Send with application
mary63 said:
unbelievable! this process is so frustrating
Taking forever....

bored_waiting

Aug 30, 2014
Vlad1234 said:
Taking forever....
I stopped thinking about how long this process will take.....like that i hope i will not notice how long it is actually taking.lol!
I am also taking some courses online for a master in Project Management, to keep me busy.
I hope we all get some good news soon!
May god help us all.

CMLR

Jun 19, 2014
we got AOR on August 13th and I still cannot log in under either mine or my husbands names. So frustrating to not be able to even do that much.

On a good note. I have just gotten back from being in the US for 3 weeks and bringing a puppy back with me. No problems at the boarder none at all :) I was asked where I lived I said I am in Canada as a long term visitor trying for my PR. I was asked if I sent in the application yet I said yes. He looked at my visitor extension in my passport. Looked a my puppy's shot record and let me through with no other questions. As far as I know this was the last time I would be going across the border until at least next spring or summer, had thought my PR would be done by then, but now not so much :(

We gotta all just hang in there it will be over sometime and we will be able to look at this time as just a small portion of the rest of our lives... even though right now it feels like FOREVER!!!! Or course since I am over 50 the rest of my life is shorter than it use to be :p

Monkeyfish

Star Member
May 12, 2014
CMLR said:
we got AOR on August 13th and I still cannot log in under either mine or my husbands names. So frustrating to not be able to even do that much.

On a good note. I have just gotten back from being in the US for 3 weeks and bringing a puppy back with me. No problems at the boarder none at all :) I was asked where I lived I said I am in Canada as a long term visitor trying for my PR. I was asked if I sent in the application yet I said yes. He looked at my visitor extension in my passport. Looked a my puppy's shot record and let me through with no other questions. As far as I know this was the last time I would be going across the border until at least next spring or summer, had thought my PR would be done by then, but now not so much :(

We gotta all just hang in there it will be over sometime and we will be able to look at this time as just a small portion of the rest of our lives... even though right now it feels like FOREVER!!!! Or course since I am over 50 the rest of my life is shorter than it use to be :p
YAY! Glad you made it to-and-from the USA safely and congratulations on your new puppy! I have encountered really mean border agents who tried to make life difficult for me on my trips back from the USA in the past, so I'm too scared to take the trip during PR process. But apparently, having an issue with the CBSA can really speed up the application process in some cases, so who knows, it might be a worthwhile risk! hah hah.

In the Inland Spousal facebook group, someone was saying that there was an AIP issued for a July 30, 2013 applicant, so let's hope this movement continues.

:D

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
There was 1 AIP issued on Friday last week. We just got the news over in the 2013 Inland thread. I am keeping my fingers crossed that that is a sign that the ball is going to start rolling again and they are going to power through large amount and the AIPs will start POURING out now!!!!

Mind you it was a July 2013 applicant....but at least it is SOME sign of progress.

I hope they go crazy on the 2013 applicant AIPs so that you 2014ers can start getting some good news too!!

Best wishes to us all! :)

Elena78

May 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2014
AOR Received.
20-08-2014
ACS said:
There was 1 AIP issued on Friday last week. We just got the news over in the 2013 Inland thread. I am keeping my fingers crossed that that is a sign that the ball is going to start rolling again and they are going to power through large amount and the AIPs will start POURING out now!!!!

Mind you it was a July 2013 applicant....but at least it is SOME sign of progress.

I hope they go crazy on the 2013 applicant AIPs so that you 2014ers can start getting some good news too!!

Best wishes to us all! :)
I really hope that they start ball rolling. It's also frustrating seeing that date July 30, 2013 all the time, I feel like it will never change.

ROOPsy

Sep 12, 2014
Category: Family
Visa Office: Missisauga
Application Submitted: September 28, 2014
Application Received: September 30, 2014
Open Work Permit: Submitted together with the spousal application
Medical: Submitted
Fee: Paid upfront

missworld13

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
02-09-2014 AIP
Med's Done....
03-01-2014
Passport Req..
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
I want to know one thing, I received an AIP almost a month back. I didn't send work permit application with my file. Can I apply for work permit now and if yes, should I include AIP copy with that... Also does it say in AIP whether I am eligible to apply for work permit or not, As it didnt say anything like that on my AIP.

Please help

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
In the order of your questions:

-Yes
-Yes
-Sometimes

It's also f&**(()ing funny how CIC catered to people who didn't follow the rules (you had red flags, I think?) than those of us who did & continue to do so.

Absolutely ridiculous.

missworld13 said:
I want to know one thing, I received an AIP almost a month back. I didn't send work permit application with my file. Can I apply for work permit now and if yes, should I include AIP copy with that... Also does it say in AIP whether I am eligible to apply for work permit or not, As it didnt say anything like that on my AIP.

Please help

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
azarme09 said:
It's also f&**(()ing funny how CIC catered to people who didn't follow the rules (you had red flags, I think?) than those of us who did & continue to do so.

Absolutely ridiculous.
It's not that CIC catered to a person with `red flags', it's that they gave the applicant priority processing because CBSA had requested it to prevent them from removing the applicant from Canada...as unfair as it may seem to some.

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
Yes, I know.

I'm not saying that it is not understandable. I'm saying that it is not fair to leave everyone in limbo for months at a time while they sort themselves out. If we had to be in limbo like this anyway, we may as well have waited until past the expiration of our status prior to the application and filed a late application forcing CBSA to expedite our process. Makes sense?

This is absolutely not the fault of either cases of applicants. This is just one of the absurdities of the red tape of the system, I guess.

Still frustrating.

Ponga said:
It's not that CIC catered to a person with `red flags', it's that they gave the applicant priority processing because CBSA had requested it to prevent them from removing the applicant from Canada...as unfair as it may seem to some.

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i can see my ecas now.
Our application was received on march 12, 2014
AOR- aug 6, 2014
Started processing on Sept 24, 2014

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
Soon... 25/6/2015 !!!!!!!!!!! Anticipated
Simkr said:
i can see my ecas now.
Our application was received on march 12, 2014
AOR- aug 6, 2014
Started processing on Sept 22, 2014
:) Congrats.

Jabs 77

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-14
AOR Received.
14-02-14
Really started processing already , I'm february applicant our ECAS says received only . what a heck is happening