VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
CruiseET said:
I am brand new on this forum and am hoping for any suggestions

Here is my situation

- I am an American Citizen
- My boyfriend is a Quebec born Canadian citizen.
- We both live in Quebec together since December 2012
- I am on a student visa from april 2013-august 2014
- We use to work abroad and decided to move to Canada last year. This dec will be 1 year living together, which qualifies us as common law
- I graduate from my McGill Graduate Diploma program April 2014
- We understand the differences in the application and point system for the Quebec CSQ systems.

We have 2 visa options
1. I apply in April 2014 for the Post Graduate Open work permit after my 10 month full time program
2. We can file our Common Law PR Application This December 2013

Questions
1. For our PR application, we can only apply inland right? In your experience approximately how long does that actually take? Can we apply outland if thats faster?
2. If we apply inland, am I allowed to leave the country since I still have my student visa until August 2014
3. Can we put in m PR application and then In APril also apply for the open work permit , because I don't think the PR will be completed by April

We have done much research and again we know the differences and steps for the Quebec specific steps.
We are looking for more general suggestions and opinions.
We aren't sure if we should do both the PR, and the Post-Grad Open work permit

I just want to make sure that when April comes, and I complete my McGill Graduate Diploma I am able to search for a job and stay here

Any help, thoughts, or opinions would be greatly appreciated!
Responded to you on the Quebec inland 2012 thread. :)

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
Ngawang said:
HI Everyone,
I received an email saying they received my application on june 03rd. So, who receives the AIP? me or my wife? as I am sponsoring her.
Hi Ngawang, AIP will be sent to the applicant. Sponsor also receives a letter like this;
This refers to the Application to sponsor a member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in
Canada Class you submitted to this office on behalf of APPLICANT'S NAME and family (if applicable).

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent
Residence will be processed separately and the applicant will hear from this office shortly.

But if you use a lawyer or a consultant, AIP will be sent to them.

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
niks1 said:
Not good.....just moved by 2 days....working on Nov 27th Applications..
If you go to the Inland Application 2012 thread you will see that they are actually sending AIP's to December applicants already. I'm always checking that thread just to keep myself sane. Hahaha All seems well, it seems like they're actually working pretty fast. ;)

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
ptg said:
What's with you? You're telling people standards that don't exist. People are already on high alert for any error, mistake etc, and desperately hoping that everything is correct. Please think before you post.
GOOSFRABA DUDE, GOOSFRABA!!!!!

First of all some forms ask specifically to be printed / typed with BLACK INK.

Second, I went to see a couple lawyers to make sure everything was alright with my application, BOTH of them highly ADVISED ME to sign the forms with BLACK INK. The funny part of all this is just that I was making the corrections and I was using a GEL PEN (because let's be honest, everybody loves gel pens) they told me to use a different pen as it looks more professional, more serious!!!! That was my advise to the user who was asking about which pen and colour to use. Also ACS and Line.a used the gel pens and everything went smooth (which is awesome).

You don't have to have more than 40 IQ points to kinda figure out that if you are going to sign ANYTHING from the government or anything that you consider "SERIOUS PAPER WORK" has to be in black! But if you want to print your forms with in pink and sign them with a purple pen (LOL) go ahead then and use whatever colour you want, I couldn't care less.

You said I should think before post here, well I think it's you who needs to read a little bit more and inform yourself better before posting anything or start judging other people!

PS: Thank you hockeyfan and line.a for having my back! +1

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Cirene said:
GOOSFRABA DUDE, GOOSFRABA!!!!!

First of all some forms ask specifically to be printed / typed with BLACK INK.

Second, I went to see a couple lawyers to make sure everything was alright with my application, BOTH of them highly ADVISED ME to sign the forms with BLACK INK. The funny part of all this is just that I was making the corrections and I was using a GEL PEN (because let's be honest, everybody loves gel pens) they told me to use a different pen as it looks more professional, more serious!!!! That was my advise to the user who was asking about which pen and colour to use. Also ACS and Line.a used the gel pens and everything went smooth (which is awesome).

