Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
My mother in law doesn't get why we didn't apply Outland. My own parents for that sake either. But knowing that we lived months and months apart is just unbearable we decided that we'd rather be low on income than having to be away from each other. I have had at least 5 times saying good bye to my man in the airport and I honestly ball like a little girl each time it's gruesome. So with being lazy and stay home, see my man everyday just happens to be better, so I don't regret going Outland at all. Plus my parents just moved back to Denmark which I haven't lived there for 5 years would be too weird on top of everything else that's going on haha.

Has any of you given up on trying to explain the situation to other people including friends or family? We have.. They simply dont get it lol.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Line.a said:
Has any of you given up on trying to explain the situation to other people including friends or family? We have.. They simply dont get it lol.
That's one of many reasons I'm SOOOOO thankful for this forum! NO ONE gets it! Hell, even my husband doesn't get just how stressed I've been as the wait dragged on. My husband was talking to a coworker on Friday about immigration stuff, and his coworker said, "Oh, she's not a citizen yet?" Hahahahahahahahaha! Nope, buddy, it's a bit more complicated than that. And trying to explain to my mom, who missed me terribly, that while I'm not "forbidden" to travel, it's a bad idea...ugh, I just try to sound upbeat and avoid talking to her about it.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
QuebecOkie said:
That's one of many reasons I'm SOOOOO thankful for this forum! NO ONE gets it! Hell, even my husband doesn't get just how stressed I've been as the wait dragged on. My husband was talking to a coworker on Friday about immigration stuff, and his coworker said, "Oh, she's not a citizen yet?" Hahahahahahahahaha! Nope, buddy, it's a bit more complicated than that. And trying to explain to my mom, who missed me terribly, that while I'm not "forbidden" to travel, it's a bad idea...ugh, I just try to sound upbeat and avoid talking to her about it.
Oh my goodness I am glad you said that. My mom was that way too.. Hahaha if she even just tries to open her mouth and ask more questions ill be like. Nope. I'm not talking to you if all you are going to is ask ONCE again the same question that I don't even have an answer for.. Lol! I'm so happy you got through it all now. I can't wait. I have this fear creeping up on me every now and then thinking we didn't include enough evidence for our common law relationship hahaha. This stuff is serious business which I can't wait to get over and done with :)

Jellyfishy

Star Member
Aug 14, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
17-01-2014
"Don't you just get citizenship through marriage?" Not my family, but friends ;)

My family and my husbands family understand. In-laws probably because they immigrated from China and brought the rest of the family over. MIL is super anxious about everything.. even more than me!

Lorelei

Mar 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
AOR Received.
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
21-05-2013
mrsc08 said:
@ lorelei: I'm an RN too. Which province are you in? One more thing that concerns me is the hours we need to report to the colleges! I reported 0 hours for the past year because I was on mat leave. As I mentioned above, I have 4.781 hours worked and we need at least 1,125 hours within 5 years! So I have two more years to renew my licence with 0 hours per year and that's it... They'll send me for a refresher course before I can renew again! By the way things are looking with CIC, 10 months or more on stage 1 and 8 months from my home country (plus delays).. That'll be more or less 2 years!!!!
I'm in Saskatchewan.I am in Canada for 9months now,so I didn't work at all. I worked in my own country as a nurse and went to college there,got my degree in literature but not planing to do that job in Canada since it's connected to my native language and not that popular here. Probably will have to start as a special care until I pass national licensing exam and stuff.

missboon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-11-2013
mrsc08 said:
I thought if you're here in Canada, you can still apply as Outland without having to fly back home. One of my friend said that the only risk you gotta take is when they require an interview, then you would have to fly back to your home country and depends if you hold a valid visitor visa still, then they let you back in Canada? Oh we'll, too late for me now..
This is something I've been struggling with...I've filled out everything for the inland and just gotta do the medical exam and re-send for my prints because they are older than 3 months ::) but I'm struggling as to whether to go through with inland (which I have already filled out) or outland. As of right now if I'm sent back to the states I have no home to go to. I'm married now and I don't want to spend any more time away from my husband than I have. We are newly weds but we have been together for more than 3 years and I truly don't want to keep going through the heartbreak of saying goodbye to him and not seeing him for weeks or months. I want the process to go fast but I don't think I want to risk staying here as a visitor and being called for an interview in the states. There's no way to know for sure that an interview would be waived. I'm even nervous about extending my visit so we can finish up the inland application because they want proof of my husbands income but he is self employed and gets paid in cash ..we however don't have a bank account at the moment. Hoping to get a joint account before the end of month. I wish it was as simple as your married and now you can stay with your significant other but I also understand why it's not that easy ..but it shouldn't be this hard either... :-\

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Jellyfishy said:
"Don't you just get citizenship through marriage?" Not my family, but friends ;)

