28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Daizey said:
What's worse, we actually DID send ours in at the beginning of June, but because I signed one section on the wrong line, we had to fix one page in the application and it pushed our received date to August. I kick myself everyday because of that. If I had just not messed up one line, I'd have had my OWP for awhile now, if not be done with the whole process completely. :(
I told hubby, you should have proposed earlier. Hahaha!!!!

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
shyla36 said:
I told hubby, you should have proposed earlier. Hahaha!!!!
LOL too true! I kept pushing the proposal myself, I moved up here to live with him in November 2012, and he proposed February 2013...believe me it was 3 months full of subtle hint dropping. :)

flange12

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2013
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13-01-2015
LANDED..........
11-03-2015
Daizey said:
What's worse, we actually DID send ours in at the beginning of June, but because I signed one section on the wrong line, we had to fix one page in the application and it pushed our received date to August. I kick myself everyday because of that. If I had just not messed up one line, I'd have had my OWP for awhile now, if not be done with the whole process completely. :(
Oh wow yes I can imagine the frustration! Well hopefully you will get everything in one quick swoop and land quickly :)

RRSweet

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
AIP: August 8, 2014 OWP Received August 15, 2014 Decision Made: Jan. 26, 2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
Quiet week it's been for AIP. This slow pace is actually really brutal. Truly hope they pick it up or they will never meet appropriate timelines :(

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was talking with someone that applied in early 2013 who had an interesting theory:

He said that his was one of the applications that was never transferred to CPC-M and that one of the agents told him that there are only a handful of VO's left at CPC-V (most lost their jobs), so the ones that are left, are working slow, because they know their jobs will end when the `pile' is processed.

Tragically...it seems to make sense.

Brazilian Canadian

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
I was talking with someone that applied in early 2013 who had an interesting theory:

He said that his was one of the applications that was never transferred to CPC-M and that one of the agents told him that there are only a handful of VO's left at CPC-V (most lost their jobs), so the ones that are left, are working slow, because they know their jobs will end when the `pile' is processed.

Tragically...it seems to make sense.
That's just absurd, they should be putting more people to work, instead of letting this delay go out of hands. One holiday and no work progress the whole week. They will never see the end of the pile, there's always new ones coming, so it makes no sense to me!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Brazilian Canadian said:
That's just absurd, they should be putting more people to work, instead of letting this delay go out of hands. One holiday and no work progress the whole week. They will never see the end of the pile, there's always new ones coming, so it makes no sense to me!
But not at CPC-V, which is where the skeleton crew is that seems to be working on those 2013 apps. They won't be seeing anything more than what they have now.

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
It is possible, but I have to disagree...
It makes less sense to me why they would keep some applications in Vegreville so that "some officers" can keep their job for a little longer.
They were processing the applications like crazy in February... and furthermore, government can't let people go that easily.
I think it's simply because of too many applications and lack of officers who are working on them. They are obviously not working very hard to process them any faster and the government is not training any more people to solve the issue. At last, it's the Canada Day week. I'm pretty sure there is no one in the office building right now. Or even if they were, they would be chatting and drinking glasses of wine enjoying the nice weather all week.

I hate to write such a negative comments every time I come here, but it's hard to stay "unfrustrated" when things are going this slow and bad.
I was hoping that the petition and Toronto star article would make some buzz and make things happen, but I actually feel like it's even slower than ever.

Ponga said:
But not at CPC-V, which is where the skeleton crew is that seems to be working on those 2013 apps. They won't be seeing anything more than what they have now.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
JohnnyP said:
It makes less sense to me why they would keep some applications in Vegreville so that "some officers" can keep their job for a little longer.
They were processing the applications like crazy in February... and furthermore, government can't let people go that easily.
I think it's simply because of too many applications and lack of officers who are working on them. They are obviously not working very hard to process them any faster and the government is not training any more people to solve the issue. At last, it's the Canada Day week. I'm pretty sure there is no one in the office building right now. Or even if they were, they would be chatting and drinking glasses of wine enjoying the nice weather all week.

I hate to write such a negative comments every time I come here, but it's hard to stay "unfrustrated" when things are going this slow and bad.
I was hoping that the petition and Toronto star article would make some buzz and make things happen, but I actually feel like it's even slower than ever.
I don't think Ponga meant "some" applications are being kept in Vegreville. These would be the ones received prior to aprox. June 2013 that haven't finished Stage 2 processing yet which would still be in Vegreville.

Not sure how many officers in Vegreville lost their job. I always take what CIC call agent says with a grain of salt. Vegreville still processes in Canada work permits at the moment.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JohnnyP said:

From CIC's website, dated Feb 17. 2014:

Any SCLPC applications that CPC-V has not commenced processing will be routed internally to CPC-M. Upon receipt of these cases, CPC-M will send a letter to the sponsor advising that their application was transferred from CPC-V to CPC-M for assessment and processing.

This would explain why not every application that was in the possession of CIC was sent to CPC-M. If an application had in fact commenced the processing, it remained at CPC-V.

Ironically, the following is posted just before the excerpt that I provided above:

To improve service and processing efficiency, responsibility for processing SCLPC applications was transferred from CPC-V to CPC-M to leverage its expertise in family class processing. These changes will ensure that Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) continues to meet its operational objectives in support of the Department’s ongoing modernization agenda.

Can you say `oxymoron'?

Even if CIC would publish an update, explaining what is happening, or better yet...why nothing much is happening, it would be better than everyone having to guess on their own.

God be with us

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
14-08-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with application
Interview........
Thankfully not reqrd
VISA ISSUED...
13-6-2014
LANDED..........
24-6-2014
Brunenian......

Heartiest congratulations........so happy for you. I got my Landing Letter 4 days before the appointment......M sure it feels awesome.

Enjoy.....do not get stressed the way i did :D

Take Care

canadianyogini

Mar 15, 2014
Hi guys,

It's been awhile I'm writing on this forum. I've been reading all the comments but I had nothing to update.

But today I received an email from CIC regarding my file. They said I need to update my IMM5669 form. I'm suer we put an additional paper to clarify where I lived and worked but they want me to provide addresses and work info after 2012 (which I moved to Canada). They said I have until September to re-complete the form and send it to them. Does that mean my application will be processed pushed back? Or is it just an additional info? I'm gonna work on it tonight and send it to them ASAP.

I'm a September applicant. It's a good news that they are working on our file!

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
canadianyogini said:
Hi guys,

It's been awhile I'm writing on this forum. I've been reading all the comments but I had nothing to update.

But today I received an email from CIC regarding my file. They said I need to update my IMM5669 form. There were some period I was living abroad less then 6 months and I didn't provide info/address on IMM5669. They said I have until September to re-complete the form and send it to them. Does that mean my application will be processed pushed back? Or is it just an additional info? I'm gonna work on it tonight and send it to them ASAP.

I'm a September applicant. It's a good news that they are working on our file!
You applied in September 2013???? and they actually asked you for something? No one from August on here has heard anything...

canadianyogini

Mar 15, 2014
bankerguy said:
You applied in September 2013???? and they actually asked you for something? No one from August on here has heard anything...
Yeah... I'm a Quebec applicant... I'm not sure if that helps. Also I modified the original post because I needed to clarify.

aman gill

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 6 2013
AOR Received.
May 14 2013