You don't have to have more than 40 IQ points to kinda figure out that if you are going to sign ANYTHING from the government or anything that you consider "SERIOUS PAPER WORK" has to be in black! But if you want to print your forms with in pink and sign them with a purple pen (LOL) go ahead then and use whatever colour you want, I couldn't care less.

You said I should think before post here, well I think it's you who needs to read a little bit more and inform yourself better before posting anything or start judging other people!

PS: Thank you hockeyfan and line.a for having my back! +1

You made it clear! And it's the truth, you helped whoever asked the question about signing the forms! To come with a response from whoever that is, is not necessary at all! So you have nothing to worry about, no doubt about that! +1 right back at ya! :)

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Cirene said:

Just to help with the reading and informing... My husband is military, and they sign many things in blue ink in order to make it immediately clear which is an original and which is a copy. ;)

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
QuebecOkie said:
Just to help with the reading and informing... My husband is military, and they sign many things in blue ink in order to make it immediately clear which is an original and which is a copy. ;)
Thank you. I appreciate your post. Like I said "I was highly advised to sign them with black ink" so I did, but it's good to know :)

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
QuebecOkie said:
Like QuebecOkie said, blue ink is also OK!
When I submitted my application, I used a black ink (a ballpoint pen). However, my husband used a blue pen for his signature. And we didn't have any problem.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Tomorisu said:
Like QuebecOkie said, blue ink is also OK!
When I submitted, I used a black ink (a ballpoint pen). However, my husband used a blue pen for his signature. And we didn't have any problem.

Congrats on you DM and AIP!!!! Didn't even notice it until now! :)

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
Line.a said:
Congrats on you DM and AIP!!!! Didn't even notice it until now! :)
Ahahaha. Mange tak! :D

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Tomorisu said:
Ahahaha. Mange tak! :D
Så lidt da! :)

(You're welcome) hehe!

Happywife08

Dec 19, 2012
Category........
Hi Guys,

Since it is getting cold already, I wanted to ask you guys, if there is some kind of jacket you recommend for winter.

Last winter was my first one ever, and I was sooooo cold all the time, My hubby bought me a jacket at Mark's that was rated -40, i really don't think it is since I was freezing and as you know it didn't go anywhere near -40. I try layers, thermal clothes and still nothing.

I love walking around specially at Christmas time but last year I couldn't do max 10 min and I was done…. :0(

Hubby says maybe we have to buy a down filled jacket, but man they are so expensive…!!!! in the same respect it might last for years (hopefully) so in the long run it would work.

Any feedback…???

Spikey92

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-05-2013
Med's Done....
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-03-2014
I can HIGHLY recommend Canada Goose jackets! I have one myself and it keeps me warm no matter what!
Yes,they are expensive but they are awesome quality ! There is a reason why Canada Goode jackets are THE most often used jackets for expeditions to the Northpole :D

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Happywife08 said:
Hi Guys,

Since it is getting cold already, I wanted to ask you guys, if there is some kind of jacket you recommend for winter.

Last winter was my first one ever, and I was sooooo cold all the time, My hubby bought me a jacket at Mark's that was rated -40, i really don't think it is since I was freezing and as you know it didn't go anywhere near -40. I try layers, thermal clothes and still nothing.

I love walking around specially at Christmas time but last year I couldn't do max 10 min and I was done.... :0(

Hubby says maybe we have to buy a down filled jacket, but man they are so expensive...!!!! in the same respect it might last for years (hopefully) so in the long run it would work.

Any feedback...???
I used to sell The North Face, Carhartt and Under Armour jackets, and those are very good for a decent price. The thing with Canada goose is they're so expensive and I heard they don't last very long! But that's just what I heard obviously. I'd give it a shoot and visit www.asos.com as well they got some real beautiful jackets and coats and they ship free to Canada as well! Gotta have the right gear for Canadian winter! I loved the snow we got in Calgary earlier this Monday! :)

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
Hi Happywife08

I agree with Spikey92! I recommend you 'Canada Goose', though it's a bit expensive. When I was in Yellowknife, NT, I experienced - 40 degree. But Canada Goose was so good. I didn't feel cold. :p

If you also look for nice winter boots, I recommend you 'SOREL'. ;)