obviously, my experience is from the other side, and i can't imagine what it's like to be stuck where you are.
The short answer is that if a person has already been waiting for several months (> 8 lets say), why `tear the band-aid off' and start all over again, when the net gain would be nil. The other reason could be those without status that are afraid that if they withdraw and re-apply via an Outland application, they're only asking for trouble.

So while it seems obvious to most people why some Americans are `stuck', the reasons all seem to be valid...at least in their eyes.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Ponga said:
The short answer is that if a person has already been waiting for several months (> 8 lets say), why `tear the band-aid off' and start all over again, when the net gain would be nil.
see, i don't get that. how would that be "nil"? if you are expecting to wait at LEAST another 6 months just to get 1st stage approval, then WHY NOT withdraw and apply outland? you are more likely to be fully approved in and around that same amount of time. the same receipts and medical can be used for the outland application, so if you have copies, all tht's needed is to get the other paperwork together, which i'm sure would be *easier* the second time around.

again, agree to disagree.