+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

rorodegdeg

Jul 22, 2013
Hey everybody,

Do we have a timeline sheet of the 2013 applicants like the one for 2012 in Screetch signature ?

And how do I put my information in it ?

Thanks

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
rorodegdeg said:
Hey everybody,

Do we have a timeline sheet of the 2013 applicants like the one for 2012 in Screetch signature ?

And how do I put my information in it ?

Thanks
Yes, contact Guri :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
bankerguy said:
Hey guys,

My girlfriend is currently filling out the forms for the inland application for family - common-law PR.

She is currently living in Canada... she's been living in canada for 6 years, and with me for 2 years. She is currently on a post-grad work permit. She's got a year left on the visa and i know that the INLAND application will take a total of 18 months aprox...so we will also apply to extend her post grad work permit.

We have tons of pictures, and a joint bank account, apartment insurance and lease agreement that are co-signed and testimonials from friends and family so i dont foresee any problems. She's done the medical exam too.

Any tips or anything else i should know..we have not sent the application to Ontario yet... just want to see your guys thoughts.
Either she is applying for an open work permit - in which case send the application to Vegreville, AB OR you are applying via the Outland process - in which case send the application to Mississauga, ON.

Also, you say she's on a PGWP. If she qualifies for CEC I'd suggest she apply that way - it's faster (13 months), you have no duty to support her and she doesn't get PR-lite (although if you've been together 24 months it shouldn't be a conditional PR.) PLUS, with CEC once they've verified she is qualified, they give her a bridging work permit. AND she's not locked into staying in Canada during the process.

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
computergeek said:
Either she is applying for an open work permit - in which case send the application to Vegreville, AB OR you are applying via the Outland process - in which case send the application to Mississauga, ON.

Also, you say she's on a PGWP. If she qualifies for CEC I'd suggest she apply that way - it's faster (13 months), you have no duty to support her and she doesn't get PR-lite (although if you've been together 24 months it shouldn't be a conditional PR.) PLUS, with CEC once they've verified she is qualified, they give her a bridging work permit. AND she's not locked into staying in Canada during the process.
She does not qualify for CEC. She's a teacher for special education..and that job class does not qualify for CEC.
We will be doing Common-law family sponsorship, and we will use INLAND process not outland.

Also, i went on the Canada Immigration website, it looks like an Open work permit is not available for family class applications THIS SUCKS...

but...i did find this:
cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker .asp

i had to take out the www so that i could post the link

anyways, it looks like she could fill this out and apply to change the post grad work permit TO an open work permit. We would have to send in the docs linked above along with her PR docs all at once.

thoughts?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
bankerguy said:
Also, i went on the Canada Immigration website, it looks like an Open work permit is not available for family class applications THIS SUCKS...
Inland applicants qualify for an OWP after AIP. Since she has a PGWP now, she can apply for an OWP now and continue working under implied status until they make a decision on the OWP application. That option (OWP) is not available for outland applicants. That's the # 1 reason people apply inland (#2 is probably status issues).

The form you referenced is the right one. Write "Open Work Permit Application - Please Process after AIP" on the top. Include it with the PR application.

I went and looked up the NOC code for "special education teacher" and came up with 4141 (secondary) or 4142 (elementary). According to the NOC matrix (http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/English/noc/2011/pdf/Matrix.pdf) these are both NOC A positions and would qualify for CEC. Why have you concluded she does not qualify for CEC?

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
computergeek said:
Inland applicants qualify for an OWP after AIP. Since she has a PGWP now, she can apply for an OWP now and continue working under implied status until they make a decision on the OWP application. That option (OWP) is not available for outland applicants. That's the # 1 reason people apply inland (#2 is probably status issues).

The form you referenced is the right one. Write "Open Work Permit Application - Please Process after AIP" on the top. Include it with the PR application.

I went and looked up the NOC code for "special education teacher" and came up with 4141 (secondary) or 4142 (elementary). According to the NOC matrix (http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/English/noc/2011/pdf/Matrix.pdf) these are both NOC A positions and would qualify for CEC. Why have you concluded she does not qualify for CEC?
First, let me say that Your help is extremely appreciated.
She's an 'educational instructor' but doesnt run the class her self. It is not an elementary school either, its a private school for only for autistic kids.
Based on the NOC matrix she said that she would not qualify... but i didnt check myself.

'applicants qualify for OWP after AIP' sorry...AIP is what you get at the end of the first stage of PR application correct?

