July 30, 2013
AOR Received.
Aug 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
Jan 19, 2015
kismetfatum said:
I just called this morning, we are July 31 applicants. Agent said they have not processed the first stage of our application yet, they are still looking at applications before ours... so I asked how many did they have since in the website it says July 29th and she said they had a high volume in July so they can not be sure when they will even start processing ours yet. So I don't think we will hear from them this week, most likely in a few more weeks at this rate. I don't know what they plan on updating on their website since they have not even reached July 31st!
That's all excuses. I think they are short in people, so they have to work on different kind of applications, and we are not priority. I found in average they only update one day every two weeks, so I don't expect that they will update this week.

Guanaquito

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waiting forever :(
LANDED..........
Waiting & waiting forever
ACS said:
Anyone placing guesses on the status update today??

Will we go back to July 26th perhaps? ??? ::) :p

Or make the huge jump forward to July 30th? (again...)
Well, probably it will keep on July 29th but yeah to see the HUGE!! HUGE jump forward to July 30th will be a big surprise :eek:

Guanaquito

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waiting forever :(
LANDED..........
Waiting & waiting forever
I am getting close to 9 months waiting, so hard not to be able to work & live ours live normal.
I hope to heard something before next year ???
To bad they stop working because at this time for sure everyone ahead of me should have AIP already :'(

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Vegreville /CPC - Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
I don't think they will bother to update, the trend seems to be every two weeks now. Pure ridiculousness. At this point its frustrating to log into the forum or my email and find no update. I just wonder why the hell it costs $1000 to get the god damn sponsorship, when they don't even work the applications. I am ready to write a twitter status and # citizenship canada and everyone that can listen. Just don;t know how effective it will be.
Guanaquito said:
Well, probably it will keep on July 29th but yeah to see the HUGE!! HUGE jump forward to July 30th will be a big surprise :eek:

MiriMinBC

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
nurse2012 said:
That's all excuses. I think they are short in people, so they have to work on different kind of applications, and we are not priority. I found in average they only update one day every two weeks, so I don't expect that they will update this week.
Well when they closed Vegreville and made it all Mississauga, I don't think they hired a bunch of officers. A they likely did was increase the workload of the existing officers.

MiriMinBC

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
So, not that anyone here works for CIC but maybe someone knows. Back in June I was told "decision on 1st part any day because all the documents have been reviewed!". As it turns out, they didn't open the additional documents they requested until July 27th. I found that out last Friday after I tearfully asked a call centre agent why one agent said they had been reviewed and another said no they hadn't. Lying is not good, kids. Government employees lying is even worse.

Anyway, once they've opened some mail, do they actually process it or throw it into another pile to languish? The additional documents were just another copy of our marriage cert from here in BC and a better timeline of me and my husband's relationship. You'd think having a kid together and another on the way would be good evidence.

princesultan

Aug 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-13
AOR Received.
08-09-13
Med's Done....
10-05-13
this is turning into a joke

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Vegreville /CPC - Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
Have you guys contacted your MP? If not do that right away and have ur husband explain to the MP the hardship of u not being able to work. In response to your question I think they set certain dates to review the file. Maybe send a case specific inquiry rather than calling yhe call center! That will be more effective.
MiriMinBC said:
So, not that anyone here works for CIC but maybe someone knows. Back in June I was told "decision on 1st part any day because all the documents have been reviewed!". As it turns out, they didn't open the additional documents they requested until July 27th. I found that out last Friday after I tearfully asked a call centre agent why one agent said they had been reviewed and another said no they hadn't. Lying is not good, kids. Government employees lying is even worse.

Anyway, once they've opened some mail, do they actually process it or throw it into another pile to languish? The additional documents were just another copy of our marriage cert from here in BC and a better timeline of me and my husband's relationship. You'd think having a kid together and another on the way would be good evidence.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ortom said:
Have you guys contacted your MP? If not do that right away and have ur husband explain to the MP the hardship of u not being able to work. In response to your question I think they set certain dates to review the file. Maybe send a case specific inquiry rather than calling yhe call center! That will be more effective.
I will make appointment to meet and discuss this with my MP.
What a joke!

MiriMinBC

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
ortom said:

Oh yes we have. It started because CRA took away my husband's GST refunds because they are convinced that I am actually a Canadian citizen who refuses to give my SIN. Even though they've been sent copies of my AOR letter and my international tax filing.

Our MLA's secretary said they've tried to talk to CIC for other constituents in the past and it goes nowhere.

My Canadian citizen husband has become very unimpressed with his own country. And no amount of positive thinking makes up for the endless lies and BS.

kismetfatum

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
ortom said:
I think Ortomom is right, when I ordered my notes I was intrigued by a note that says "due by August 27th, 2014" which is 12 months after the date on my ecas for "started processing file in August 2th 2013".... I Thing they assign a due date for each case file. But not sure!

kismetfatum

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
kismetfatum said:
I think Ortomom is right, when I ordered my notes I was intrigued by a note that says "due by August 27th, 2014" which is 12 months after the date on my ecas for "started processing file in August 2th 2013".... I Thing they assign a due date for each case file. But not sure!
Sorry, meant Ortom, not Ortomom! Autocorrect!

MiriMinBC

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
kismetfatum said:
I've noticed there are 2 sets of notes. One free and the other $5. Is there a difference? Is the $5 version processed faster?

kismetfatum

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
MiriMinBC said:
I've noticed there are 2 sets of notes. One free and the other $5. Is there a difference? Is the $5 version processed faster?

I did the $5 ones and it took 30 days. Not sure about the other ones! At this point I don't see the purpose of getting them.