Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-11-2013
Two questions my fellow in-landers :)

Can include pictures of me with my husbands family for our application?

And do I choose the office that most closest to our place of residence to send our application?

Thanks! 8)

woodyc

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
18-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
24-02-2015
missboon said:
Two questions my fellow in-landers :)

Can include pictures of me with my husbands family for our application?

And do I choose the office that most closest to our place of residence to send our application?

Thanks! 8)
Sure It wouldn't hurt to include pictures of you with your husbands family the more proof the better i think.
We included pictures of me, my partner & my mother when she was visiting in our app.

If you are applying inland you need to send you app to Vegreville AB

hope that helps

missboon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-11-2013
woodyc said:
Sure It wouldn't hurt to include pictures of you with your husbands family the more proof the better i think.
We included pictures of me, my partner & my mother when she was visiting in our app.

If you are applying inland you need to send you app to Vegreville AB

hope that helps
So the CPC in Mississauga is for outland applications not inland? Thanks! ;)

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
missboon said:
So the CPC in Mississauga is for outland applications not inland? Thanks! ;)
That's correct :)

mrsc08

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2013
Doc's Request.
09-01-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2013
Med's Request
09-01-2014
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP: 23-03-2014
Hey guys! Not to ruin your night or I should say your very early morning.. I'm jut impressed how fast it is to get your visa if you applied Outland! I was reading the May 2013 Outland thread and most of the are getting a request for their passports and some got their visa issued. We are talking about 3 months processing from the date they applied to receiving a passport request. I know even if I've been here in Canada since 2008, we have the option between Outland and inland. I've no clue why I never considered Outland. :'( :'( :'(

mrsc08

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2013
Doc's Request.
09-01-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2013
Med's Request
09-01-2014
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Reuniting with family is their main goal for a quick processing and I am from the bottom of my heart happy for them. But looking into our situations here.. It's just not acceptable. I've stayed positive for the past 6 months and I do understand clearly that CIC are still working on October 12 applicants, that they're on strike.. Yadah.. Yadah.. Yadah.. But what are they expecting us to do?? We're turning into couch potatoes and guess what?? Up to the next what.. Another year or 2 with the way things are going?! I'm pretty active cause my hubby and I have a beautiful one year old son but nevertheless I want to help him work. Yes my hubby can support us no problem cause he works up here in Fort McMurray in an oilfield but we have plans like investments and what's happening is instead of him working 6 on (3 days, 3 nights), 6 off.. He's been doing 9 on (6 days, 3 nights), 3 days off! And mind CiC, these are 12 hour shifts were talking about! Almost 16 hours a day including traveling to the site! He don't mind, but I do! We barely spend time together as a family! Seeing him work his ass off when it's unnecessary is brutal!!! Plus with my profession, this regulatory board in Alberta requires us 1,125 worked hours within 5 years or you can't renew your licence.. Worst is you have to do a refresher course! Before my maternity leave started, I banked 4,781 hours so I'm safe for the next 3 years, minus one for my maternity leave and the way this PR is going looks like I'll run out of hours!!! Wwwaaahhh!!! I am freaking out!!! End of rant... :'(

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Then there are others living and just barely making it. We had to cut off tv, just to be able to get food... Tell me about feeling frustrated. All we got is Internet.. But that's alright we can watch most stuff there too. Saves $85 a month for silly shaw lol. At least you got money.. That's a good thing, but I'm sorry to hear about him being away all the time. I know a few whose boyfriends work up north and they aren't liking it either..

mrsc08

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2013
Doc's Request.
09-01-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2013
Med's Request
09-01-2014
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Line.a sorry to hear that.. :( the price we gotta pay for money though.. today is his first day off and jes normally zonked out most of the day cause he came from nights, tom he'll still be too tired (which I don't blame him), and the 3rd day, we gotta do a major grocery and then that's it.. He sleeps early cause he gotta be up early! I guess our point is we are all suffering from this long wait. what i can't seem to comprehend is besides being away from their family, I don't see any other difference between us inland apps with the Outland apps. We're too far behind compared to the processing of our papers! Sigh..... :-[

God be with us

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
14-08-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with application
Interview........
Thankfully not reqrd
VISA ISSUED...
13-6-2014
LANDED..........
24-6-2014
Dear Mrsc08 & Line.a,

My husband is working hard to support us.....but I feel so helpless at times. There are days when I just wish and pray for early approvals.......He doesn't mind or complain......but the way u guys feel......it goes through my mind too......

