Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
rifat said:
My husband and I both got AIP and DMs on the spot same day of our interview and he even got his OWP on the spot. 3 days after they sent us a letter asking for his FBI Certificate from the States and we are just in the waiting period of receiving that back from the States I just hope they send us his FBI cert soon so he can get his PR. they extended his medicals too... we waited 20 months to hear this good news on OCT 21st. I hope he gets his PR with our new baby boy coming to the world in January :)
Wow Rifat, I'm so happy for you and your husband, was a long wait, wasn't it? but you guys are almost done. Congrats on the baby boy coming in January :D .. 2014 is going to be a great year for you :)

jsker

Jul 8, 2013
Hamilton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys. I wanted to get some of your opinions on mine and my partner's case.

We hired a consultant to help us through this process, and she has told me multiple times that she has the utmost faith that our application will be approved, and that she wouldn't have taken us as clients if there was a complication. But that doesn't help me stop worrying!

The things I'm worried about:

-When we applied, I was only working part time. (Maybe they will question my ability as a sponsor?)
-We applied under common-law status, but we haven't had our own place together. We moved into a family member's house and pay rent, but no bills or utilities in our name, except for a shared bank account. We thought this process would be a lot quicker and that we could get our own apartment when he started working in 6 months or so, but clearly, the wait has been double what we anticipated. I'm worried that they won't take us seriously because we don't live on our own (but we plan to as soon as he gets his OWP).

I have a second job now and work full time hours between the two.
Should I have our consultant send a little packet updating CIC on this? Also include a follow-up letter saying we have been apartment hunting, and wish to start planning a wedding once things are settled?
What are the chances they will refuse us over these things?

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
Thank you very much - one more question, g=should I fill the common-law statutory declaration out as well, even though the PR is in progress and CIC already has a copy of that form? The information on it has changed slightly since we last filed it in.

Cirene said:
Go here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

Open the the IMM 5710 and check if it was the same you used. This one is updated from July 2013.
*Check* OWP with a new employer

Then in the 3rd page, question 1A ask you "what type of work permit are you applying for" then it gives you a list of options, select Open Work Permit (is the first option).

NOTE: This application is for INLAND APPLICANTS ONLY

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
July 23rd 2014 :)
Tomorisu said:
I think so. Next Monday is 'Remembrance Day'. I think all Federal organisations are closed.
The CIC is closed for all statutory Holidays. but however I don't think its a stat holiday but it is observed in Alberta.

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
It's not considered a stat here in Nova Scotia, but it looks like it is a stat in Alberta.

http://www.statutoryholidays.com/alberta.php

Let's just hope that they keep up with the processing roll that their on when they come back from their long weekends! :)

EDIT:

Guys, I am having a panic attack. While reading another thread I realized that CIC might think it odd that hubby and I never changed our marital status with CRA after having been married in January (2013). At the time, hubby assured me that we would only need to declare it on our tax return for that year when tax time came around in April of 2014. Now I'm thinking I've made a huge mistake by not just going ahead and calling CRA and getting them to change it our status. Is this something that will jeopardize our application? :(

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Mrs_Canuck said:
Guys, I am having a panic attack. While reading another thread I realized that CIC might think it odd that hubby and I never changed our marital status with CRA after having been married in January (2013). At the time, hubby assured me that we would only need to declare it on our tax return for that year when tax time came around in April of 2014. Now I'm thinking I've made a huge mistake by not just going ahead and calling CRA and getting them to change it our status. Is this something that will jeopardize our application? :(
CIC does not have access to CRA records, so they won't know in any case.

Happywife08

Dec 19, 2012
Category........
Hello guys,

I have a question, Hubby has decided he wants to assume my last name.
But we are wondering if this would in any way delay our application.