I'm glad i found the right form, i will do exactly like what you said. I did see one other person on these forums say that you write "process after aip" on the top and send it in WITH the inland pr application.
I feel more confident now.

Jellyfishy

Star Member
Aug 14, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
17-01-2014
QuebecOkie said:
Yep! I got a call last Thursday evening, a gentleman from CIC who asked me to send a copy of my passport. We sent the fax Friday morning, and he called that afternoon to say he received the fax (we had some trouble the night before). At around 1pm, I got an email from CIC - it was AIP. I freaked! (It had been 10 months and one week since my app was received.) Then, not even an hour later, I got a second email from CIC - it was DM! I REALLY freaked.

I had read that some people received AIP/DM at the same time when AIP took a long time. I hadn't quite dared to hope for it. We were very lucky.

CIC will send a request for your medical. I opted to do mine earlier, as I was stressing about a lack of medical prolonging my application. I was advised NOT to do my medical before the CIC request by a call centre representative, but I decided to do it anyhow.
Amazing, I hope we all get that lucky! (considering the new timeline) Now I almost want to get the medical done early as well haha. But I'm assuming I'd be risking having to completely re-do it and pay the fee again.

I also have a question about the PR and Passports if anyone knows a bit more about that.

I have my maiden name in my passport (and on the application) Now I have changed my name legally in my home country and I would of course like to change my name here as well. I don't know which way is the best to go about this.

For me to get a passport here I need to fly cross country (BC to ON) Ticket costing about 5-600$ then pay 4x the fee of what it is in my country for the application, plus a charge to pick it up back in BC. + a bunch of documents that need to be in order.
They also asked that I had proof of my status in Canada.. which of course makes it troublesome since I haven't even received my restoration yet. After that is done I would send in my new info to CIC.

Now the other option I see is to wait until I have my PR, fly back home and get a new passport there. If I do this however how would the PR card work? Since there would be a different surname on it. I would obviously apply for a new card when back in Canada but I also need to get in.

The third option I see is to wait until I have AIP and a more solid status in Canada and go then, I am just worried that this would be to late. Someone once told me you could bring your passport with your new last name to the landing interview and just get the info changed then but I don't know how true that is.

Sorry for the wall of text. I am just really confused about my options right now!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
bankerguy said:
First, let me say that Your help is extremely appreciated.
She's an 'educational instructor' but doesnt run the class her self. It is not an elementary school either, its a private school for only for autistic kids.
Based on the NOC matrix she said that she would not qualify... but i didnt check myself.
Then it sounds like 4215...

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/Profile.aspx?val1=4215

Still NOC B and thus qualified under CEC. To be honest, I don't know any special education teachers that "run the class" these days - the general preference seems for them to work in a standard classroom with a primary teacher.

bankerguy said:
'applicants qualify for OWP after AIP' sorry...AIP is what you get at the end of the first stage of PR application correct?
Too many acronyms. Agreement in Principle (AIP) means they have approved the sponsor and the applicant is eligible to apply for PR from inside Canada. It also is the point at which she becomes eligible for the OWP.

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
computergeek said:
Then it sounds like 4215...

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/Profile.aspx?val1=4215

Still NOC B and thus qualified under CEC. To be honest, I don't know any special education teachers that "run the class" these days - the general preference seems for them to work in a standard classroom with a primary teacher.

Too many acronyms. Agreement in Principle (AIP) means they have approved the sponsor and the applicant is eligible to apply for PR from inside Canada. It also is the point at which she becomes eligible for the OWP.
I'll forward our convo to her..get to to look at 4215. Thank you.

So, agreement in principal would happen once we send the completed PR package to ontario? Once our application is AIP, then they forward the application to the correct office (alberta in my case)

PaoladeCano

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
Hi guys,

I need your advise. Here´s a bit of background:
My husband came to Canada in September of 2012, and when we were about to reach the 6 month mark for his stay, we applied for an extension, which we got. That is now going to expire again at the end of this month, so we need to apply for yet another extension. Problem is, because he´s been in the country for more than 6 months now, we need to submit a medical exam along with the visa extension application, which costs $250 dollars... and you know for us living on one salary is a pretty high cost (specially considering all the other fees we´ve already paid for immigration paper work, translations, extension number 1, etc, etc). So my question is, can he stay in the country, even if his visa expires in a few weeks, and have the "implied status" that I´ve heard so much of? isn´t that just for people that applied for open work permits along with their sponsorship application? does anyone know?

We just really can´t afford it right now... and then I would be so upset if another 6 months pass before we get asked to send the medical exam and we need to pay ANOTHER $250 to get that. This just keeps adding on and on!

