+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Ponga said:
Only if you had IEC or PGWP...which you said that you do NOT have.
Ponga, I think technically you are right about PGWP according to CIC rules but for whatever reason the people at CIC seem to treat the PGWP differently from the IEC. I have seen people report getting an email from CIC saying that they are on implied status with a PGWP and can continue to work like lellen did. I think if the OP gets something in writing from CIC then they'll probably be 'okay' to work. I'd like to see CIC defend themselves if they provide something in writing like that.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
kismetfatum said:
I just called CIC and they actually confirmed this information. You can continue to work on PGWP as long as you had applied for OWP with inland app. Then again, if I call again tomorrow someone in CIC might tell me differently, but I'm going to just wait and see what happens. Hopefully our AIPS and OWPs will start coming soon!
Good luck everyone
What are the restrictions stated on your PGWP? I think you'll get AIP anyway before PGWP expires.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lellen said:
You keep telling people they can't continue working. I received several emails and confirmation from CIC agents (which is more reliable than random civilians in my opinion) that if you're under PGWP you CAN continue to work. I've said this to you in the past, but you just seemed to ignore me.
It changes a lot of lives that this is possible. It is very important that people get the right information, I always tell people to confirm with CIC or something because somebody could stop working just from seeing your post. I know you're pretty wise in this area and I have complete respect for you, so I didn't mean to sound confrontational, I just hope that you know that sometimes giving people wrong information can change their lives. Trust me on this, I don't know much but people with PGWP please don't worry because you can continue to work! I have done it, CIC knows that I have done, it's FINE.
Nobody should ever take what is found here as the `gospel' when it comes to CIC, because most of us here are NOT immigration lawyers, or even consultants;Just average people simply trying to help each other get through this vortex in our lives.

I apologize to you, and to the community here, if any of my posts have caused anyone to make a tragic mistake. I will defer from commenting on anything that is not absolutely clear as to the correct answer to a question...whenever possible.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
lellen said:
You keep telling people they can't continue working. I received several emails and confirmation from CIC agents (which is more reliable than random civilians in my opinion) that if you're under PGWP you CAN continue to work. I've said this to you in the past, but you just seemed to ignore me.
It changes a lot of lives that this is possible. It is very important that people get the right information, I always tell people to confirm with CIC or something because somebody could stop working just from seeing your post. I know you're pretty wise in this area and I have complete respect for you, so I didn't mean to sound confrontational, I just hope that you know that sometimes giving people wrong information can change their lives. Trust me on this, I don't know much but people with PGWP please don't worry because you can continue to work! I have done it, CIC knows that I have done, it's FINE.
I don't know anything about PGWPs, I want to be clear with this. However, just playing the devil's advocate here and say that most of the people who have called CIC, including me, have been told the very same thing about IEC. In fact when telling them that IEC is not extendable, they went as far as to reply that it's not a matter of extension, but a matter of implied status. This is false info, came directly from CIC and personally know people who got in trouble because they kept working since that's what they were told by CIC.

Again, not saying this has anything to do with PGWPs, but worth noting since IEC was mentioned as well.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beholder69 said:
I don't know anything about PGWPs, I want to be clear with this. However, just playing the devil's advocate here and say that most of the people who have called CIC, including me, have been told the very same thing about IEC. In fact when telling them that IEC is not extendable, they went as far as to reply that it's not a matter of extension, but a matter of implied status. This is false info, came directly from CIC and personally know people who got in trouble because they kept working since that's what they were told by CIC.

Again, not saying this has anything to do with PGWPs, but worth noting since IEC was mentioned as well.
Exactly! If you can't trust CIC to give a correct answer...
? ? ?

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
beholder69 said:

yeah i wouldn't trust anything that comes from the call center agents though if you are able to get this in writing as lellen did at least you are able to defend yourself if CIC ever makes an issue about it.

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
But I got it in writing FROM the CIC agent I talked to on the phone. If you can't trust call center agents, who CAN you trust?
They ARE CIC, they're our only contact with CIC. If they have told you this about IEC, then you should trust THEM.
PGWP is not extendable as well. Lady on the phone told me back then: you can't extend your PGWP, it's a one time thing, you have to apply for a new closed work permit. BUT if you apply, you can continue to work under implied status while the new permit is processed. So it has nothing to do with extension, like they told you.

How do you know the IEC is false info then? How did people get in trouble? Maybe they weren't on implied status while they were working. If most people who have called CIC have been told the same thing, it's probably not false, just saying. I haven't had any experience with IEC whatsoever so I don't really know the right answer. But let's be a little bit more trusting of the call centre, scepticism is OK but seriously...

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
So.. another week is coming to an end and only 1 person from this forum has received the AIP...
RRSweet, Ortom, I really hope you guys hear something before end of tomorrow.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
lellen said:
But I got it in writing FROM the CIC agent I talked to on the phone. If you can't trust call center agents, who CAN you trust?
They ARE CIC, they're our only contact with CIC. If they have told you this about IEC, then you should trust THEM.
PGWP is not extendable as well. Lady on the phone told me back then: you can't extend your PGWP, it's a one time thing, you have to apply for a new closed work permit. BUT if you apply, you can continue to work under implied status while the new permit is processed. So it has nothing to do with extension, like they told you.

How do you know the IEC is false info then? How did people get in trouble? Maybe they weren't on implied status while they were working. If most people who have called CIC have been told the same thing, it's probably not false, just saying. I haven't had any experience with IEC whatsoever so I don't really know the right answer. But let's be a little bit more trusting of the call centre, scepticism is OK but seriously...
Unfortunately what the call center agents say sometimes is not entirely correct. That's the way it is even though it shouldn't be.

