Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
RRSweet said:
I sooo agree with you! I will be contacting my MP when I am at the 6 month mark. Inland or outland, no one should have to wait more than 6 months for an OWP. They need to pick up the pace or hire more workers to get the job done!!
They probably won't be able to. I'm almost 7 months into it all and still not the slightest squeak from them.

Ariandel

Aug 28, 2012
I contacted our local MP's office who made some phonecalls on our behalf.

The problem is the strike even for in-Canada applications. See, although the processing center at Veg isn't striking, they're using the employees there to work on non-inland applications in the mean time. The lady I spoke to at the MP's office said she heard they have hired some more people to work on applications.

I don't know why we got prioritized so low, but that's what's been happening (according to that lady, at least).

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
They better do their job right then. I'm worried about flaws and what not.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
computergeek said:
The form you referenced is the right one. Write "Open Work Permit Application - Please Process after AIP" on the top. Include it with the PR application.
I just wrote “For Open Work Permit” and included a little Cover Letter stating that we were advised by a CIC Call Centre Rep to include this form in Application for an Open Work Permit once I was approved as a Sponsor.

Hopefully that will be straight forward enough for them, since I didn’t really know the AIP term when I sent it in…….

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Ariandel said:
I contacted our local MP's office who made some phonecalls on our behalf.

The problem is the strike even for in-Canada applications. See, although the processing center at Veg isn't striking, they're using the employees there to work on non-inland applications in the mean time. The lady I spoke to at the MP's office said she heard they have hired some more people to work on applications.

I don't know why we got prioritized so low, but that's what's been happening (according to that lady, at least).
Thanks for the update from your MP! :)

Not to whine and complain, because I know “life is not fair”, and I do understand that we are lucky enough to have our Significant Others’ here WITH us physically…

BUT…it’s not that our lives are not on hold while one of us can’t work, can’t travel, etc. We have a way longer processing time than the Outlands to begin with….

That just doesn’t seem right….

But hey…..on the good side, over in the 2012 Inland Thread, the DMs and AIPs are really starting to roll in it seems!!! Yaaaayyy!! Great for them, and great for us…means we are getting just that much closer.

I am hoping to get my AOR by the end of this week *fingers crossed*….then I will start obsessively checking for these eCas (??) updates that I hear so much about!! lol

What are these other notes I have heard about in the forum where you can see the notes the Officer is making when reviewing your file? Would we just order them when the wait is getting passed the stated time? I believe we will have an extended processing time on ours for various reasons, so it’d be nice to see what their thoughts/comments are on our Application….But I’ve also heard that requesting these can slow down your processing time??

princesultan

Aug 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-13
AOR Received.
08-09-13
Med's Done....
10-05-13
Hey everyone!

Want to add me to the list? We sent in our application on August 6th and we just received an AOR today, so September 4th.

When you receive an AOR, does that mean that all the files are complete and nothing is missing?

Thanks and let the waiting begin!

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
princesultan said:
Hey everyone!

Want to add me to the list? We sent in our application on August 6th and we just received an AOR today, so September 4th.

When you receive an AOR, does that mean that all the files are complete and nothing is missing?

Thanks and let the waiting begin!
PM your info to guri3577 and you will be added! :)

Ours was rec'd Aug.14th....so I'm hoping to get the AOR soon too! :)

From what I hear - yes. Means they've checked everything and you are good to go....in for the fun of The Big Wait.

I believe they also give you the info you need to login and check these eCas notes (or something like that) but that it takes a few days until it shows up.

Good luck! :)

GatorSPO

Aug 29, 2013
Ariandel said:
The problem is the strike even for in-Canada applications. See, although the processing center at Veg isn't striking, they're using the employees there to work on non-inland applications in the mean time.
That's the story I heard from a CIC call centre agent as well

Jellyfishy

Star Member
Aug 14, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
17-01-2014
ACS said:
I just wrote “For Open Work Permit” and included a little Cover Letter stating that we were advised by a CIC Call Centre Rep to include this form in Application for an Open Work Permit once I was approved as a Sponsor.

Hopefully that will be straight forward enough for them, since I didn't really know the AIP term when I sent it in.......
It should be fine! We sent ours with the application but forgot to pay the fee, they sent us a letter asking for the fee (and updated documents) so they must have gotten it :)

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Jellyfishy said:
Amazing, I hope we all get that lucky! (considering the new timeline) Now I almost want to get the medical done early as well haha. But I'm assuming I'd be risking having to completely re-do it and pay the fee again.
I have my maiden name in my passport (and on the application) Now I have changed my name legally in my home country and I would of course like to change my name here as well. I don't know which way is the best to go about this.
In hindsight, I'm glad I did the medical before CIC requested it. However, there was a risk that my results wouldn't be matched up properly with my file, and I would have had to do the medical again. Not cheap in Québec!

As for the name change stuff...UGH! I feel your pain. I took my husband's name, and everything back in the U.S. *except* my passport was changed to my married name. We never had time to do the passport, as we were married in April, traveled to Québec in May for our house-hunting trip, and then started our move in July. We *might* have had time to get my new passport between the HHT and the move, but I didn't want to risk not receiving the passport in time, as I was closing my PO box when we moved, and I HAD to have the passport to cross into Canada. I will get PR under my maiden name. I can't change anything now, as we have travel booked in March, so I have to travel under my maiden name.