Our landlord has provided us with the cable but buying a car....we are still in 2 minds considering the amount of insurance.

god Bless us all

Jellyfishy

Star Member
Aug 14, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
17-01-2014
mrsc08 said:
Hey guys! Not to ruin your night or I should say your very early morning.. I'm jut impressed how fast it is to get your visa if you applied Outland! I was reading the May 2013 Outland thread and most of the are getting a request for their passports and some got their visa issued. We are talking about 3 months processing from the date they applied to receiving a passport request. I know even if I've been here in Canada since 2008, we have the option between Outland and inland. I've no clue why I never considered Outland. :'( :'( :'(
Which countries are getting theirs? I'm sure that plays a part!
We heavily considered outland before we applied but decided that we didn't want to be appart any longer. Now of course I slightly regret it. Luckily we have good funds to keep us afloat, but I want kids and for that to happen not only do I need the medicals out if the way but we also need to increase our income by a little bit.
I just feel like I'm sitting here on pause.

My sister in law suggested it take a course (for less than 6 months) as a visitor, however the prices for that are ginormous in comparison to what a resident pays. I am still considering it though.. Anything to get out of this feeling of limbo.

Lorelei

Mar 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
AOR Received.
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
21-05-2013
We are living on 1850$ a month two of us :'( So we have debt of 2300$ on our credit card since we had to pay for pr,and it's really hard to be positive when we have 10 or more months to my owp. I am a nurse and I can't work and knowing how much I'm going to be paid makes me keep hanging.But yeah this is realy degrading to live like this,but I am happy to be with my husbend and we will get even stronger thru this expirience.
Kids we can only dream about them for next 3-5 years.

mrsc08

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2013
Doc's Request.
09-01-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2013
Med's Request
09-01-2014
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
@jellyfishy: I'm not sure what countries are they from. But regardless, if you read their threads, most of them who are May 2013 applicants are receiving passport request, I believe they call it PPR and as we'll as some's visas. I thought if you're here in Canada, you can still apply as Outland without having to fly back home. One of my friend said that the only risk you gotta take is when they require an interview, then you would have to fly back to your home country and depends if you hold a valid visitor visa still, then they let you back in Canada? Oh we'll, too late for me now..

@lorelei: I'm an RN too. Which province are you in? One more thing that concerns me is the hours we need to report to the colleges! I reported 0 hours for the past year because I was on mat leave. As I mentioned above, I have 4.781 hours worked and we need at least 1,125 hours within 5 years! So I have two more years to renew my licence with 0 hours per year and that's it... They'll send me for a refresher course before I can renew again! By the way things are looking with CIC, 10 months or more on stage 1 and 8 months from my home country (plus delays).. That'll be more or less 2 years!!!!

mrsc08

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2013
Doc's Request.
09-01-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2013
Med's Request
09-01-2014
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oh and not to mention, my health insurance will expire on November, same time my work permit expires. So from there, I don't know.. A friend of mine said, if you need to seek a health professional consult or (knock on wood) need to go to the emerg, keep your receipts and the government or the province I think will reimburse your expenses. I have submitted an app for an OWP together with our sponsorship/PR app so I am on implied status right? But I am considering applying for an extension to stay as a visitor, because then i will be eligible for Alberta health. We don't have to think about paying cash upfront or credit card when emergency arises. That's another hassle. How do you others think? What your health insurance status?

Jellyfishy

Star Member
Aug 14, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
17-01-2014
mrsc08 said:
@ jellyfishy: I'm not sure what countries are they from. But regardless, if you read their threads, most of them who are May 2013 applicants are receiving passport request, I believe they call it PPR and as we'll as some's visas. I thought if you're here in Canada, you can still apply as Outland without having to fly back home. One of my friend said that the only risk you gotta take is when they require an interview, then you would have to fly back to your home country and depends if you hold a valid visitor visa still, then they let you back in Canada? Oh we'll, too late for me now..
Well there are still people waiting in the February thread so that is why I am wondering where they are from. I'm sure different offices are affected differently by the strikes. For what would have been mine (And Line.a's for that matter) visa office = London things seem to be taking longer.
According to this spreadsheet: http://tinyurl.com/Feb-2013-FCV
3 Londoneers have recieved their visa but not landed yet. They sent theirs in January/Early February
All the others through London are still waiting (8 ppl)

Yes you could apply outland from Canada, but when your visa expires you have to leave, and it is hard to get back in (although not impossible) which means your partner would have to fly to you or you would both have to refrain from seeing each other for the duration.

I was considering that option, but to be perfectly honest; my visa ran out in June, I would have to uproot my life here, move back to Sweden for an unknown amount of time. TRY to get a new job for the months that I would be there and then fly back again when I was approved. I was not willing to go through that, even though I regret it now that it's no longer 6 months for the first step. At least I have my husband and my dog.