20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
thegorchess said:
My husband is in the exact same situation as you, but is covered by my plan. They didn't ask for anything beyond his name. He has been using it for a year for dental work.

I think you are just unfortunate to be associated with a company that looks in to such matters. With over 10,000 on our plan I do not think our company has time to investigate.
Even if the company doesn't have time to investigate, the company medical insurance company may have the time to investigate and can come after those who were not entitled to work insurance benefits. There has been a couple of postings to the effect that they had to pay back the medical deductions made back to insurance company after the insurance company found out that the spouse was not on provincial health coverage.

You can make some calls to major insurance companies like sun life, manulife, and the like will all tell you that you need to be on provincial health coverage in order to gain work medical benefits.

Screech339

thegorchess

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-10-2013
screech339 said:
Even if the company doesn't have time to investigate, the company medical insurance company may have the time to investigate and can come after those who were not entitled to work insurance benefits. There has been a couple of postings to the effect that they had to pay back the medical deductions made back to insurance company after the insurance company found out that the spouse was not on provincial health coverage.

You can make some calls to major insurance companies like sun life, manulife, and the like will all tell you that you need to be on provincial health coverage in order to gain work medical benefits.

Screech339
I am already in massive debt. I am not going to bother to investigate if that has just increased by a few thousand. At this point it is just a drop in the bucket of my debt created by this atrocious system.

indonesia

Aug 11, 2014
Hi everyone I am in dilemma right now seeking for advice. My PR sponsorship file was received on 22 Aug 2013 (all docs included, health check etc.) As everyone aware of CIC is processing Inland Sponsorship very slow at this point, we are still seeing they are working on July 29, 2013. My dilemma is due to my expiring post secondary open working permit (Sept 1 2014) while I have just got interviewed by this very prospective company with very high chance of getting hired as a full timer. I have never mentioned my expiring working permit to them because I was afraid they are going to reject me if I tell that way upfront. But at this point I really need to solve my working permit problem. Anyone having similar problem can en-light me what are my options beside requesting an LMO if they hire me? The company seemed to want to hire immediately so waiting for my AIP for open work permit is too far from now (at CIC rate maybe hopefully I can get my AIP in a month or so then I can apply for OWP and start working by mid October with the OWP).
I also have to mention that getting a full time position is very difficult, I have been trying for the past 1 year so I wanted to keep this opportunity if I can.
Please help.

indonesia

Aug 11, 2014
Correction, its is called LMIA since June 2014, no longer LMO. The requirement for employer to obtain LMIA is much more demanding and comprehensive than LMO. Also the fee spiked up from LMO 275 to LMIA 1000+100, this fee are meant for the employer to pay for wanting to hire foreign worker.
OMG.. I am so doomed now.. sad....

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
indonesia said:
Hi everyone I am in dilemma right now seeking for advice. My PR sponsorship file was received on 22 Aug 2013 (all docs included, health check etc.) As everyone aware of CIC is processing Inland Sponsorship very slow at this point, we are still seeing they are working on July 29, 2013. My dilemma is due to my expiring post secondary open working permit (Sept 1 2014) while I have just got interviewed by this very prospective company with very high chance of getting hired as a full timer. I have never mentioned my expiring working permit to them because I was afraid they are going to reject me if I tell that way upfront. But at this point I really need to solve my working permit problem. Anyone having similar problem can en-light me what are my options beside requesting an LMO if they hire me? The company seemed to want to hire immediately so waiting for my AIP for open work permit is too far from now (at CIC rate maybe hopefully I can get my AIP in a month or so then I can apply for OWP and start working by mid October with the OWP).
I also have to mention that getting a full time position is very difficult, I have been trying for the past 1 year so I wanted to keep this opportunity if I can.
Please help.
From what I am understanding, when you say post secondary open work permit, don't you mean "Post Graduate Work Permit"?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm afraid that waiting for AIP to then apply [online is faster] for an OWP is your only safe option.

There have been many discussions/debates concerning PGWP holders and OWP. Since you did not include the OWP with your Inland application, there is no issue of implied status here, which leads me to believe that you really are...stuck.

Good luck!

ckwilson93

Jul 19, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AchankengCrawford said:
A lot of people are common-law, not married. Also, can you get this if you don't have an extension, just implied status? I spoke with many people here in AB about that and I do not think there is a way for my partner to get and AHC card.

I'm not sure, I know all we had to bring to the registry was my husbands visitor extension paper and his passport, and they added him to my Alberta Health account as a spouse, and he got his own card and number in the mail, but it has an expiry date on it (which is the same date his visitor extension expires), we just have to keep renewing it. Do you have any documents being on implied status? Because I think they need an official document.

jen1975

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-03-2014....CPC-M
Med's Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
14-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2013...(DM)
LANDED..........
26-08-2014 in Montreal
Did anyone get any improvement on their status for this week ?

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
ckwilson93 said:
I'm not sure, I know all we had to bring to the registry was my husbands visitor extension paper and his passport, and they added him to my Alberta Health account as a spouse, and he got his own card and number in the mail, but it has an expiry date on it (which is the same date his visitor extension expires), we just have to keep renewing it. Do you have any documents being on implied status? Because I think they need an official document.
We have AOR and we also have a letter saying his OWP won't be processed until he gets AIP. I don't know if that would count.

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
screech339 said:

Screech339
My partner is covered by Manulife on my work benefits and does not have provincial coverage. I asked both the Manulife reps who gave a presentation at my work and I called and asked as well. They all said they would cover him for the plan, but they do not cover him for anything that Alberta Health Services would cover.

ckwilson93

Jul 19, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AchankengCrawford said:
We have AOR and we also have a letter saying his OWP won't be processed until he gets AIP. I don't know if that would count.
We only have AOR as well, no AIP or anything else. Almost positive I can't add him to my benefits at any job I would have, but he still does have his own alberta health card.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ckwilson93 said:
We only have AOR as well, no AIP or anything else. Almost positive I can't add him to my benefits at any job I would have, but he still does have his own alberta health card.
In my case my wife has ALberta health care and she also got workplace supplemental health coverage. Its Great West Life. they didnt bother to check the immigration status. I just added. No question!

kismetfatum

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
jen1975 said:
Did anyone get any improvement on their status for this week ?
I just called this morning, we are July 31 applicants. Agent said they have not processed the first stage of our application yet, they are still looking at applications before ours... so I asked how many did they have since in the website it says July 29th and she said they had a high volume in July so they can not be sure when they will even start processing ours yet. So I don't think we will hear from them this week, most likely in a few more weeks at this rate. I don't know what they plan on updating on their website since they have not even reached July 31st!

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Anyone placing guesses on the status update today??

Will we go back to July 26th perhaps? ??? ::) :p

Or make the huge jump forward to July 30th? (again...)