At some point, I'll have to get my name changed in my passport, and then I suppose I'll go to WAR with Québec for the right to use my legal, married name (they don't let women take their husband's last names here, but I've read up on it, and I'm prepared to fight for the name change). *sigh* I feel like it'll be 2020 before ALLLLLLLL of my administrative stuff is finished, lol!

coolcanadian

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Hello,
I was sponsored to come to Canada by my ex now we are divorced and i got remarried to someone back home.....my five years will finish in few days however i became a Canadian citizen last month....does this law still effect me as I am a citizen now?Huh

If it does not then i am filling up application to sponsor,sponsorship agreement and undertaking (im1344). In that form what do i reply to question 5 in sponsor eligibility assessment?Huh?

any help will be greatly appreciated

Jellyfishy

Star Member
Aug 14, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
17-01-2014
QuebecOkie said:
In hindsight, I'm glad I did the medical before CIC requested it. However, there was a risk that my results wouldn't be matched up properly with my file, and I would have had to do the medical again. Not cheap in Québec!

As for the name change stuff...UGH! I feel your pain. I took my husband's name, and everything back in the U.S. *except* my passport was changed to my married name. We never had time to do the passport, as we were married in April, traveled to Québec in May for our house-hunting trip, and then started our move in July. We *might* have had time to get my new passport between the HHT and the move, but I didn't want to risk not receiving the passport in time, as I was closing my PO box when we moved, and I HAD to have the passport to cross into Canada. I will get PR under my maiden name. I can't change anything now, as we have travel booked in March, so I have to travel under my maiden name.

At some point, I'll have to get my name changed in my passport, and then I suppose I'll go to WAR with Québec for the right to use my legal, married name (they don't let women take their husband's last names here, but I've read up on it, and I'm prepared to fight for the name change). *sigh* I feel like it'll be 2020 before ALLLLLLLL of my administrative stuff is finished, lol!
Whoa that sucks! Here in BC it is so much easier! I can wait with the passport thing, but really wondering how I would re-enter the country with the documents having a different name on them! Also the double ID thing is a pain when half of you is under another surname! (time to stop buying beer lol).

Maybe you can use the loop hole that you already changed your name back in your home country?

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Jellyfishy said:
Whoa that sucks! Here in BC it is so much easier! I can wait with the passport thing, but really wondering how I would re-enter the country with the documents having a different name on them! Also the double ID thing is a pain when half of you is under another surname! (time to stop buying beer lol).

Maybe you can use the loop hole that you already changed your name back in your home country?
To make things just a bit more confusing, I still have my Oklahoma driver's license. I go by my middle name, and on my driver's license, I have "M. Megan X***." So when "Mary M. Y***" (first name and maiden name) is on other paperwork, the names don't match up at ALL. ??? Not that concerned about it. I already have "Megan X***" on my bank account here, and I think there are legal avenues to getting my name changed, just might require some time/money. If we had gotten married IN Québec, I would have no issue with them not letting me take my husband's name. I respect the differences in culture and laws. However, I'm an American, and my legal name is now "Mary Megan X***." I intend to use it. Eventually!

Jellyfishy

Star Member
Aug 14, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
17-01-2014
coolcanadian said:
Hello,
I was sponsored to come to Canada by my ex now we are divorced and i got remarried to someone back home.....my five years will finish in few days however i became a Canadian citizen last month....does this law still effect me as I am a citizen now?Huh

If it does not then i am filling up application to sponsor,sponsorship agreement and undertaking (im1344). In that form what do i reply to question 5 in sponsor eligibility assessment?Huh?

any help will be greatly appreciated
Hi, if it finishes in a few days then shouldn't you be fine to answer "no" on that question (In the five years preceding your application, did you become a permanent resident after being sponsored as a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner?)

I'm pretty sure the law would be there regardless of your current status.

QuebecOkie said:
To make things just a bit more confusing, I still have my Oklahoma driver's license. I go by my middle name, and on my driver's license, I have "M. Megan X***." So when "Mary M. Y***" (first name and maiden name) is on other paperwork, the names don't match up at ALL. ??? Not that concerned about it. I already have "Megan X***" on my bank account here, and I think there are legal avenues to getting my name changed, just might require some time/money. If we had gotten married IN Québec, I would have no issue with them not letting me take my husband's name. I respect the differences in culture and laws. However, I'm an American, and my legal name is now "Mary Megan X***." I intend to use it. Eventually!
Oh wow, yeah I can see why that is troublesome! So glad I'm here in BC. I wish I could go by my middle name though!

It will surely take some time but if we have learnt anything from this whole ordeal it is patience!!

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Jellyfishy said:
It will surely take some time but if we have learnt anything from this whole ordeal it is patience!!
SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!! ;D I already has some pretty serious training in patience and uncertainty (military wife), but this immigration stuff is like a Ph.D. in Hurry-Up-And-Wait!