One of the clauses in the Immigration Act and regulations explains when people are on implied status. This is the law and this is what people can fall back on.

But if you have something in writing from CIC then I think you could defend yourself if CIC ever makes an issue of it. I think they need to be responsible for what they say though I don't think you can't fall back on 'so and so at CIC told me this on the phone'. Get it in writing.

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
Linden said:
But if you have something in writing from CIC then I think you could defend yourself if CIC ever makes an issue of it. I think they need to be responsible for what they say though I don't think you can't fall back on 'so and so at CIC told me this on the phone'. Get it in writing.
Yes I agree with this, if they don't offer to send you the info on your email (which usually has their name and agent number), you should always ask for it, they're very willing to do it, don't really mind.

RRSweet

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
AIP: August 8, 2014 OWP Received August 15, 2014 Decision Made: Jan. 26, 2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
JohnnyP said:
So.. another week is coming to an end and only 1 person from this forum has received the AIP...
RRSweet, Ortom, I really hope you guys hear something before end of tomorrow.
Thanks JohnnyP .... I'm dying in anxiety over here... just wanna hear something! anything! It will literally be 12 months on Tuesday since the date we applied...never imagined it would take this long... sigh :-[

meiko3886

Star Member
Jan 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2014
AOR Received.
01-04-2014
Med's Done....
09-02-2014
Passport Req..
11-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2014
Hey all :) Im writing in name of my friend whom applied inland. How long it usually takes to finish first stage and get OWP (she send OWP application along)? Im trying to read the spreadsheet but i cant figure out some shortcuts :) thanks for the answer!

Jul 24, 2014
hi everybody im new to this bbs......
just wanna share my story.. its kinda complicate
i applied the family sponsorship inland on Jan, 2013
and they got my application and start working on it on Feb 17th, 2013
and then i got my aip and dm at the same time on dec 21, 2013
and at that time that email says my case has been transfer to scarbrough office so they will contact me blah blah
and i got the landing interview letter on Jan 6th 2014 which i didnt expect that fast and they got me landing interview on feb 2th 2014, however me and my wife wasnt in the country so we asked our lawyer to reschudle the time for me.
and then things happen... we back to canada on feb 10th something 2013, and then were waiting for the second letter for the landing interview. and until march 1st 2013 i still didnt recieve any letter from cic but an email saying that i failed to show up the second interview which they set on feb 25th.. 2013. so my case has been closed. however i never got any letter from them since the first one then. so i wrote a letter to complain but got no reply.
i was so sad at that moment but still they ask me to reapply again. so i did all those steps again ( body check and pay for the fee etc) on this may 10th 2014
and what surprise me is i got the dm letter again this week which saying that my case completed the office in etocbicoke will contact me this time. again!! but no aip letter lol guess because they sent me already on last year dec 27th.so i called the cic call center and ask how would that happen thats the way so fast cuz i was expecting wait for another year lol.. and they told me they didnt start a new application for me actualy just reopen it. so yea.. my question is, do you guys know how long it would usually take until the etobicoke office contact me for the landing interview? thanks

and wish you guys all good lucK!

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bellomeanshalo said:
hi everybody im new to this bbs......
just wanna share my story.. its kinda complicate
i applied the family sponsorship inland on Jan, 2013
and they got my application and start working on it on Feb 17th, 2013
and then i got my aip and dm at the same time on dec 21, 2013
and at that time that email says my case has been transfer to scarbrough office so they will contact me blah blah
and i got the landing interview letter on Jan 6th 2014 which i didnt expect that fast and they got me landing interview on feb 2th 2014, however me and my wife wasnt in the country so we asked our lawyer to reschudle the time for me.
and then things happen... we back to canada on feb 10th something 2013, and then were waiting for the second letter for the landing interview. and until march 1st 2013 i still didnt recieve any letter from cic but an email saying that i failed to show up the second interview which they set on feb 25th.. 2013. so my case has been closed. however i never got any letter from them since the first one then. so i wrote a letter to complain but got no reply.
i was so sad at that moment but still they ask me to reapply again. so i did all those steps again ( body check and pay for the fee etc) on this may 10th 2014
and what surprise me is i got the dm letter again this week which saying that my case completed the office in etocbicoke will contact me this time. again!! but no aip letter lol guess because they sent me already on last year dec 27th.so i called the cic call center and ask how would that happen thats the way so fast cuz i was expecting wait for another year lol.. and they told me they didnt start a new application for me actualy just reopen it. so yea.. my question is, do you guys know how long it would usually take until the etobicoke office contact me for the landing interview? thanks

and wish you guys all good lucK!
You are saying your new application was received in May 2014. And in July 2014, CIC advised you that Decision has been made and local office will contact you? That means they are opening files received in May and before. But I understand March and April applicants not getting AORs yet. So I understand they looked at the files but takes them some time to send AOR?

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
lellen said:
Yes I agree with this, if they don't offer to send you the info on your email (which usually has their name and agent number), you should always ask for it, they're very willing to do it, don't really mind.
FYI. Here's a thread about someone getting an email from CIC saying that IEC visas do not benefit from implied status and were caught working illegally.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/apply-inland-after-iec-expire-keep-working-and-now-aip-refuse-t163087.0.html

PS - I would bring that email you got from CIC to your landing interview in case it ever came up.