We got AOR on January 7th of 2013, and of course are still waiting to hear from immigration about next steps or AIP.

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
P

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Vegreville /CPC - Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
Can you please add me to the spreadsheet
Application received : July 30 2013
AOR: Aug 25
Med's done : June 06 2013
thanks.

guri3577 said:
@ ACS welcome to the thread, you have been added :)
Also, I have a question about police checks, I didn't include any since I came to canada 3 weeks after turning 18, will the IO figure this out on his/her own or should I have included a letter stating that?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
PaoladeCano said:
Hi guys,

I need your advise. Here´s a bit of background:
My husband came to Canada in September of 2012, and when we were about to reach the 6 month mark for his stay, we applied for an extension, which we got. That is now going to expire again at the end of this month, so we need to apply for yet another extension. Problem is, because he´s been in the country for more than 6 months now, we need to submit a medical exam along with the visa extension application, which costs $250 dollars... and you know for us living on one salary is a pretty high cost (specially considering all the other fees we´ve already paid for immigration paper work, translations, extension number 1, etc, etc). So my question is, can he stay in the country, even if his visa expires in a few weeks, and have the "implied status" that I´ve heard so much of? isn´t that just for people that applied for open work permits along with their sponsorship application? does anyone know?

We just really can´t afford it right now... and then I would be so upset if another 6 months pass before we get asked to send the medical exam and we need to pay ANOTHER $250 to get that. This just keeps adding on and on!

We got AOR on January 7th of 2013, and of course are still waiting to hear from immigration about next steps or AIP.

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
P
Why don't you add an OWP application to the existing PR application. As long as it arrives before his status expires he's covered by implied status.

Note that even if his status expires, the public policy would apply (so out-of-status applicants on an inland application are permitted).

Why do you think you need to submit a medical with the extension request?

PaoladeCano

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
The cic.gc.ca website says that you need to submit the application for OWP 30 days before the visitor visa expires, and the same thing applies to the application for the visa extension :( so I thought I´d try to submit an application on line (for the visitor visa extension), so you have to answer a questionnaire and on the questionnaire it asks if he´s been in the country for more than 6 months (which he has)and if so, then they say that he needs to have a medical exam.

Then it also says that implied status only applies for when an application has been submitted:

"If your visitor visa expires after you have submitted your application for an extension of your authorization to remain in Canada, you will be considered in status as a temporary resident (visitor) until a decision is made on the application. This is known as implied status."

Maybe this applies only for ´regular visitors´? I am going to call immigration first thing tomorrow morning, but knowing how helpless they are we are expecting the worse and thinking that they will tell us that my husband has to leave the country by September 30. I am extremely sad and frustrated with this whole process... we´ve invested so much money on the whole thing and we just can´t seem to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Sorry to be such a downer, just feeling really sad at the thought of not having my hubby with me and even losing the whole application now :(

RRSweet

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
AIP: August 8, 2014 OWP Received August 15, 2014 Decision Made: Jan. 26, 2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
WaitingKiwi said:
Hello just quoting an old post. I think this is absolutely correct. We can be doing something to help our situation and that is to make some noise by contacting our local MP. I dont think we need to wait until 6 months are up, just make some noise now so we can get this wait time down from 10months. Or better yet to get them to start working. If they have completed 2 weeks of applications in 4 months how long do you think we will be waiting? Especially when our buddys applying outland are having the initial stage completed in 27days.
I sooo agree with you! I will be contacting my MP when I am at the 6 month mark. Inland or outland, no one should have to wait more than 6 months for an OWP. They need to pick up the pace or hire more workers to get the job done!!

PaoladeCano

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
QuebecOkie said:
Yep! I got a call last Thursday evening, a gentleman from CIC who asked me to send a copy of my passport. We sent the fax Friday morning, and he called that afternoon to say he received the fax (we had some trouble the night before). At around 1pm, I got an email from CIC - it was AIP. I freaked! (It had been 10 months and one week since my app was received.) Then, not even an hour later, I got a second email from CIC - it was DM! I REALLY freaked.

I had read that some people received AIP/DM at the same time when AIP took a long time. I hadn't quite dared to hope for it. We were very lucky.

CIC will send a request for your medical. I opted to do mine earlier, as I was stressing about a lack of medical prolonging my application. I was advised NOT to do my medical before the CIC request by a call centre representative, but I decided to do it anyhow.
I guess this means too, that the timelines they have posted on line aren´t accurate, which is great news for the rest of us who are patiently awaiting for some news, right? :D