My family and my husbands family understand. In-laws probably because they immigrated from China and brought the rest of the family over. MIL is super anxious about everything.. even more than me!
So they know what the whole deal is about.. Lucky you! My mans family all come from rural Saskatchewan so for him to even be dating a European was a huge shock to them all lol. My parents moved to the United Kingdom with my siblings and I and yet they don't get why. My boyfriend told his mother the other day about how she best be prepared for him to be leaving for Europe once she wasn't too impressed. Like c'mon -.-

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Line.a said:
So they know what the whole deal is about.. Lucky you! My mans family all come from rural Saskatchewan so for him to even be dating a European was a huge shock to them all lol. My parents moved to the United Kingdom with my siblings and I and yet they don't get why. My boyfriend told his mother the other day about how she best be prepared for him to be leaving for Europe once she wasn't too impressed. Like c'mon -.-
Lol...I can totally imagine what you are saying! My mom was born and raised in rural Sask. (Maidstone) and I have visted often. Have you see the show Corner Gas? It is sooo accurate about Sask. My mom loves to watch it. :)

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
guri3577 said:
Hi 5hr3wd,
There is no column for AOR received in the spreadsheet because CIC is inconsistent with sendind AOR's to everyone. Next update that I will need from you is when your file goes into processing :)
What is the difference of AOR and when your file goes into processing? Do they send you an email to let you know they have begun processing your file seprately from the AOR? Or you just have to check the updates online that you can get once your AOR is rec'd?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
ACS said:
What is the difference of AOR and when your file goes into processing? Do they send you an email to let you know they have begun processing your file seprately from the AOR? Or you just have to check the updates online that you can get once your AOR is rec'd?
AOR is acknowledge of receipt = Meaning they are telling you officially that they recieved your application on a specific date. Usually at that stage, they look over the application to make sure all the minimum required forms are there and signed. If not, they will return your application and ask to fix the application and resubmit it. Getting AOR stage usually comes about 2-3 months after your application been submitted.

Your file will actually go into processing at AIP stage (Approved in Principle) stage.

You cannot check your status online until you reach AOR stage. And when you do, it will only say "we recieved your application for sponsorship on date...Blah blah."

Screech339

5hr3wd

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville --> CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
15-August-2013
Med's Done....
05-June-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 09-July-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 09-July-2014
LANDED..........
15-August-2014
screech339 said:
AOR is acknowledge of receipt = Meaning they are telling you officially that they recieved your application on a specific date. Usually at that stage, they look over the application to make sure all the minimum required forms are there and signed. If not, they will return your application and ask to fix the application and resubmit it. Getting AOR stage usually comes about 2-3 months after your application been submitted.

Your file will actually go into processing at AIP stage (Approved in Principle) stage.

You cannot check your status online until you reach AOR stage. And when you do, it will only say "we recieved your application for sponsorship on date...Blah blah."

Screech339
I think that's what usually happens but not in my case. My status said in process the moment we received the AOR.:

We received your application to sponsor on July 18, 2013.

We started processing your application on August 14, 2013.

SmithyLinds

Star Member
May 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
Mine also says the same. Application was received July 6th, 2013. Application in process July 31st, 2013

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
You may be looking at the sponsor's application/information? I know when I looked at ecas before AIP/DM, for my husband, it said something like, "We received your application to sponsor [my name] on October 23, 2012. We started processing your application on December 17 (or something, I don't remember the exact date)." Then, if I just pulled up ecas with my UCI, I would see something like, "We received your application for permanent residency on October 23, 2012."

5hr3wd

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville --> CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
15-August-2013
Med's Done....
05-June-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 09-July-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 09-July-2014
LANDED..........
15-August-2014
QuebecOkie said:
You may be looking at the sponsor's application/information? I know when I looked at ecas before AIP/DM, for my husband, it said something like, "We received your application to sponsor [my name] on October 23, 2012. We started processing your application on December 17 (or something, I don't remember the exact date)." Then, if I just pulled up ecas with my UCI, I would see something like, "We received your application for permanent residency on October 23, 2012."
Yeap that's correct. I was looking at the sponsors ecas status as that's where I'm expecting any updates :p. I know they won't start working on my part of the application until and after they do the AIP.

WaitingKiwi

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
Med's Done....
18-04-2013
Ginabean said:
Hi everyone. I am new to posting but not new to the forum due to my lurking since June. ;D I live in BC and am sponsoring my husband who is from England. AOR for us was Jan. 21st so we are now at the 7 month mark.

I think it is important that anyone who has passed 6 months, contact their local MP. I realize the MP cannot make individual cases move faster but they do have the power to at least make some noise on our behalf. Even better yet, ask friends & family to e-mail your local MP as well. Squeaky wheels gets the grease, right?
Hello just quoting an old post. I think this is absolutely correct. We can be doing something to help our situation and that is to make some noise by contacting our local MP. I dont think we need to wait until 6 months are up, just make some noise now so we can get this wait time down from 10months. Or better yet to get them to start working. If they have completed 2 weeks of applications in 4 months how long do you think we will be waiting? Especially when our buddys applying outland are having the initial stage completed in 27days.