What do you think????
:) :)

missboon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-11-2013
On the Document checklist...Do I need to include the pictures they want Appendix C? Or can I send them at a later date?

aman gill

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 6 2013
AOR Received.
May 14 2013
Med's Done....
May 2 2013
Passport Req..
Aip - 28 jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dm- 25march 2014
LANDED..........
23 April 2014
hey guys i was just wondering

i am sponsor i sponsered my husband i was just wondering how do i check status of my application i am a canadian citizen and

i dont have any client id number or pr card number

plz help me out

thanx

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
aman gill said:
hey guys i was just wondering

i am sponsor i sponsered my husband i was just wondering how do i check status of my application i am a canadian citizen and

i dont have any client id number or pr card number

plz help me out

thanx
After you sent your spouse application to the VO you or your husband will receive an AOR (some people get it in a matter of weeks, some others in a month), In that AOR you'll find your UCI and your spouse as well.

When you get your UCI you will be able to check your status on eCAS :)

VO: Visa Office
AOR: Acknowledgement of Receipt
UCI: Unique Client Identifier

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
missboon said:
On the Document checklist...Do I need to include the pictures they want Appendix C? Or can I send them at a later date?
Yes, you need to include them.

This is what the page says

What documents are required?
The table below outlines the documents that you need to include with your application. You must also use the Document Checklist included at the end of the form (IMM 5443) to assist you in gathering the necessary documentation.

Note. If any of the required documents are missing, or photocopies are not clear, your application will be returned to you.

Also, if you are planing to submit the medical check you need to have photos as well (when you book the appointment the doctor office will tell you how many pictures you'll need to bring with you)

done

Oct 28, 2013
Hello everyone

Does the new requirement apply for Quebec family sponsor? (the three years proof of income)

Is there any different between Quebec sponsorship for people who has CSQ and living in QC?

from what I read in their site people who applying from QC will need to prove only one year of income.
did I understand it correctly?

Please advice?

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/EN/IMMIGRATE-SETTLE/sponsors-sponsored/requirements-sponsor/specific-requirements/financial-standards/index.html

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
done said:
Hello everyone

Does the new requirement apply for Quebec family sponsor? (the three years proof of income)

Is there any different between Quebec sponsorship for people who has CSQ and living in QC?

from what I read in their site people who applying from QC will need to prove only one year of income.
did I understand it correctly?

Please advice?

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/EN/IMMIGRATE-SETTLE/sponsors-sponsored/requirements-sponsor/specific-requirements/financial-standards/index.html
Hi done. When my husband and I applied for CSQ, we didn't send anything about the proof of income. As it was in February, the rule might have been changed since then. However, if you just sponsor your spouse/common-low partner, I think you don't need to send proofs about income as long as looking at Sponsor's Guide and Checklist.

From 'Sponsor's Guide' page 20,
E. FINANCIAL CAPACITY EVALUATION FORM (A-0535-A)
If you are sponsoring your parents, grandparents or a minor orphaned child, or if the dependent
child you are sponsoring has a dependent child
, your undertaking application is subject to an
examination of your financial capacity. You must demonstrate that you are able to meet your
commitment on behalf of the person you are sponsoring and the members of his or her family,
regardless of whether they are accompanying him or her.

If you worry about it and if you are in Quebec, call to MICC! You can find their phone number at 'Sponsor's Guide' page 1.

missboon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-11-2013
Cirene said:
Yes, you need to include them.

This is what the page says

What documents are required?
The table below outlines the documents that you need to include with your application. You must also use the Document Checklist included at the end of the form (IMM 5443) to assist you in gathering the necessary documentation.

Note. If any of the required documents are missing, or photocopies are not clear, your application will be returned to you.

Also, if you are planing to submit the medical check you need to have photos as well (when you book the appointment the doctor office will tell you how many pictures you'll need to bring with you)
I have photos that I took at Blacks not long ago for the visit extension application...they are the same as required on the Appendix C so is okay if I print off two of those and send them?

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
computergeek said:
CIC does not have access to CRA records, so they won't know in any case.
I don't think you realize how much you just settled my nerves. Thank you!

@ Happywife08: Hubby wants to do the same. For the sake of the application being so close to being done (hopefully) we decided to wait until everything was settled. This close to the light at the end of the tunnel I would personally not want to see anything happen to delay the process.