+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Guapa said:
Hi guys,

We need some help and clarification.
So here is the story: My wife is here in Canada as a visitor. Her visitor visa expires on November 9th (in a month). We are preparing inland application. Almost done with collecting all the documents ( Just waiting for FBI clearance. she was studying in US for more than 6 months.) Dont know why FBI takes so long, we sent the request on August 9th, they cashed the check Sept 9th, and we still didnt receive the document.) Regardless if we get FBI clearance or not, our lawyer said we will sent the application the latest on November 1.

My question is: Since we are applying inland, do we need to extend my wifes visitor visa? As per our lawyer ( as we all know they make mistakes as well), she stated that they never extended visitors status for inland applicants and that applicant will be under "implied status".

Can you please please please tell us is thats the case. we are really concerned and def dont want to do something wrong.

any advice is much appreciated.

Thank you
If an application for an OWP is included in the sponsorship application then yes she will have implied status. Be sure CIC receives your application prior to Nov. 9.

Where is your wife from? Why are you applying inland? Did you consider outland? Depending on where she is from the processing time could be significantly shorter.

thegorchess

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-10-2013
The backdating they do when they update the site really makes me mad. It is so dishonest. It sickens me to see how dishonest my government is. This whole process has really turned me off a country I was always thankful to be born in.

Signed, a disillusioned Canadian with a saucy American husband.

MiriMinBC

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Someone smart or someone who just may know! What does this mean???

When I finally got through the call centre agent said I had passed medical and criminality and all they are waiting on is the eligibility letter to be released.

We don't even have AIP yet. So what does all that mean???

WeCanadoIt

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-04-2015
Guys , Please please please please get involved in my project. I have received some really heartwrenching pics so far but I dont have enough to create a whole video.

If you are sick of this wait, This is your chance to do something about it!!

Im creating a video with facts about our struggle and pics of multiple applicants and the situation people are in.
What I need from you guys is a picture of you holding a piece of paper/card with the following written on it:
How many days you are waiting(extra big), No health care, Cant work etc.
example: 320 days IN LIMBO, No healthcare, Cant work, Pregnant.

Im hoping the finished video will go viral and we can send it to people to explain our story.

Please attach your pic to an email and send it to inlandpics @ mail.com.

Any pics sent will only be used for this project.
Thanks guys!!

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MiriMinBC said:
Someone smart or someone who just may know! What does this mean???

When I finally got through the call centre agent said I had passed medical and criminality and all they are waiting on is the eligibility letter to be released.

We don't even have AIP yet. So what does all that mean???
I guess (i am not smart) most of the baclogged applicants (even those applied in 2014) has been preapproved for AIPs but, they are holding AIPs for some unknown reasons and CIC won't tell us. They lack of transparency and accountability.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WeCanadoIt said:
Guys , Please please please please get involved in my project. I have received some really heartwrenching pics so far but I dont have enough to create a whole video.

If you are sick of this wait, This is your chance to do something about it!!

Im creating a video with facts about our struggle and pics of multiple applicants and the situation people are in.
What I need from you guys is a picture of you holding a piece of paper/card with the following written on it:
How many days you are waiting(extra big), No health care, Cant work etc.
example: 320 days IN LIMBO, No healthcare, Cant work, Pregnant.

Im hoping the finished video will go viral and we can send it to people to explain our story.

Please attach your pic to an email and send it to inlandpics @ mail.com.

Any pics sent will only be used for this project.
Thanks guys!!
Keep us updated with your progress. You have asked a number of people to send you photos here and on Fb page, how is everything going? When should we expect to see your completion? How many more you need? And Why? Thanks

emmisocks

Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
I just need to share. I'm so excited. We sent our application in on July 31, 2013. This morning I checked my email and we FINALLY made it through stage 1! My husband was approved as my sponsor and I'm FINALLY going to be getting my work permit. I can FINALLY get a job and I can FINALLY get some health coverage! I might even be allowed to finally take a French class in town. Seeing their website be stuck on July 30, 2013 for so damn long was such a punch in the gut. It finally feels like we're getting somewhere!

WeCanadoIt

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-04-2015
civic said:
Keep us updated with your progress. You have asked a number of people to send you photos here and on Fb page, how is everything going? When should we expect to see your completion? How many more you need? And Why? Thanks
I have only received about 5 so far but each one tells a sad story and putting all these together and sharing it will send a powerful message. One that cannot be ignored. Get this video in front of those people who make the big decisions and we will see changes. Lets do something. What only takes a minute for you could change so much for so many.
The people who have responded so far are willing to put their story on camera so that maybe, things will change. Lets at least try.

flange12

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2013
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13-01-2015
LANDED..........
11-03-2015
emmisocks said:
I just need to share. I'm so excited. We sent our application in on July 31, 2013. This morning I checked my email and we FINALLY made it through stage 1! My husband was approved as my sponsor and I'm FINALLY going to be getting my work permit. I can FINALLY get a job and I can FINALLY get some health coverage! I might even be allowed to finally take a French class in town. Seeing their website be stuck on July 30, 2013 for so damn long was such a punch in the gut. It finally feels like we're getting somewhere!
Congrats!! That's great they are finally moving. Hopefully mine will be soon to follow :D

3september2013

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013 re-applied April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
emmisocks said:
WOOHOO! Congrats! So happy for you and for all of us! Good to see some movement!

torontomike

Jan 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-06-2013
My wife and I are in the same boat. We are past 8 months on 2nd stage, and nothing in sight. We did the medical in March too--her PR application was being processed since February 6, after my sponsorship was approved. This is seriously threatening my marriage and I am depressed about it.

americanadians said:
So we're nearing the 8 month mark on the 2nd stage of our application (medical were done in March, so I'm counting 8 months from when they received them which was also in March). I'm getting nervous that we haven't heard anything. Judging by the google chart thing there are peopl who applied after us who already have DM. AGHHH I just want this to be over so all this wondering and worrying can stop. Does it really make it THAT much faster if you sent in your meds WITH the app? We didn't have that option. I wish we had! Anyone else who applied around May 2013 twiddling their thumbs and hoping any day now?

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
emmisocks said:
Yaaaayyy!!!!!! Congrats!!! Love seeing the movement!!!!!!!!!! :D

thegorchess

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-10-2013
emmisocks said:
Congrats. It must have been so hard to be so close but yet so far.