+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Linden said:
FYI. Here's a thread about someone getting an email from CIC saying that IEC visas do not benefit from implied status and were caught working illegally.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/apply-inland-after-iec-expire-keep-working-and-now-aip-refuse-t163087.0.html

PS - I would bring that email you got from CIC to your landing interview in case it ever came up.
Ah yes...The thread with 11 pages of `back and forth', ad nauseam!

Good find though!

Jul 24, 2014
civic said:
You are saying your new application was received in May 2014. And in July 2014, CIC advised you that Decision has been made and local office will contact you? That means they are opening files received in May and before. But I understand March and April applicants not getting AORs yet. So I understand they looked at the files but takes them some time to send AOR?
no. they didnt update anything on my file what im saying is i sent reapply again on may. but they didnt update it online.
when i use my uci number to check the onlien status it still shows the older one tho.
thats the reason why i called them and they told me they actually just reopened the application for me so i dont have to wait another one year.

Jul 24, 2014
civic said:
You are saying your new application was received in May 2014. And in July 2014, CIC advised you that Decision has been made and local office will contact you? That means they are opening files received in May and before. But I understand March and April applicants not getting AORs yet. So I understand they looked at the files but takes them some time to send AOR?
and yea you are right thats why im kinda confused.
they sent me the email this tuesday and saying that we pleased to advise your that your xxx has been complete and the etobicoke office will contact you .... At the time of your appointment, you and your family members, if any, will
be required to present the original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration
Centre. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be
made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the
confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your
passport or identity documents.

something like this

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
bellomeanshalo said:
no. they didnt update anything on my file what im saying is i sent reapply again on may. but they didnt update it online.
when i use my uci number to check the onlien status it still shows the older one tho.
thats the reason why i called them and they told me they actually just reopened the application for me so i dont have to wait another one year.
So did you get a refund on the cost of your 2nd application?

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
bellomeanshalo said:
Have you asked them about getting a refund? I mean if they just re-opened your original application you'd figure they refund your 2nd application.

Well at least you got DM. Don't how long it takes to hear from etocbicoke? Have you changed addresses since you originally applied?

Jul 24, 2014
Linden said:
Have you asked them about getting a refund? I mean if they just re-opened your original application you'd figure they refund your 2nd application.

Well at least you got DM. Don't how long it takes to hear from etocbicoke? Have you changed addresses since you originally applied?
yea i did. i changed my address to north york. the older one was in scarbrough. thanks

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
bellomeanshalo said:
yea i did. i changed my address to north york. the older one was in scarbrough. thanks
I'm guessing your original landing letter went to your old address. I would call CIC to make sure they have your new address. Even if it shows the correct one online it may not have updated on their system.

Jul 24, 2014
Linden said:
I'm guessing your original landing letter went to your old address. I would call CIC to make sure they have your new address. Even if it shows the correct one online it may not have updated on their system.
yea i did. i called them to confirm it twice this week already they were yea they got the right one this time.
anyways thanks!! but i just dont know how long would it take until i got the letter from etobicoke.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
lellen said:
But I got it in writing FROM the CIC agent I talked to on the phone. If you can't trust call center agents, who CAN you trust?
They ARE CIC, they're our only contact with CIC. If they have told you this about IEC, then you should trust THEM.
PGWP is not extendable as well. Lady on the phone told me back then: you can't extend your PGWP, it's a one time thing, you have to apply for a new closed work permit. BUT if you apply, you can continue to work under implied status while the new permit is processed. So it has nothing to do with extension, like they told you.

How do you know the IEC is false info then? How did people get in trouble? Maybe they weren't on implied status while they were working. If most people who have called CIC have been told the same thing, it's probably not false, just saying. I haven't had any experience with IEC whatsoever so I don't really know the right answer. But let's be a little bit more trusting of the call centre, scepticism is OK but seriously...
It's not a matter of skepticism, it's a matter of facts. I have 2 friends who did the same thing and were caught working illegally. They had status when they filed their PR applications with OWP and the excuse that CIC call centre told us so, didn't go well with CBSA. They had to go home and had their applications cancelled. It's good that you have it in writing, didn't even know they could do that and didn't think of doing that but still not sure how CBSA would take it nor of course if it's the same thing with IEC and PGWP.

I also have good relations with a couple of high ranked SINP officers who were eager to look into it for me and they told me I couldn't keep working, so I've stopped, although the real life examples of my 2 friends were more than enough to convince me anyway. Also it's not the first time government agencies here have trouble working with one another, I have many more examples.

At the end of the day, it's CBSA who send you home, not CIC and their response was that "we don't care what CIC told you in the phone, you didn't have the right to keep working."

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Some questions here are easy to answer, like: "Do I have to fill out this form, or that form...", but when it comes to things like THIS, it's always a good idea to speak with someone that should know for sure...like a good immigration lawyer...not just the members of a public forum.

Think of it as an investment in your future. :D

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
Ponga said:
Some questions here are easy to answer, like: "Do I have to fill out this form, or that form...", but when it comes to things like THIS, it's always a good idea to speak with someone that should know for sure...like a good immigration lawyer...not just the members of a public forum.

Think of it as an investment in your future. :D
That's for sure. Although in this case, since 2 people I personally knew suffered from this, I wouldn't and didn't risk it. If I had severe survival issues I might have pushed it further but I'm fortunate enough to be able to wait, so I will.

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
Okay now I'm so confused what is right what is wrong and who knew better for fact and who doesn't. I don't know. Now is there anyone has an experience being a TFW and your WP expires while you are waiting your inland application being processed? Did you keep working with your current employer? Oh my gosh I'm getting crazy here. I just hope good news is on the way.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
Princess029 said:
Okay now I'm so confused what is right what is wrong and who knew better for fact and who doesn't. I don't know. Now is there anyone has an experience being a TFW and your WP expires while you are waiting your inland application being processed? Did you keep working with your current employer? Oh my gosh I'm getting crazy here. I just hope good news is on the way.
If you had sent an OWP application with your PR one, you should have implied status. We were just talking about some special cases before that have become grey areas.

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
So I don't need to get a new LMO to keep working with my current employer while waiting my application to be done. Is that correct.? Thnx