Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
emmisocks said:
I just need to share. I'm so excited. We sent our application in on July 31, 2013. This morning I checked my email and we FINALLY made it through stage 1! My husband was approved as my sponsor and I'm FINALLY going to be getting my work permit. I can FINALLY get a job and I can FINALLY get some health coverage! I might even be allowed to finally take a French class in town. Seeing their website be stuck on July 30, 2013 for so damn long was such a punch in the gut. It finally feels like we're getting somewhere!
Congrats! I hope your get your work permit super quickly!

Littlesoldier

Oct 6, 2014
emmisocks said:
I just need to share. I'm so excited. We sent our application in on July 31, 2013. This morning I checked my email and we FINALLY made it through stage 1! My husband was approved as my sponsor and I'm FINALLY going to be getting my work permit. I can FINALLY get a job and I can FINALLY get some health coverage! I might even be allowed to finally take a French class in town. Seeing their website be stuck on July 30, 2013 for so damn long was such a punch in the gut. It finally feels like we're getting somewhere!
Congrats!! ;) But I thought it is eligible to take part time french class for free just with AOR?

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
emmisocks said:
Congrats!!!!!!!

MiriMinBC

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
emmisocks said:
Congrats!!

emmisocks

Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
Thanks everyone! I'm still in shock. It hasn't sunk in yet that after over a year, we've finally moved to stage 2. The waiting has been such a strain on our marriage. Hopefully with both of us working, we can move forward a bit. :] Here's hoping our good fortune is shared with the rest of you folks still in limbo!

Littlesoldier said:
Congrats!! ;) But I thought it is eligible to take part time french class for free just with AOR?
If it is, I never knew. :/ I don't necessarily need the French, but I really think it'll come in handy.

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
What a headache this whole thing is..... here is what me and my partner decided.

We sent our PR and OWP app Sept 13, it was received Sept 18 2013.They're currently working on July 31st.

My common-law partners Post Graduate Work Permit expires Nov 30, 2014.

There is about a month and a half of apps before they get to ours.....most likely, her pgwp will expire before we get stage 1 approval.

Call center agents have stated numerous times that she can continue working under implied status even after her work permit expires but she will not have a valid SIN after November 30th. She read on japanese canadian immigration forums that call center agents dont always know the rules (wow...right...) and that you have to stop working once your PGWP expires... even if you have applied for PR and OWP. Otherwise they can deny you immigration because you worked illegally.

After carefully thinking about it....she has decided to stop working and she will 'volunteer' there and not get paid..but they'll hold her position. How sad is that.... We're going to have to survive on one income for however long it takes for us to get stage one approval.

I see that they moved the website forward one day this morning.... and that someone else got AIP...
maybe this is a sign that things will speed up ... I dont know... *fingers crossed*

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bankerguy said:
What a headache this whole thing is..... here is what me and my partner decided.

We sent our PR and OWP app Sept 13, it was received Sept 18 2013.They're currently working on July 31st.

There is about a month and a half of apps before they get to ours.....most likely, her pgwp will expire before we get stage 1 approval.

Call center agents have stated numerous times that she can continue working under implied status even after her work permit expires but she will not have a valid SIN after November 30th. She read on japanese canadian immigration forums that call center agents dont always know the rules (wow...right...) and that you have to stop working once your PGWP expires... even if you have applied for PR and OWP. Otherwise they can deny you immigration because you worked illegally.

After carefully thinking about it....she has decided to stop working and she will 'volunteer' there and not get paid..but they'll hold her position. How sad is that.... We're going to have to survive on one income for however long it takes for us to get stage one approval.

I see that they moved the website forward one day this morning.... and that someone else got AIP...
maybe this is a sign that things will speed up ... I dont know... *fingers crossed*
Unfortunately, that will be just as bad as working, since she will be doing `work' that a person [her] would normally have been paid to do.

I concur that this is getting out of hand, but I'm not sure that your plan will work...no pun intended.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
bankerguy said:

Maybe you can try to get your MP involved to get an official response from CIC.

Your MP has the ability to get an official answer from the Minister of Immigration office. According to their internal policies the minister has to reply within a week or so. Tell your MP you are getting conflicting responses from CIC on this matter.

My friend did something when the processing time on her PR application was way past the official time.

As Ponga said you cannot 'volunteer' for the same position.

jen1975

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-03-2014....CPC-M
Med's Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
14-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2013...(DM)
LANDED..........
26-08-2014 in Montreal
emmisocks said:
Thanks everyone! I'm still in shock. It hasn't sunk in yet that after over a year, we've finally moved to stage 2. The waiting has been such a strain on our marriage. Hopefully with both of us working, we can move forward a bit. :] Here's hoping our good fortune is shared with the rest of you folks still in limbo!

If it is, I never knew. :/ I don't necessarily need the French, but I really think it'll come in handy.

Congrats on your API but being an applicant from Quebec I am sorry to tell you that you have to get PR before you can get anything here ......... :(

TinyWingss

Sep 29, 2014
bankerguy said:

I have a similar issue too, but they told us to stop working and change status from Worker to Visitor to be able to continue staying in Canada.

Brazilian Canadian

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bankerguy said:

If she's going to volunteer for a position someone would be paid to do, she would need a work visa, as per Canadian law. So if she's going to keep working, she might just well get paid. The implied status for IEC and PGWP is very controversial, there's no official statement saying this classes of visa can not continue working on implied status. Some people continue and some don't.

flange12

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2013
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13-01-2015
LANDED..........
11-03-2015
So my application was received August 1st.... and today... WE GOT SPONSORSHIP APPROVAL!! Hopefully the AIP email comes soon. They are officially working in August! So happy!

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
flange12 said:
So my application was received August 1st.... and today... WE GOT SPONSORSHIP APPROVAL!! Hopefully the AIP email comes soon. They are officially working in August! So happy!
WOW!! Congrats!!! Finally an August applicant!

emmisocks

Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
jen1975 said:
Congrats on your API but being an applicant from Quebec I am sorry to tell you that you have to get PR before you can get anything here ......... :(

I'm in Saskatchewan, so I think I should be fine. The letter I received said I'd be receiving my work permit soon and that, if I hadn't already, I could apply to study as well.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
flange12 said:
OMG OMG OMG.....I jumped up and screamed the news to my whole house. .. And probably half the neighborhood. Lol.

OUR FIRST AUGUST APPROVAL! !!:-D

congrats! You have made my day. .....!!!!! Lol